BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

In the brfcs forum world, he might be attracting negative comments, but I suspect in the rest of blackburn supporter society, it's going down quite well.

Really not sure about this, last time I was in the club shop in town there was an argument with someone infuriated season tickets weren't on sale (they even wanted to buy one). The club has scored numerous own goals throughout the summer and from my experience of walking around the town I feel we'll be seeing discontent from Match 1 next season. Yes they are bringing in players, but just reading through the LT comments when I read news of these signings and within hours of a story being published it has become "Kean Warfare". I am not a protester, I'm not even a long time poster but I know that Steve Kean will have a massive impact on my outlook towards the football club. Shebby Singh if he has any power at all must know this and has to act to avoid this situation or he will be experiencing it in a few weeks time.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine Shebby Singh has any real power at all. The people who have the power are sat in Pune and they still don't get it. It shouldn't need Singh to spell anything out to them. They know the fans views well enough.

In the brfcs forum world, he might be attracting negative comments, but I suspect in the rest of blackburn supporter society, it's going down quite well.

Ive no idea where you live ,but have you talked to people in town? Gum yo must know same folk as me because everyone I talk to is not fooled.. And off topic that photo of bellend smiling like hed signed messi made me feel so angry . How does he have the gall to smile like hes the big I am .ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Catering contract is up for renewal I think. Can't imagine anybody would want to bid much for the privilige with such little interest in any form of corporate hospitality. If anyone bid anything more than what would have been considered a pittance when we were in the Prem they'd be crackers. The Venkeys suicidally inept tenure has ensured that the contract is worth the square root of sweet FA.

Been a Rovers fan since the 1950s and I want us to lose the first 5 games of next season.

I don't care if some people think that makes me not a real fan.

Can't even begin to contemplate what it will feel like if we win one or two games and Kean tells us what a fantastic manager he is and we're making great progress. Our owners then give him another extended contract and Blackburn Rovers sinks further into the mire..

After what he and Venkys have done and said I will never accept them.,Anyone who thinks we should now be positive and we've turned a corner is deluded. Sorry.

Catering contract is up for renewal I think. Can't imagine anybody would want to bid much for the privilige with such little interest in any form of corporate hospitality. If anyone bid anything more than what would have been considered a pittance when we were in the Prem they'd be crackers. The Venkeys suicidally inept tenure has ensured that the contract is worth the square root of sweet FA.

Indeed gord. Reading between the lines of what Agnew said about needing to 'win back the business fan', it's fairly obvious that the corporate sales and contracts has fallen off a cliff.

But I'm sure the two stalwarts of the Preston business scene will find us something. There's a perfectly acceptable butty van that stops in my work carpark, maybe I should send them Degsy's way?

Been a Rovers fan since the 1950s and I want us to lose the first 5 games of next season.

I don't care if some people think that makes me not a real fan.

Can't even begin to contemplate what it will feel like if we win one or two games and Kean tells us what a fantastic manager he is and we're making great progress. Our owners then give him another extended contract and Blackburn Rovers sinks further into the mire..

After what he and Venkys have done and said I will never accept them.,Anyone who thinks we should now be positive and we've turned a corner is deluded. Sorry.

thing is tho if we did lose the first 5 numb nuts won't be potted.

thing is tho if we did lose the first 5 numb nuts won't be potted.

im not so sure - with Shabby it does appear theres been a bit of a power shift, I actually think and truely hope that if we do have a bad start then numb nuts (i like this description of him been using baldie as i simply cant say his name) will get his cards. Theres no doubt Shabby doesnt rate numb nuts and I suspect Venkys would be terrified of the club being stuck in the championship and seeing the Premiership money end and the clubs resale value gone. What really worries me though is if numb nuts some how gets an ok start because then they might stick with him and we all know over the whole season he wont get us back up. If we have a bad start they get rid of him and we get a good manager in and there would still be plenty of time to get us up.

im not so sure - with Shabby it does appear theres been a bit of a power shift, I actually think and truely hope that if we do have a bad start then numb nuts (i like this description of him been using baldie as i simply cant say his name) will get his cards. Theres no doubt Shabby doesnt rate numb nuts and I suspect Venkys would be terrified of the club being stuck in the championship and seeing the Premiership money end and the clubs resale value gone. What really worries me though is if numb nuts some how gets an ok start because then they might stick with him and we all know over the whole season he wont get us back up. If we have a bad start they get rid of him and we get a good manager in and there would still be plenty of time to get us up.

Yep. It's the un-askable question. Do you want us to get hammered at Ipswich?

If I honesty believed 0/1 point from the first 3 games would get Kean sacked then the answer would be yes. As I believe that he won't / can't get sacked no matter what, then another relegation would be another huge disaster for the club then no.

I guess the question here is whether there actually has been a power shift. Ie, are there two distinct camps kean/agnew + co vs shebby/distant owners or is shebby just giving that impression.

Either way I cant see kean being sacked. He is still here for non footballing reasons and so I don't see how anything going on on the pitch can affect his position. Unless the dynamics behind the scenes change drastically here's here for the long run.

I can see it all developing now:

ITKer: 'I'm hearing we don't get at least two wins out of the first 4 games, he's out'...

No wins out of 4,

ITKer: 'Desai is on the verge of sacking him, if we lost against Watford he's out'.

We lose against Watford

Kean: 'I'm under no pressure'

And round and round we go...

I dont think shebby has any real power. If he had the power to sack kean, he would have done it by now. And, now, theres talk of hendry coming in as defensive coach. Its clearly kean and agnew running the show. But why? I refuse to believe that kean is still manager because of footballing reasons. With each passing day, i am inclined to think venkys have no real power and are just a public face. If they are the real owners, they would have sacked kean by now. Every time an ITK has been forced to share the 'real' reason why kean isnt sacked, they say venkys find it expensive to pay him off. I ask, how much should he be paid off? I remember him signing a contract which made him cheaper to sack. Can anyone give me any figure as to how much it would cost the club to sack kean? And, how long does the shitface's contract run? I could not get any information regarding his length of contract as well. I thought the payoff amount reduces as the contract expiry date approaches? Surely it is cheaper to sack him now than last year? Kean is such a devious snake. By bringing in shaw, agnew, and hendry, he is making the whole process more expensive. So, if venkys want to get rid, they would have to pay off kean, agnew, shaw and hendry. They'll look at the cost involved and bugger off. I think, or want to think, that kean has some sort of dirt on the venkys and they are unable to remove him. He must be blackmailing the venkys into submission. There really isnt any other logical reason to keep hold of the schizophrenic b*stard.

Anyone seen his interview regarding the Gomez signing, this clowns talking about the role he'll play "Withdrawn striker"

God help us, I wonder who'll be picking the team next season?

Anyone seen his interview regarding the Gomez signing, this clowns talking about the role he'll play "Withdrawn striker"

God help us, I wonder who'll be picking the team next season?

I know it is a strange concept - but maybe before buying he discussed the signing with Kean and asked how he would be used in the team ? Why automatically assume that he is meddling in team affairs ?

I know it is a strange concept - but maybe before buying he discussed the signing with Kean and asked how he would be used in the team ? Why automatically assume that he is meddling in team affairs ?

Do you believe its his role to be questioning the signing of players? And if indeed the conversation was had, its not his place to tell the media where the lads going play surely? then again it does undermine Kean so maybe not a bad thing after all.

It’s a circus DMTP, simple as that.

Maybe Gav he means like Nelsen, Salgado, Vukcevic- all withdrawn from the playing staff!

Give it time, riverside, give it time :tu:

I dont think shebby has any real power. If he had the power to sack kean, he would have done it by now. And, now, theres talk of hendry coming in as defensive coach. Its clearly kean and agnew running the show. But why? I refuse to believe that kean is still manager because of footballing reasons. With each passing day, i am inclined to think venkys have no real power and are just a public face. If they are the real owners, they would have sacked kean by now. Every time an ITK has been forced to share the 'real' reason why kean isnt sacked, they say venkys find it expensive to pay him off. I ask, how much should he be paid off? I remember him signing a contract which made him cheaper to sack. Can anyone give me any figure as to how much it would cost the club to sack kean? And, how long does the shitface's contract run? I could not get any information regarding his length of contract as well. I thought the payoff amount reduces as the contract expiry date approaches? Surely it is cheaper to sack him now than last year? Kean is such a devious snake. By bringing in shaw, agnew, and hendry, he is making the whole process more expensive. So, if venkys want to get rid, they would have to pay off kean, agnew, shaw and hendry. They'll look at the cost involved and bugger off. I think, or want to think, that kean has some sort of dirt on the venkys and they are unable to remove him. He must be blackmailing the venkys into submission. There really isnt any other logical reason to keep hold of the schizophrenic b*stard.

Unless she is who is not to be argued with believed all of his crap, god knows what she has been told by him, he could quite easily have spun things like "i didnt have enough say over who we signed etc" and she has now given him more influence on who is signed but Shebby is now looking at how everything is run more closely and if he doesnt perform then hes gone. That is the only ray of hope I have. Otherwise Shebbys appoint doesnt make any sense. If numb nuts has complete control and power over her then surely Shebby wouldnt have been appointed. I stil believe the simplest explanation is that numb nuts managed to get so close to her and managed to manipluate the whole situation. He managed to place himself as the main influence, but over time Shebby has also managed to get her ear and is now challenging numb nuts influence.

Of course this is all guess work.

Do you believe its his role to be questioning the signing of players? And if indeed the conversation was had, its not his place to tell the media where the lads going play surely? then again it does undermine Kean so maybe not a bad thing after all.

It’s a circus DMTP, simple as that.

Give it time, riverside, give it time :tu:

As Director of Football (if that is his latest title) - then yes I would expect him to talk to the manager about new recruits. As for telling the media where they intend playing him - can't see why it would be such a big deal - as it will become obvious in pre-season anyway.

Things at the club are grim I admit - but the general handling of this transfer window has been fairly good. We have managed to attract a reasonable level of talent for the Championship - the fans have been kept up to date - and they have delivered when they said they would. None of this "he is signing tomorrow" - only to then find out he is no longer signing.

I have no pre-conceived ideas about Shebby - and so far I think he has done a reasonable job - though it is very early days. And until he sorts out the "Kean problem" I understand that many will have a downer on him.

I have no pre-conceived ideas about Shebby - and so far I think he has done a reasonable job - though it is very early days. And until he sorts out the "Kean problem" I understand that many will have a downer on him.

Apart from talk, what's he done?

So if we're not going to sign anyone else after Silva, then we're on course for a record negative transfer spend!

Despite Kean saying "I don't have to sell to buy players" I would bet that we don't reinvest all money generated by player sales.

Venky's promised "£5m a transfer window" seems to be more like £5m a transfer window taken out the club.

At the end of the day we will only know what his role is and and how much influence he does have when Rovers find themselves in trouble due to the tactical ineptness of Kean. I get the impression Singh is pretty outspoken and would try and get Kean removed if Rovers are let's say are at the bottom at Christmas. When that happens will Kean finally get the axe or will Shebby jus get his P45?

I personally have the feeling Kean will last longer than Shebby this season, but we won't know for sure until we get to that inevitable point.

Archived