BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

With regards to Hendry coming in, club legend and all that but there's been some pretty murky rumours floating about regarding his financial dealings and drinking that have been discussed on this board before. Regardless of who is manager I'm not sure I fancy giving old Colin a job either.

He cant be for anything more than standing next to kean in the dugout when the heat is on....

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to Hendry coming in, club legend and all that but there's been some pretty murky rumours floating about regarding his financial dealings and drinking that have been discussed on this board before. Regardless of who is manager I'm not sure I fancy giving old Colin a job either.

He cant be for anything more than standing next to kean in the dugout when the heat is on....

Hendry is another gravy train scrote who will support Coco whatever to maintain his pay cheque.

Shabby Singh on the other hand is a two faced chancer who would never have got within 100 miles of Ewood under JW, that said none of the current regime would be employed by Jack Walker, they are all scumbag scrotes

Hendry was a guts and glory player.. sort of like Terry, Glen J or Butcher.. last ditch tackles after mistakes but weak reading of the game, leader on the pitch but not really the intelligence to intercept a half decent pass. Do not want him anywhere near the club given his dodgy background and love for Kean.

If hendry does join as defensive coach, it will be the last bit of evidence for me that Kean and the goons from SEM own the club and venkys are just a public face.

Depending on your perspective - it could be seen as a way of placating the fans by appointing a popular ex-player. Personally, even taking to one side "rumours" around his personal life, I am not certain he has what it takes to be a good defensive coach.

Hendry was a guts and glory player.. sort of like Terry, Glen J or Butcher.. last ditch tackles after mistakes but weak reading of the game, leader on the pitch but not really the intelligence to intercept a half decent pass. Do not want him anywhere near the club given his dodgy background and love for Kean.

Ouch. Can't agree with that. Hendry as a player was legendary both in his reading of the game and his last ditch tackles/sticking his head in front of a boot to stop the ball going in the net. I can't let his recent conduct interfere with my memories of the player he once was. One of the most immense central defenders I've ever seen.

Ouch. Can't agree with that. Hendry as a player was legendary both in his reading of the game and his last ditch tackles/sticking his head in front of a boot to stop the ball going in the net. I can't let his recent conduct interfere with my memories of the player he once was. One of the most immense central defenders I've ever seen.

And he bailed out on us twice. No thanks.

Hendry was a fantastic defender, both in his reading of the game, timing and bravery. Gutted when he left us in the gutter to go to Rangers, and it was made even worse when we wasted the majority of that money on Christian Dailly.

Let him coach Rangers in the amateur leagues.

So its his alleged recent conduct that is upsetting Rovers fans then? (I haven't seen any fans at his other former clubs badmouthing him either Rangers and certainly not Manchester City)

A couple of complete strangers Hendry had alleged negative dealings with should have zero effect on his image at Blackburn Rovers considering what he's done for the club. As I recall after Garry Flitcroft cheated on his wife the response to this was a chorus of "there's only one Garry Flitcroft." Family club values indeed...

The only reason for this contempt and hatred is because of Kean. It seems fairly obvious to me that he is looking out for the best interests of his son and this may be influencing any decision to take a role at the club.

Gallacher hasn't condemned Kean where's the criticism being aimed at him? What about that lump Dunn? Signed a new contract and taking his coaching badges with Kean. This is a guy who openly badmouths Rovers fans (guess it would be hypocritical of me to criticise anyone for that) and thinks he is the club. Ask people like Rufotron on twitter about this.

As for his transfer to Rangers. How much was it again? Over 5 million for a 30+ player who probably had his last good season in 97-98. It turned out to be tremendous business. Its not his fault replacements were a disaster and the club had ridiculous bad luck with injuries in 98-99.

The fact that Hendry gets abuse for this is laughable. Should he have got himself tapped up by Man United after less than 40 games? Apparently he got some abuse in the 80's too but when has their ever been bad blood between Rovers and City compared to Rovers/United in the 90's?

Oh and many Rovers fans were advocating him as Hodgson's successor back in 98. Making him defensive coach sounds sensible compared to entrusting him with the task of taking the premier league title back to Ewood (which was still very much an aim of Jack Walker's when he fired Hodgson)

So its his alleged recent conduct that is upsetting Rovers fans then? (I haven't seen any fans at his other former clubs badmouthing him either Rangers and certainly not Manchester City)

A couple of complete strangers Hendry had alleged negative dealings with should have zero effect on his image at Blackburn Rovers considering what he's done for the club. As I recall after Garry Flitcroft cheated on his wife the response to this was a chorus of "there's only one Garry Flitcroft." Family club values indeed...

The only reason for this contempt and hatred is because of Kean. It seems fairly obvious to me that he is looking out for the best interests of his son and this may be influencing any decision to take a role at the club.

Gallacher hasn't condemned Kean where's the criticism being aimed at him? What about that lump Dunn? Signed a new contract and taking his coaching badges with Kean. This is a guy who openly badmouths Rovers fans (guess it would be hypocritical of me to criticise anyone for that) and thinks he is the club. Ask people like Rufotron on twitter about this.

As for his transfer to Rangers. How much was it again? Over 5 million for a 30+ player who probably had his last good season in 97-98. It turned out to be tremendous business. Its not his fault replacements were a disaster and the club had ridiculous bad luck with injuries in 98-99.

The fact that Hendry gets abuse for this is laughable. Should he have got himself tapped up by Man United after less than 40 games? Apparently he got some abuse in the 80's too but when has their ever been bad blood between Rovers and City compared to Rovers/United in the 90's?

Oh and many Rovers fans were advocating him as Hodgson's successor back in 98. Making him defensive coach sounds sensible compared to entrusting him with the task of taking the premier league title back to Ewood (which was still very much an aim of Jack Walker's when he fired Hodgson)

Hahahahaha and to what do we owe this immense pleasure? Bored of seeing your team win trophies are you? Of course not glory seekers never are.

You were never a Rovers fan....you aren't a real City fan, just ask City fans on Blue Moon hahaha....and if you don't support us anymore than why do you still look at Blackburn forums.....your unbelievably absurd reasons for stopping supporting us and going to City make no sense to anyone barring yourself and you are the most ridiculous person I have ever come across on the internet.....personally I'm glad you no longer support us as at least you don't embarrass the rest of us with your nonsensical ramblings on sites such as Bleacher Report.......glory seekers are bad and kill football.....ones who can't even admit they are, are the lowest of the low......I hate Man United so so much but I hope they win the League next season just because how much I know it will wind you up.

The only reason you hate Man United is because one day you made the choice to support Rovers over them and have regretted it ever since but it manifests itself as hatred towards them whereas really you would have liked nothing better to have chosen them and then you could have seen your team win trophies.

Shows how out of touch you are when you think Gallacher, Dunn, wilcox etc haven't been lambasted for supporting or at least not openly criticising Kean. Of course it's hendry's association with Kean that most taints him - anyone associated with him is automatically tainted in the eyes of Rovers fans. The fact that hendry has done other fairly reprehensible things allegedly just adds to it. Anyone who throws their hat in with Kean will be slated - Murphy and Best have already had some criticism without having kicked a ball for their overly enthusuastic support of Kean, and it's only because new recruits always say nice things about the manager that signs them initially that means that the criticism hasn't been stronger.

Hendry was a fantastic defender, both in his reading of the game, timing and bravery. Gutted when he left us in the gutter to go to Rangers, and it was made even worse when we wasted the majority of that money on Christian Dailly.

Let him coach Rangers in the amateur leagues.

Woy thought Gavin oopps Darren Peacock could replace Hendry and I may be mistaken but I was told confessed later that that single decision was the beginning of the end for him at BRFC.

btw Vinjay? 'MC' Whats that about? We all know what the 'C' stands for but what is 'M'? Is it Malicious? Moronic? Misguided? Mad?

Shows how out of touch you are when you think Gallacher, Dunn, wilcox etc haven't been lambasted for supporting or at least not openly criticising Kean. Of course it's hendry's association with Kean that most taints him - anyone associated with him is automatically tainted in the eyes of Rovers fans. The fact that hendry has done other fairly reprehensible things allegedly just adds to it. Anyone who throws their hat in with Kean will be slated - Murphy and Best have already had some criticism without having kicked a ball for their overly enthusuastic support of Kean, and it's only because new recruits always say nice things about the manager that signs them initially that means that the criticism hasn't been stronger.

This post sums up the nihilistic type of support currently displayed by some of the so called "fan" base. Strange coming from you gumboots. Now I'm a scientist, so don't need to get involved in the fairytales of religion, but I'm sure I remember from my dim and distant past the forgiving nature required to be a Christian. You you have told us many times on here that you are some sort of lay-preacher ... so tell me ... how do you reconcile the message you convey in this post with your real life persona?

Maybe it's time to change clubs .... again. Perhaps Boro will have you back!

This post sums up the nihilistic type of support currently displayed by some of the so called "fan" base. Strange coming from you gumboots. Now I'm a scientist, so don't need to get involved in the fairytales of religion, but I'm sure I remember from my dim and distant past the forgiving nature required to be a Christian. You you have told us many times on here that you are some sort of lay-preacher ... so tell me ... how do you reconcile the message you convey in this post with your real life persona?

Maybe it's time to change clubs .... again. Perhaps Boro will have you back!

Now wouldn't it be better asking yourself why 'fans' feel like this before going on one of your self satisfied rants?

Or does the answer not suit the divisive agenda that you and your pals in India/Ewood represent?

Now wouldn't it be better asking yourself why 'fans' feel like this before going on one of your self satisfied rants?

Or does the answer not suit the divisive agenda that you and your pals in India/Ewood represent?

Divisive? .... Here's a song for you LD

I'm Rovers till I die,

I'm Rovers till I die,

I know I am,

I'm sure I am,

I'm Rovers till I die ... er ... unless the owners are a little bit bizarre and the manager is hopeless.

Archived