BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I agree with DMTP on no harm in having trialists, I just have no confidence anyone with any power at Ewood knows a footballer, or hasn't a vested interest in signing players not up to it.

Did we not get Nzonzi from the french second division - Samba was only a reserve team player - Nelsen had trials with a number of clubs in the UK who turned him down.

I agree the french third division - and the players age - almost definitely make it a step too far. But the general approach of spreading the net has unearthed the odd gem in the past. The key thing is not to rely on players like this.

Are you seriously equating a Malaysian amateur who plays French non-league and has made no impact in ten years with Nzonzi, Samba and Nelsen. They all had some track record in established leagues, this guy is a nomark in a nomark league being pushed by a malaysian spiv....is this really how far we have fallen?

Did we not get Nzonzi from the french second division - Samba was only a reserve team player - Nelsen had trials with a number of clubs in the UK who turned him down.

I agree the french third division - and the players age - almost definitely make it a step too far. But the general approach of spreading the net has unearthed the odd gem in the past. The key thing is not to rely on players like this.

N'Zonzi was only a kid when we picked him up, this guy is 24.

"Spreading the net has unearthed the odd gem in the past" is no defense. If it is then why not just go scouting the local pub teams, primary schools, kids kicking a football around in back alleys?

http://www.lancashir...an_gets_chance/

just read the above its like getting a player from Mill Hill St peters WTF is Singh smoking as well ? can't believe how far we have fallen

KEAN OUT/AGNEW OUT/VENKYS OUT/SHAW OUT/SINGH OUT

I'm very tempted to say that you aint seen nothing yet Athlete. If ever there was an example of 'Pay peanuts get monkeys' its our club. Just thinking of the quality on and off the pitch that we have booted out makes one want to weep. All so completely unecessary.

Remember, Paul Hunt was sacked for cost cutting reasons, add that one to the list of lies :-)

Really? Judging by the Slumdog Millionairess record since taking over it could just as easily have been for displaying honesty and integrity. Everybody else who has done that has been booted out. Honesty and integrity being two complete imposters in the corrupt mindset of the Indian shysters.

do the slumdogs really own all of BRFC cos IMO they don't someone else does , the slumdogs are business people in any business you wouldn't do what they have done or made the decisions they have so just who does call the shots ?

if you look down the road at Wigan Dave Whelan isn't well liked in the town due to his very ruthlessness in business ( how he treats his employees - especially as when he had JJB it was the one of the biggest employers in the town , etc , etc ) but he is very successfull in business...he runs his club on a shoestring avoids paying top wages unearths a gem most seasons ( flogging them on for a nice profit ) which keeps the club afloat along with sky money , etc....he has stated on more than one occassion the Blackburn set up is wrong and didn't look right from the offset......other people in business also think the BRFC set up stinks completely...

do the slumdogs really own all of BRFC cos IMO they don't someone else does , the slumdogs are business people in any business you wouldn't do what they have done or made the decisions they have so just who does call the shots ?

if you look down the road at Wigan Dave Whelan isn't well liked in the town due to his very ruthlessness in business ( how he treats his employees - especially as when he had JJB it was the one of the biggest employers in the town , etc , etc ) but he is very successfull in business...he runs his club on a shoestring avoids paying top wages unearths a gem most seasons ( flogging them on for a nice profit ) which keeps the club afloat along with sky money , etc....he has stated on more than one occassion the Blackburn set up is wrong and didn't look right from the offset......other people in business also think the BRFC set up stinks completely...

No evidence to prove this

the slumdogs are business people in any business you wouldn't do what they have done or made the decisions they have so just who does call the shots ?

Agreed. There is no logic to their decision making - there must be another influence.

I think the Dispatches programme (the one with Bryan Robson) illustrated how things can work out, or be thought about, when football agents are heavily involved – the key aspect is money and how can it be made out of any deals/a football club.

As they admitted themselves, the main priority in buying us (for Venky’s) is their company brand and promoting this via new markets.

It is clear, Kean has had a major role in the running of our club since Venky’s took over – top 10 finish and a cup he said in his drunk video, where did we hear that before, from one of the Raos during a rare communication from them (always bear in mind they know very little/nothing about football). They keep saying they are passionate about BRFC but how can you be when it is an industry you know very little about.

Regular visits to India, why? Easier to discuss strategy face to face.

Appointment of Agnew, who do we think had an input on that one? Those who know Agnew think the appointment/promotion was a very strange move.

Shebby – already involved with the Rao family therefore they trust him to keep in line and perhaps act as a new voice (as they don’t have one).

Reluctance, apart from the appointment of Karen Silk, to spend money on having adequate behind the scenes personnel – I mentioned above their public reason for firing Hunt was cost cutting but it is pretty obvious that is not the real reason.

Whole situation is a complete farce but the whole thing never really made any sense from day one.

I agree, it's ludicrous. It's be as if we signed a Great Harwood player and put him straight in the first team. Oh...

Cryer had it right tweeting that we should complain if he is signed, all sorts or doofuses get asked for trials for all sorts of reasons. Shebby is just playing to his Malaysian fanbase.

100% there is outside influence

The turnover of playing staff is a sure indication that agents have a vested interest in Rovers. How many players have come and gone since Venkys took over? And every time we sign a player or renew a players contract, the agent gets his commission.

No evidence to prove this

not as we know... what explanation can there possibly then for the majority of stuff whats gone on ??? anyone in the business as an outsider looking in says it looks strange to say the least

Well I've been quiet for a while because I can't believe what's going on and when I'm in disbelief it's usually because something is going wrong and about to pop - but it hasn't. I think that's where the Rao family are. Forget conspiracies now. This family are akin to the (self edited but think Banjo) without the hillbilly guile. Look at the way they do business;

- high employment model probably keeps more people in money in India than the DHSS here.

- previous experience of working with high quality consultants advising them on tecchie areas like vaccines and stuff.

- smooth business transfers

- apparently lovely trusting people when you meet them

These people trust and pay for the the best experts because it always worked for them.

Just imagine if Jed bought a football club.

And along comes a (hypothetical of course) English football agent and a nice consultancy company. 'Trust me, I'm an expert......'

'Och... and I'm a manager really, not a first team second coach....Hoillet will sign.....Olsen will sign.. Yak... (and on and on)'

'Wanna buys some shelv....err good ideas for making a football club work.

'It's just misscommunication....now I can help with that ma'am........'

And 'Look it's all wrong down here - now I'm underpaid but if you give me a lot more money I might just be able to help a bit..'

Thinking about it that way they'll put Jethro in - someone in they know and trust and is innocently honest. I would if I had just had the experience they had.

Here's hoping Shebby thinks that and goes home every night and fills in just a bit more of his Venky's Blackburn Rovers Sector Critical Report of Management Behaviour and How to Get Out of This Mess with Culprits Castrated Report in.

Maybe cousin Shebby is being laughed at all the way to some people's banks - while he writes it all down.

I wonder if there are things that have gone on that are actionable?

Expect blood soon. Lot's of it.

Or we're well stuffed.

You know it's not all rosy down the claret end of the m65 either but the Dingles don't seem to have spotted it yet. They love their board but they may be due for a big shock soon. At least we know something isn't right at Ewood and are doing something about it. I'm surprised they've not be questioning where their money's going a bit more. Anyone wondering if the next big derby will be our third string asiatic 11 v their u14's!

Archived