BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I'm in the cautious camp, Stuart is bob on, the first mark of differing intent would have been to rid us of the incompetent one. Instead we get someone who is willing to listen, say nice things, but in fact nothing has changed for the better. Sack Kean, and I will start to believe.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be fooled, Glen.

I'm convinced that Singh has taken Agnew's role as PR (even if not in title). As far as I am concerned he is just saying the right things in whatever forum he is put in front of.

Actions speak louder than words.

The only small step so far has been the signing of Murphy. But it's a VERY small step.

As long as they continue to support and protect Kean it's all meaningless. We've had so many "Kean will be sacked if...", followed by him winning the odd point here and there to "change Desai's mind". This latest "clean slate" is the biggest load of BS to date. It basically means his record, BS and lies of the last 18 months, and even his conviction and comments about Allardyce, are expunged and can never be referred to again. I imagine, he'll get another clean slate on New Years Day and another one if we are relegated again.

They appear to sack anyone who causes them public embarrassment (Hunt) - or who can take the fall for Kean (Jensen) yet their biggest embarrassment still hangs around like a cloud over a cesspit.

Nothing Singh says, however sincere or funny or empathetic, makes any difference whatsoever. Until he utters the only words supporters want to hear he's just a mouthpiece for Venkys.

Don't be fooled, Glen.

I'm convinced that Singh has taken Agnew's role as PR (even if not in title). As far as I am concerned he is just saying the right things in whatever forum he is put in front of.

Actions speak louder than words.

The only small step so far has been the signing of Murphy. But it's a VERY small step.

As long as they continue to support and protect Kean it's all meaningless. We've had so many "Kean will be sacked if...", followed by him winning the odd point here and there to "change Desai's mind". This latest "clean slate" is the biggest load of BS to date. It basically means his record, BS and lies of the last 18 months, and even his conviction and comments about Allardyce, are expunged and can never be referred to again. I imagine, he'll get another clean slate on New Years Day and another one if we are relegated again.

They appear to sack anyone who causes them public embarrassment (Hunt) - or who can take the fall for Kean (Jensen) yet their biggest embarrassment still hangs around like a cloud over a cesspit.

Nothing Singh says, however sincere or funny or empathetic, makes any difference whatsoever. Until he utters the only words supporters want to hear he's just a mouthpiece for Venkys.

Have no fear, As a committee we are not easily fooled, My post was purely on Shebby's character, and not his ability to enforce change or make that positive impact. Nothing has changed on this front, and we are still heavily focused on the job in hand.

It helps that he is easy to speak to , but nothing more until decisive action is taken

At the moment I view on actions - at the moment we have purchased Murphy - and have more than a couple of reasonable players lined up.

Next is seeing how many leave - I think we all expect a number to leave - it is all a question of how many.

IMO we have taken baby steps forward - after 18 months of going backwards. Is it a new dawn - no, as I don't think the healing process can start until Kean is sacked and a reasonable manager brought in.

At the moment I view on actions - at the moment we have purchased Murphy - and have more than a couple of reasonable players lined up.

Next is seeing how many leave - I think we all expect a number to leave - it is all a question of how many.

IMO we have taken baby steps forward - after 18 months of going backwards. Is it a new dawn - no, as I don't think the healing process can start until Kean is sacked and a reasonable manager brought in.

I second this

Actions speak louder than words, people can talk and meet all they want but it doesn't change the fact Kean is still our manager and our owners are a joke.

Actions speak louder than words, people can talk and meet all they want but it doesn't change the fact Kean is still our manager and our owners are a joke.

and this

Well you've met him Glen and I haven't but there is a risk that this is the visit to Pune all over again.

They welcome you, they nod sagely at the points you make(without ever committing themselves to anything other than a future meeting), you take to them, you feel they've really listened and you feel optimistic about the next meeting.

Then? NOTHING!

Hope I 'm wrong but that's what Venkys have conditioned me to expect. The clue is in the LT answer he gave to a question about

Kean--------"I'm looking forward not back" as if mistakes of the past can't be corrected!!! If its a tricky point it will be evaded.

Sorry if I can't join in the optimism but, for them, you are the enemy and I strongly suspect it's important to them that you are neutralized. You may even get a job offer out of it. Beware!

PS----just seen Stuart's excellent post above which must have come in while I was typing. Sorry to appear repetitive.

Well you've met him Glen and I haven't but there is a risk that this is the visit to Pune all over again.

They welcome you, they nod sagely at the points you make(without ever committing themselves to anything other than a future meeting), you take to them, you feel they've really listened and you feel optimistic about the next meeting.

Then? NOTHING!

Hope I 'm wrong but that's what Venkys have conditioned me to expect. The clue is in the LT answer he gave to a question about

Kean--------"I'm looking forward not back" as if mistakes of the past can't be corrected!!! If its a tricky point it will be evaded.

Sorry if I can't join in the optimism but, for them, you are the enemy and I strongly suspect it's important to them that you are neutralized. You may even get a job offer out of it. Beware!

PS----just seen Stuart's excellent post above which must have come in while I was typing. Sorry to appear repetitive.

You are quite right to be no more optimistic as you was prior to Shebbys appointment, Nothing has changed in terms of where we are at form where we started when Venkys arrived. The only step made is communication has been opened with one of the new people to take office at Ewood

I found Shebby quite a likeable guy tbh, He is very approachable, very humourous and was very keen to listen to supporters opinions on all things rovers. The meeting we had was an introductory meeting and by no means was we roped in by a charm offensive. We will be meeting again in a couple of weeks when the real work will begin in terms of questions which not only need to be answered but need direct action.

One of the lines I used was "If Ronaldo or Messi walked through the door today it would not repair the damage which has been done,". The meeting with Shebby was a small step, but much larger steps will be needed. Our relegation and the way our club has been dismantled in the last 18 months is near unforgiveable. We made no bones about this in an initial meeting which lasted just under an hour due to the Danny Murphy press conference.

From a personal point of view, I attended the meeting open minded with Shebby, and remain so. The merits of this line of communication are far too early to suggest anything bar communication has been opened,

Glen, I know you've given us a flavour of your meeting with Shebby Singh but only you who were there know the details. But it strikes me there seems to be a few contradictions between that dnaindia article referred to above and what was said to you. When you meet him next it might be interesting to hear his views on why this might be.

Problem is that the Rao family are continuing to make poor decisions - the appointments of Agnew, Shaw and still having Kean in charge shows things are actually getting worse. Not sure Shebby can change all of this through his generic bull through the media.

Might be a nice guy who can handle the media well with soundbites etc however think him (and Venkys) are missing the point.

Shebby looks like a Venky's accident waiting to happen, are journalists not allowed to ask follow up questions to Rovers staff? In that DNA India article...

"I prefer looking forward as living in the past can sap your energy. You must learn from the past and move forward"

If you learn from the past surely a change of manager is essential before this new season starts? In my world a "Fresh Start" is getting rid of everything and starting again, not leaving one of the biggest reasons for failure in position. Of course this is if (Big IF) he has any power whatsoever.

Glen, I know you've given us a flavour of your meeting with Shebby Singh but only you who were there know the details. But it strikes me there seems to be a few contradictions between that dnaindia article referred to above and what was said to you. When you meet him next it might be interesting to hear his views on why this might be.

Hi Neil, It was just an introductory meeting and not the one to put meat on the bones, the meeting delayed the press conference by some half hour as it went on a little longer than Shebby had planned.

We gave him a flavour of people's general feelings, but no more as it was agreed by both parties that an in depth meeting would be needed as soon as possible for the real questions to be asked

Hi Neil, It was just an introductory meeting and not the one to put meat on the bones, the meeting delayed the press conference by some half hour as it went on a little longer than Shebby had planned.

We gave him a flavour of people's general feelings, but no more as it was agreed by both parties that an in depth meeting would be needed as soon as possible for the real questions to be asked

From the meeting could you gauge if he actually has power to make changes or is it more a case that he will have to go back to the owners?

From the meeting could you gauge if he actually has power to make changes or is it more a case that he will have to go back to the owners?

He said look at him as if he was the owners, as he had that level of influence, although we was precise in stating that it would take more than a conversation from him, and it would ultimately need a full conversation from the owners themselves

He said look at him as if he was the owners, as he had that level of influence, although we was precise in stating that it would take more than a conversation from him, and it would ultimately need a full conversation from the owners themselves

I do already. He's an idiot.

Glen - was SS interested in finding out what exactly you and the group have discussed with the PL/FA/Sports Minister? Did you give away the depth of the dossier?

Glen - was SS interested in finding out what exactly you and the group have discussed with the PL/FA/Sports Minister? Did you give away the depth of the dossier?

It was not discussed

I found Shebby quite a likeable guy tbh, He is very approachable, very humourous and was very keen to listen to supporters opinions on all things rovers. The meeting we had was an introductory meeting and by no means was we roped in by a charm offensive. We will be meeting again in a couple of weeks when the real work will begin in terms of questions which not only need to be answered but need direct action.

One of the lines I used was "If Ronaldo or Messi walked through the door today it would not repair the damage which has been done,". The meeting with Shebby was a small step, but much larger steps will be needed. Our relegation and the way our club has been dismantled in the last 18 months is near unforgiveable. We made no bones about this in an initial meeting which lasted just under an hour due to the Danny Murphy press conference.

From a personal point of view, I attended the meeting open minded with Shebby, and remain so. The merits of this line of communication are far too early to suggest anything bar communication has been opened,

Glen, Please at your next meeting with Shabby can you give him this message from myself.

Steve Kean is personally responsible for my decision to not renew my season ticket. It is either me or Kean. Please make your choice although it looks like you have done so already.

Kind Regards.

Glen, Please at your next meeting with Shabby can you give him this message from myself.

Steve Kean is personally responsible for my decision to not renew my season ticket. It is either me or Kean. Please make your choice although it looks like you have done so already.

Kinf Regards.

Shabby might pull you up on your spelling mate ;)

Kind Regards.

I think you could pass that message on from the majority of people who have not renewed., We don't really feel that it will be the club we know and love with Venkys owning it, but many of us would be prepared to give them a chance to make a go of it if Kean were to leave. It is Kean who is the major stumbling block to renewal. And if they hurry up and get rid, a lot will renew immediately. However, if they get rid of him just after the new deadline and expect us to pay the new prices and we feel it's been a deliberate ploy to keep him until just after the deadline, then they will not pull in as much revenue as if he goes before because we don't like being manipulated.

I think you could pass that message on from the majority of people who have not renewed., We don't really feel that it will be the club we know and love with Venkys owning it, but many of us would be prepared to give them a chance to make a go of it if Kean were to leave. It is Kean who is the major stumbling block to renewal. And if they hurry up and get rid, a lot will renew immediately. However, if they get rid of him just after the new deadline and expect us to pay the new prices and we feel it's been a deliberate ploy to keep him until just after the deadline, then they will not pull in as much revenue as if he goes before because we don't like being manipulated.

So Kean has to be sacked in the right way and the right time?

Just renew already, you know you want to! ;)

You can sit next to me and my lad in the Riverside, there'll be plenty of room.

So Kean has to be sacked in the right way and the right time?

Just renew already, you know you want to! ;)

You can sit next to me and my lad in the Riverside, there'll be plenty of room.

No I'll probably renew if he goes anyway, but i just feel that there will be quite a few who would see a sacking just after the deadline as yet more cynical manipulation by someone. I also think that the longer he stays the more determined some will become not to renew at all. I don't want him in charge at the start of the season although it very much looks like he will be, because that will upset the whole of the season as preseason is seen as so important by most who know anything about fitness levels and so on. I really don't want to renew if nothing changes other wise i would feel like i'd given in and all we'd said this last year and more was for nothing. I won't be there at the start of the season anyway as the season starts in the summer hols and being a bone idle teacher I'll be off enjoying my 6 weeks.

Problem is that the Rao family are continuing to make poor decisions - the appointments of Agnew, Shaw and still having Kean in charge shows things are actually getting worse. Not sure Shebby can change all of this through his generic bull through the media.

Might be a nice guy who can handle the media well with soundbites etc however think him (and Venkys) are missing the point.

100% correct.

It's obvious Venkys don't like bad news, so are surrounding themselves with people who tell them everything is fine. Anyone who says otherwise is removed ASAP.

100% correct.

It's obvious Venkys don't like bad news, so are surrounding themselves with people who tell them everything is fine. Anyone who says otherwise is removed ASAP.

But these are supposedly business people, first they were 'naive', now they 'don't like bad news', arent they trying to play us for fools?

"Pat them on the head invite them in for a coffee and a chat they'll eat out of your hands. Better still a public meeting but you have the mic, they don't, it's like taking candy off a baby."

Verbatim words of a certain PR company owner I used to work for who was discussing how to quell the uppity dissenters at one of two Lancashire football league teams he's now worked for

But I think we have to take Shebby at face value (for now). At the end of the day, one of the major complaints has been a lack of communication, whether you like or trust the guy - this has to an extent been sorted. Now to put those words into action - to be honest they have done this so far - the transfer window and our business has so far been in marked contrast to previous ones under the Venky's.

1. Things haven't gone ideally before but now whether you think shebby is incompetent or not, in terms of communication with the fans and public things have improved drastically compared to before

that being said now they need to go out and win matches that's what will bring everyone back...

We have been fed nothing but nonsense from brother 1, brother 2, Steve Kean and now Shebby Singh for 18 months, nothing has improved in terms of 'communication'.

Sacking Steve Kean will bring people back, it's that simple.

Archived