Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Divisive? .... Here's a song for you LD

I'm Rovers till I die,

I'm Rovers till I die,

I know I am,

I'm sure I am,

I'm Rovers till I die ... er ... unless the owners are a little bit bizarre and the manager is hopeless.

Or maybe replace the end line with, 'if the regime is totally corrupt and I don't mind supporting it with my cash even though the 'club' bears no resemblance to what I grew up and fell in love with (unless maybe I get the odd freebie jolly)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe replace the end line with, 'if the regime is totally corrupt and I don't mind supporting it with my cash even though the 'club' bears no resemblance to what I grew up and fell in love with (unless maybe I get the odd freebie jolly)

Just admit it ... you just can't take relegation. To think I used to like you column in the LET ... when you where a Rovers fan.

Just admit it ... you just canft't take relegation. To think I used to like you column in the LET ... when you where a Rovers fan.

Never bothered me in 99.

Anyway, you're right, we need to fill the stadium next year, scream the boys to a heady 19th place finish and vindicate the Venky boys admirable faith in the manager.

Rovers 'til I die....

Never bothered me in 99.

Anyway, you're right, we need to fill the stadium next year, scream the boys to a heady 19th place finish and vindicate the Venky boys admirable faith in the manager.

Rovers 'til I die....

That's the spirit lad!

Just admit it ... you just can't take relegation. To think I used to like you column in the LET ... when you where a Rovers fan.

After the last 20 months you still really think that? You think this is all about relegation?

Or have you got another all expenses holiday coming up - paid for by your fellow fans?

WUM.

This post sums up the nihilistic type of support currently displayed by some of the so called "fan" base. Strange coming from you gumboots. Now I'm a scientist, so don't need to get involved in the fairytales of religion, but I'm sure I remember from my dim and distant past the forgiving nature required to be a Christian. You you have told us many times on here that you are some sort of lay-preacher ... so tell me ... how do you reconcile the message you convey in this post with your real life persona?

Maybe it's time to change clubs .... again. Perhaps Boro will have you back!

Yes i am a lay preacher and i have to admit that the way I feel about Kean doesn't lie comfortably with my beliefs, to the point where i have had long discussions with others of my faith about the issues. Even the Bible, however, makes recognition of your faults a precondition of full forgiveness. You can't be forgiven if you don't recognise your wrongdoing. On a personal level, I can't wish harm on Kean and much though I'd love to see him get a good thumping in one way, I know i don't really want it to happen. It's like the i could kill him comments you make about your kids when they annoy you - you couldn't and wouldn't if push came to shove. As for Middlesbrough - I was never a season ticket holder there. I grew up with them as my local team and went to watch them when i was younger because there were no other options then. None of my family were football fans - it was a place to go with your mates. I've not lived there for 40 years. I have, however, lived here for nearly 30, and when i could take up my interest in football again I chose to support the team my kids and husband supported. I had no particular feeling for Middlesbrough as it wasn't even my home town, and have supported Rovers throughout the last 20 or more years. No I wouldn't go back to Middlesbrough even if they won the league - it's not home, just a nostalgic place where i grew up. What i want is a clean (or as clean as is possible in football) Blackburn rovers free from the taint of Kean and preferably all others associated with this disastrous spell, that i can support woleheartedly on and off the field, in whatever division or league they play in.

Never bothered me in 99.

Rovers 'til I die....

Problem is - it would appear our owners aren't bothered either way.

The reality is - the longer we are in the Championship the less likely we are to get rid of our owners. They just wouldn't take the loss that selling the club at the moment would incur.

As somebody who hasn't renewed yet this year - I feel damned it I do - but also to an extent damned if I don't. I feel it is the only protest I have left against Kean and our owners - but like the protests last season feel that ultimately it will make little difference - and if anything have a negative impact on the club (even under our current owners - this is the last thing I want).

Yes i am a lay preacher and i have to admit that the way I feel about Kean doesn't lie comfortably with my beliefs, to the point where i have had long discussions with others of my faith about the issues. Even the Bible, however, makes recognition of your faults a precondition of full forgiveness. You can't be forgiven if you don't recognise your wrongdoing. On a personal level, I can't wish harm on Kean and much though I'd love to see him get a good thumping in one way, I know i don't really want it to happen. It's like the i could kill him comments you make about your kids when they annoy you - you couldn't and wouldn't if push came to shove. As for Middlesbrough - I was never a season ticket holder there. I grew up with them as my local team and went to watch them when i was younger because there were no other options then. None of my family were football fans - it was a place to go with your mates. I've not lived there for 40 years. I have, however, lived here for nearly 30, and when i could take up my interest in football again I chose to support the team my kids and husband supported. I had no particular feeling for Middlesbrough as it wasn't even my home town, and have supported Rovers throughout the last 20 or more years. No I wouldn't go back to Middlesbrough even if they won the league - it's not home, just a nostalgic place where i grew up. What i want is a clean (or as clean as is possible in football) Blackburn rovers free from the taint of Kean and preferably all others associated with this disastrous spell, that i can support woleheartedly on and off the field, in whatever division or league they play in.

Thanks for the reply gumboots ... but I think you have missed the point of my original email. It wasn't the Kean bashing I was getting at .... I could have picked from hundreds of posts if that was the case .... what irked me was the guilt by association you were implying. People who work with and have met him daring to say positive things about him are now being attacked. That cannot be right.

WUM.

Mission accomplished then ... because it certainly seems to have wound you up!

This post sums up the nihilistic type of support currently displayed by some of the so called "fan" base. Strange coming from you gumboots. Now I'm a scientist, so don't need to get involved in the fairytales of religion, but I'm sure I remember from my dim and distant past the forgiving nature required to be a Christian. You you have told us many times on here that you are some sort of lay-preacher ... so tell me ... how do you reconcile the message you convey in this post with your real life persona?

Scientist eh? Makes sense cos this post (3rd down the page http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/25500-blackburn-v-newcastle/page__st__460#entry1165681) showing that you are quite happy with five figure crowds of 'proper' like minded grovelling supporters tells me that you are no marketeer, no accountant and most definitely no businessman.

Also..... A a bit out of order crossing swords on religion with gumboots Neil. But if you insist, I'm sure that you are familiar with the treachery of Judas Iscariot and his all expenses paid trip to Pune 30 pieces of silver? If not then look it up.

Thanks for the reply gumboots ... but I think you have missed the point of my original email. It wasn't the Kean bashing I was getting at .... I could have picked from hundreds of posts if that was the case .... what irked me was the guilt by association you were implying. People who work with and have met him daring to say positive things about him are now being attacked. That cannot be right.

Sorry but I can't imagine anything positive to say about him. He's without doubt the most hated man in Blackburn and surrounding area, a proven incompetent, a backstabber extraordinaire and a serial liar to boot and I suspect there is much much more that I cannot say for legal reasons. What on earth can anybody find thats positive to apply to Steve (Billy Liar) Kean? That he's a dog lover maybe? :rock:

YOU REALLY ARE A WUM OF THE HIGHEST ORDER .THE LOON VINJAY AT LEAST HAS MORE OF A REAL VIEW OF THE BLUES THAN YOU .

Awww....below the belt there Sparky!!!!

SPOT ON ..HE MUST SIT WITH KLEENEX AT HIS BECK AND CALL..IGNORE HIM GUM HES GONE FLAMING CUCKOO.

KLEENEX FOR BRAVE MAN KLEENEX FOR BRAVE MAN

That's the spirit lad!

LAD? MORE PATRONISING

People are getting carried away regarding kean on a personal level, the reason I want to see the back of the raokeans is simple, their record to date.

I do not know or want to know them personally, I want owners and managers who care for the club similar to the fans and more importantly have the ability

along the lines of John Williams, Jack Walker to run our small town club professionally and get our share of results on and off the field.

Until then we will still support the team on the pitch from the stands because we are rovers fans through thick and thin and nobody is going to stop me from

turning up. The new signings must be positive, whether it works out with the comings and goings remains to be seen. COYB.

Mission accomplished then ... because it certainly seems to have wound you up!

What an moronic cretin you are.

I don't think they are being attacked but you are judged by the company you keep and always have been. Aesop's fable, The Stork and the Cranes, warns of the perils of associating with the wicked http://mythfolklore....a/perry/194.htm

If he existed Aesop was writing about 620 BC

Yes i am a lay preacher and i have to admit that the way I feel about Kean doesn't lie comfortably with my beliefs, to the point where i have had long discussions with others of my faith about the issues. Even the Bible, however, makes recognition of your faults a precondition of full forgiveness. You can't be forgiven if you don't recognize your wrongdoing.

On a personal level, I can't wish harm on Kean and much though I'd love to see him get a good thumping in one way, I know i don't really want it to happen. It's like the i could kill him comments you make about your kids when they annoy you - you couldn't and wouldn't if push came to shove. What i want is a clean (or as clean as is possible in football) Blackburn rovers free from the taint of Kean and preferably all others associated with this disastrous spell, that i can support wholeheartedly on and off the field, in whatever division or league they play in.

To quote/paraphrase my pastor, "Jesus asked you to love your neighbor. He never said you had to approve of them."

From a Christian perspective, I want Kean to wake up, recognize the errors of his ways, repent and make amends (resigning would be a good start) and otherwise work towards getting his act together, including accepting Jesus Christ as his lord and savior, to improve his chances of eventual and ultimate salvation. As a Rovers supporter, I want Kean and Agnew, and their buddies, out of the club with a competent management team appointed in their place. The two positions (Rovers-Christian) are not in conflict.

And expressing the opinion that Kean is a drink driving, lying, incompetent manager, and a malicious spiteful troll to boot, is not anti-Christian. What would be anti-Christian would be ignoring the truth of the situation, essentially bearing false witness. If fortune smiles, and we keep shining the light of truth on the mess at the club (i.e. Kean and Agnew, etc), maybe Shebby Singh will be able to boot Kean. Though I'm not confident that he has either the power or desire to do so; something reeks at the Rovers.

I think you write some sensible posts, Gumboots. Keep up the good work.

Isn't this supposed to be a Shebby Singh thread? How did it turn into this?

Since the guy lives in a country right up north of mine, and had his views published in a paper from my country, I guess I am entitled to my two cents of him......I guess? He might be a national Malaysian footballer, but that doesn't mean he's incompetent. Just because he doesn't play for a top international team doesn't mean he is incompetent in handling adminstrative affairs. That said, it also doesn't mean he will be an instant success, so I can't back him. But from what I do know of him, he might just be able to do a pretty fine job. However, no guarantees since I don't possess clairvoyance or divination powers.

A pretty fine job?

This is a man that has ZERO experience of running a football club. Pontificating about Steven Gerrard on Asian TV does not in any way, shape or form make you competent in handling the administrative affairs of a messedd up Championship club.

We used to have people running this club who were the BEST, but I suppose, considering we now have nomarks throughout the club, one more in Shebby won't make much difference.

Isn't this supposed to be a Shebby Singh thread? How did it turn into this?

Since the guy lives in a country right up north of mine, and had his views published in a paper from my country, I guess I am entitled to my two cents of him......I guess? He might be a national Malaysian footballer, but that doesn't mean he's incompetent. Just because he doesn't play for a top international team doesn't mean he is incompetent in handling adminstrative affairs. That said, it also doesn't mean he will be an instant success, so I can't back him. But from what I do know of him, he might just be able to do a pretty fine job. However, no guarantees since I don't possess clairvoyance or divination powers.

Be careful, sensible balanced posts are not always welcome on this MB!!

Archived