BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I'll give old Shebby some credit i think. He seems to have managed to speed up our recruitment process ten fold. It does make a refreshing change to see the bulk of our signings completed before pre-season starts. It gives them a fighting chance.

However, my BIG fear is this. The speed of recruitment is great, but (Murphy aside) i worry we might be recruiting the wrong players on the advice of the wrong man. And, i also fear that we are seemingly very efficient because we aren't getting good value for money.

I guess time will tell.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful, sensible balanced posts are not always welcome on this MB!!

Sensible and balanced? I read it as non-committal, fence-sitting but at least it's brought the thread back on track.

Shebby might be good but he might be bad. He might do well, he might not.

Mark my words.

Sensible and balanced? I read it as non-committal, fence-sitting but at least it's brought the thread back on track.

Shebby might be good but he might be bad. He might do well, he might not.

Mark my words.

I did offer the opinion that he might be able to do a fine job. He may not have experience, but he isn't a total idiot either, despite some of his outrageous pundit claims to the contrary (then again I've heard other pundits make worse observations - seems to be their job or a way to attract readers to read their columns). However, as I said, I do not possess powers of divination or clairvoyance so I will not gurantee that he will be a success. Guess that counts as being non-committal.

I did offer the opinion that he might be able to do a fine job. He may not have experience, but he isn't a total idiot either, despite some of his outrageous pundit claims to the contrary (then again I've heard other pundits make worse observations - seems to be their job or a way to attract readers to read their columns). However, as I said, I do not possess powers of divination or clairvoyance so I will not gurantee that he will be a success. Guess that counts as being non-committal.

We are talking of Venkys here, their employees are just different faces, unable to do the job as it should be done and follow the same crazy patterns of the last 18 months, anyone who dares to have an opinion which would benefit the Football Club, is shipped out, its mental, not working and the most incompetant of the lot, Kean, is there for the duration!! Rank bad ownership and management in my opinion>

We are talking of Venkys here, their employees are just different faces, unable to do the job as it should be done and follow the same crazy patterns of the last 18 months, anyone who dares to have an opinion which would benefit the Football Club, is shipped out, its mental, not working and the most incompetant of the lot, Kean, is there for the duration!! Rank bad ownership and management in my opinion>

Just giving an opinion of Shebby Singh personally, from what I know of him, rather than coloring my view with the fact that his employers are Venkys. You could be right and Singh might turn out to be another yes-man who is incompetent and mental, but that doesn't fit the mental picture I have of him from earlier days when I used to read about him.

Just giving an opinion of Shebby Singh personally, from what I know of him, rather than coloring my view with the fact that his employers are Venkys. You could be right and Singh might turn out to be another yes-man who is incompetent and mental, but that doesn't fit the mental picture I have of him from earlier days when I used to read about him.

All talk no action Shebby Singh seems like a man not to be trusted if he cant do the decent thing and free us from the incompetent not wanted one.

All talk no action Shebby Singh seems like a man not to be trusted if he cant do the decent thing and free us from the incompetent not wanted one.

Which pretty much sums it up. I don't think Shebby Singh is stupid. In fact, I think the exact opposite is true. As an intelligent man, he must know that Kean/Agnew are the cancers that need to be cut out if the fortunes of the club are to improve.

So if Shebby is truly "in charge", then his claims that he wants build up the Rovers and re-unite disillusioned fans with the club have absolutely no credibility while Kean/Agnew remain employed by the club.

If all the above is true, then one of two things must also be true: 1) Shebby is not truly in charge; or, 2) He doesn't give two hoots about the Rovers.

Shebby was involved with the Venkys and Rovers a long time before he was appointed Global Adviser so he knew what he was getting into.

Either he has now been given greater powers and is the eyes and ears of the Venkys (he said someting like that) and is a strategy by the Venkys to really sort things opt or its just a PR ploy to put a taliking head in front of the fans so we think that the Club are now communicating.

Since Shebby has been around Agnew has had a job title 'promotion' and Shaw has been given a job - so Shebby must be OK with those. Perhaps there are other I've missed. IMO they are Kean appointments.

We've had a bit of a rush on incoming transfers under Shebby. Murphy and Best have been given deals that they could not get elsewhere - and both have history with Kean. Murphy and Best have both said they came to Rovers because of Kean. I don't know about the Portugese, what terms they've got or who there agents are.

So the fans are led to believe we are a buying Club - early expensive incoming deals because Kean knows that the exodus with begin - some may stay but IMO only if their contracts are improved. The transfer strategy seems again to be controlled by Kean.

And Rovers are debt free. Amazing that Kean, Shebby, Black and probably the tea-lady if she's not already been sacked know this and have access to Rovers primary banking arrangents in ...oh yes......India. Lovely to note that Rovers are so transparent.

Sheby is a muppet puppet and would give Kermit the Frog a run for his money.

I'm not saying Shebby is an idiot - he's just comes across like that from his TV appearances and writings in the Press which living in Asia I've seen plenty of.

The fact that the signings that are coming in are Kean signings is actually a good thing. It means that the club is moving towards being run in the right way e.g. a manager deciding which players come in, rather than nefarious agents or 'advisors'. Presumably Singh can't get rid of Kean. That power rests with Mrs Desai. Therefore he has two choices: sabotage Kean (and thereby the whole football team) or support him until he can change Desai's mind. One of those options is the professional thing to do. One of them isn't.

Don't get me wrong, Kean is the wrong man to be manager, and I would be far, far happier if both Kean and Venky's were gone. But I have some sympathy with people who argue Singh hasn't made a bad start. He's clearly an improvement on the administration we've had so far, which has been exposed as a total farce on a practically daily basis.

KEANSCUM will again be found out within the first 4 games of this season, in fact it may well be in the friendly games.

Doesnt matter whether Shabby has power or not, there will be utter turmoil in the ground if KEANSCUM begins with a series of losses, no amount of bullshite will see hi survive another crowd onslaught if we are to believe that Singh is the eyes and ears of the owners.

How is he? What's he actually done?

And as for the 'support him till he changes Desai's mind'. Do me a favour!

In order to be better than the Raos as an admistrator, all he had to do was avoid making public statements contradicting himself within a week of getting the job. As for what else he's done, he's sped up our recruitment process considerably and he's opened lines of communication with the fans, including the BRFC action group. His willingness to communicate with his critics is a massive step forward from what we've had previously.

Doesn't mean that given the choice, I wouldn't boot him and the whole Venky's lot out of the club, of course. I'm still in favour of boycotting home games until Kean is fired.

He's had a chinwag with Glen and co whilst nodding sympathetically I'll give you that, but player recruitment? He's been sorting out the contracts for Best, Murphy, the Portugeese lads, has he?

I assumed so. Wasn't Agnew still on holiday when Murphy came in? And Shaw wasn't brought in yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

KEANSCUM will again be found out within the first 4 games of this season, in fact it may well be in the friendly games.

Doesnt matter whether Shabby has power or not, there will be utter turmoil in the ground if KEANSCUM begins with a series of losses, no amount of bullshite will see hi survive another crowd onslaught if we are to believe that Singh is the eyes and ears of the owners.

It would be the best thing in the long run if numb nuts loses preseason games and lose them badly .

The fact that the signings that are coming in are Kean signings is actually a good thing. It means that the club is moving towards being run in the right way e.g. a manager deciding which players come in, rather than nefarious agents or 'advisors'. Presumably Singh can't get rid of Kean. That power rests with Mrs Desai. Therefore he has two choices: sabotage Kean (and thereby the whole football team) or support him until he can change Desai's mind. One of those options is the professional thing to do. One of them isn't.

Don't get me wrong, Kean is the wrong man to be manager, and I would be far, far happier if both Kean and Venky's were gone. But I have some sympathy with people who argue Singh hasn't made a bad start. He's clearly an improvement on the administration we've had so far, which has been exposed as a total farce on a practically daily basis.

i wouldn't trust numb nuts to get me signings on FIFA

Just shows how far we have fallen when individuals like Singh, Shaw and Agnew are part of the 'new improved structure' at the club.

I am hearing some decent things about Singh though, apart from him changing track over Kean, it does appear as though he is well liked!!

Shebby must now realize the strength of feeling against Kean. Somehow he has to persuade Desai to bin him as the chances of success on the pitch are severely weakened, not just because Kean's crap, but also because the Club remains at war with it's supporters as long as he remains. It's simply no way to go into a season.

I am hearing some decent things about Singh though, apart from him changing track over Kean, it does appear as though he is well liked!!

I will be convinced when I see logical actions, not words, especially under this appalling ownership.

Well Shabby has come in done all the rounds said all the right things. A nice personable guy who will get on with everyone.

I used to have a boss like that, but as a manager he was an absolute to55er. He was a good networker and spent all his time networking making contacts. So everyone thought he was a great guy. But when it came to producing the goods he did not deliver. He got a promotion to a director in a major national company. Lasted just over 12 months before they worked out he was a full of bull and got rid of him.

Communication has obviously been highlighted as problem area (one of the many) - however the very fact that we have Agnew, along with Kean, making comments in the media is just wrong. Both know how to wind the fans up with plain stupid comments.

Singh may talk a good game but words mean nothing to me.

Plus which other clubs would appoint any of these 3 individuals?

Archived