EwoodDawn Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Here's my weekly appeal for info, MG - reaction to the Economic Times' feature? Also could you please let your employers know that by entrusting Mr Souza, Manager of Venky’s do Brasil Ltda with our South American signings, they are totally infuriating the fans (yet again)? And making themselves look shamefully incompetent amongst all football lovers in England, if not the world. Thank you.
This thread is brought to you by theterracestore.com Enter code `BRFCS` at checkout for an exclusive discount!
Amo Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 MG was only lurking Saturday. Cat must have got his tongue.
PAFELL Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 MG was only lurking Saturday. Cat must have got his tongue. Unless beaten to death with a certain copy of the India fiancial times.
Guest Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 MG could you please tell us if you or any of the Raos have seen any of the following this weekend? - coverage of the 24 hour protest - coverage of the marches - Nick Harris' article and the subsequent article by The Guardian - Glen's participation in the BBC World Service program. If not, there are plenty of links on this website. They make for interesting viewing/reading. Sorry. Been out of town since Sunday. I've been waiting to get near a proper computer to post... Using the Blackberry to reply to all these posts is a pain. They might know of the protest, but it wasn't covered on TV here, so they likely didn't see it. They're given all articles regarding their businesses (including Rovers) each morning. BBC World Service - Doubt it. I read the ETI article this morning. I was told that the family read an advance copy before publication. And how about that interview with Anderson? C'mon MG, you were telling us that we need to communicate and now you appear to have clammed up. I've not seen nor heard from JA in many months. None of the family talk about him any more. (At least when the staff are around) Looks like MG has been reeled back into line by his employers. Another line of communication closed off by us nasty fans. Still here and willing to talk. It's just that the amount of info these days has dropped sharply. If they'd start travelling to the UK again i'd know more, alas that's not likely to happen soon. Haha!! You showed him. I doubt we'll see him posting here anymore. !
Guest Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Here's my weekly appeal for info, MG - reaction to the Economic Times' feature? Also could you please let your employers know that by entrusting Mr Souza, Manager of Venky’s do Brasil Ltda with our South American signings, they are totally infuriating the fans (yet again)? And making themselves look shamefully incompetent amongst all football lovers in England, if not the world. Thank you. As I said to few people via private mail, I just got back into town this morning. I don't know what the reaction is to the newspaper article yet. I'll ask around in the office tomorrow. Why does Mr. Souza anger you (and everybody else)? I honestly don't know him, unless he was the chap who accompanied a few of the agents over to here last year.
Kelbo Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 As I said to few people via private mail, I just got back into town this morning. I don't know what the reaction is to the newspaper article yet. I'll ask around in the office tomorrow. Why does Mr. Souza anger you (and everybody else)? I honestly don't know him, unless he was the chap who accompanied a few of the agents over to here last year. Because like our owner, he knows nothing about football!!
TugaysMarlboro Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 As I said to few people via private mail, I just got back into town this morning. I don't know what the reaction is to the newspaper article yet. I'll ask around in the office tomorrow. Why does Mr. Souza anger you (and everybody else)? I honestly don't know him, unless he was the chap who accompanied a few of the agents over to here last year. I don't think it's him as a person that angers people, but more the power he's seemingly been given. If we are to believe reports, he's currently employed as Chief Executive transfer genius with little to no experience in a footballing capacity.
EwoodDawn Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 "Why does Mr. Souza anger you (and everybody else)? I honestly don't know him, unless he was the chap who accompanied a few of the agents over to here last year." Perhaps because any football club worth its salt uses nationally, if not internationally recognised football experts - ex. managers, coaches, football players and the likes to recommend players to the manager, who THEN reports to the board, who THEN report to the owners to agree a sale/loan. They do not use the services of an expert in the poultry industry, who reports straight to the owners, overlooking the wishes/requirements of the manager and the board. Also, I find the following post quite bemusing because you also say that the family are "given all articles regarding their businesses (including Rovers) each morning": "I've not seen nor heard from JA in many months. None of the family talk about him any more. (At least when the staff are around)" Well, Mr anderson released a full statement regarding his interview (statement: http://www.semplc.com/content/statement-sem-chief-executive interview: http://roverstruth.co.uk/wordpress/archives/838) Since Mr Anderson speaks about their business of BRFC in both the interview and statement, I would find it strange to say the least if the family were unaware of them.
Guest Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Maybe I'm misreading your post. I'm not saying that the family are unaware of his interview and statement. I'm just saying that they don't talk about him.
bob fleming Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Maybe I'm misreading your post. I'm not saying that the family are unaware of his interview and statement. I'm just saying that they don't talk about him. Any chance of an insight into their reaction to what he said then, please MG?
jim mk2 Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 I read the ETI article this morning. I was told that the family read an advance copy before publication. Do they own the ETI and therefore have control over its editorial content ? If they do not own it how are they able to see before it is published ? Please explain.
Paul Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Do they own the ETI and therefore have control over its editorial content ? If they do not own it how are they able to see before it is published ? Please explain. Jim I believe it's not unusual for a journalist to inform the subject of an article of the content prior to publication in order to provide them the opportunity to respond or contribute. Similar to the BBC we invited a spokesman from xxxxxx to contribute to this programme erc. Does your own experience confirm this or not?
jim mk2 Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 The way MG Road phrased it I thought they were given an advance copy and asked to approve or disapprove of its content ( presumably the article would have been pulled if they did not like it). Maybe I'm misreading what he / she is saying.
Paul Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Yes read MGR's post again and understand what you are saying. My first reaction was they were being given an opportunity to respond.
Backroom DE. Posted January 24, 2012 Backroom Posted January 24, 2012 Indeed, in the article it mentioned that Venky's refused to comment did it not? Assumedly they'd been given a copy of the article in order to respond should they wish to. Interesting that they opted to remain silent.
John Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Indeed, in the article it mentioned that Venky's refused to comment did it not? Assumedly they'd been given a copy of the article in order to respond should they wish to. Interesting that they opted to remain silent. Don't think, apart from an Indian interview when they said we have been unlucky, the Rao family have spoken since mid November. Wonder if they speak to each other or perhaps just go by sign language.
ABBEY Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 Well if they really have not seen or heard over the protests then that shows what poor and arrogant scum we have in charge!!!! Something like the protests should be a gimme that they know!! So it goes to kean again then lying to them!
EwoodDawn Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 If they haven't seen or heard about the protests, people like Paul Hunt and Vinny ought to be sacked. But we all know that what should happen and what actually does are very different in Venkys land.
PAFELL Posted January 24, 2012 Posted January 24, 2012 The way MG Road phrased it I thought they were given an advance copy and asked to approve or disapprove of its content ( presumably the article would have been pulled if they did not like it). Maybe I'm misreading what he / she is saying. Cannot see venkys being asked if thy liked the article before it went to print. After all there is nothing in that article for them to like. I believe thrt would have had a call from the newspaper, telling them they will be writing the article and what it was about. Then invited to respond. Which they declined. Their silence in my view confirms the incompetence of venkys.
ABBEY Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 Mg on the 7 jan you said protests are not working yesterday you say they don't know about them.... Mmmm
Majiball Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 The way MG Road phrased it I thought they were given an advance copy and asked to approve or disapprove of its content ( presumably the article would have been pulled if they did not like it). Maybe I'm misreading what he / she is saying. Surely it's more a case of this is what we're printing, have fun reading it early. I doubt even the chicken overlords have the power to influence the economic times of India as surely it's more powerful than a company that flogs eggs.
Guest Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 I can only guess as to how they read it early. But most likely it was just one last attempt by the newspaper to get a comment. I asked around today. The family aren't happy about the article, but that's about it. It's been while since any newspaper said anything positive about their ownership so I'm guessing that as far as they're concerned it's nothing new.
ABBEY Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 JH C!!! Been a while since anything positive written !!! WHAT have they done that's ever been positive?????? What about my earlier post as well .. One day you say the protests won't work another day you say they don't know about them. No wonder the lying deluded one fits in.
Captain Dunsel Posted January 25, 2012 Posted January 25, 2012 JH C!!! Been a while since anything positive written !!! WHAT have they done that's ever been positive?????? What about my earlier post as well .. One day you say the protests won't work another day you say they don't know about them. No wonder the lying deluded one fits in. I think he's TALKING about two different things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH it burns!!! He CLAIMS the previous protests have not had any effect on the family!!!!!!! But regarding the 24 hour protest, which he was specifically ASKED about, he's not SURE if the family is even aware of IT!!! Hopefully this has CLEARED up your confusion?!?!?!?!?!???!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.