BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

@Hardly1980

Basically the FF has got very different people from very different backgrounds who associate with very different types of fans (I won't say "represent them") and we all manage to get along and focus on the common ground without seeing any one issue, viewpoint or agenda pushed too hard. Yes there are Rovers Fans, but there are also pro-protest people and boycotters. There are young lads from the Darwen ends and seniors from the Riverside. There are people that travel the world doing pre-seasons and reserve games and those I rarely see away. BDSA, BRST, BRFCS, Ewood Blues and RoversTalk are all represented (I'd love BRFC Action Group to be there too, but sadly they're not). Unfortunately people only tend to spot those on there with opposing views (and getting upset when people with differing opinions put that voice forward), not the ones who are actually fighting their corner.

That said, it was obvious from the meeting with Shebby, that even the happiest of the Rovers Fans didn't argue the the club can't be repaired until Kean has gone. So maybe we need to find somebody Pro-Kean to get on there. [bitchy sarcasm removed as it'll only cause grief]

Not surprisingly after all the interest that the Pune trip raised, (I believe) all the people on the waiting list have at least now joined or been offered that chance to (though I'll stand corrected if not) and we're back to nobody bar existing members attending pre-meets. So many people talk a big game, but generally can't actually be bothered to have their say when given the chance.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck on finding the pro-Kean fans Glenn. There may be some Rovers Fans around, but I doubt any of them would like to call themselves pro-Kean.

I don't think there is any doubt that the Rao's know exactly the fans view on Kean and themselves, the problem is more how they are choosing to deal with it. Let's not forget the easy option for them is/ was to replace Kean. The reason why they haven't is the real issue here....

Yesterdays meeting with Shebby, Which we will put full minutes out (will get some together after football league meeting later today )Was a massive step in the right direction.

Shebby's willingness to understand the real problems which sadly it appears never got back to Pune in any shape or form was a real eye opener. The treatment of supporters last season and various incidents we used as examples shocked Shebby.

Shebby is the top dog at Ewood and has the power to remove anyone he chooses, He explained that everyone at Ewood bar him are classed as BRFC Employees, and like anything all employee's can be removed. He explained he was tasked in accessing the damage, and getting the true picture and will act accordingly.

On Kean he has been asked to judge him from now, and make any decision needed once the season kicks off.

Every single person at Ewood must answer to Shebby, and that includes the recent appointments.

I'm not easily fooled, and what I can say is this guy is the real deal, I can see only good things coming from his appointment. There is quite a bit of news to give out from the meeting, but its better to put this in the minutes. You name it we have spoke about it, broke each element down into little pieces over the two meetings we have had so far. More meetings are planned as early as later this week.

Like everything we do, we always do things systematically with the thoughts of those who elected us always at the front of our minds. Our members opinions are pretty much unified amongst most of the rovers supporters. We have clear goals, and clear objectives. What I will say before the minutes are released is we got everything we asked for in this particular meeting and the aftermath will benefit ALL supporters.

Its been a long old slog the last 11 months, we have endured much critism, whilst we have also been given equally lots of support. We have never left the path or given up hope, We have been busier since the season finished than we was whilst the season was on-going which I never thought would of been possible. The quest for a well run club which we can all relate to once again has been a 7 day a week job for all the committee, with at times as many as 18 hours a day being put into it by anyone individual. Some people tend to focus on the protest, but what I would say is that only 5% of what we have ever done has been protest. Hence why we are the only recognised FSF supporters group , every supporter can join the FSF (Which I advise), but for a group to do so. You must pass a strict criteria including having a democratically elected committee etc.

We are proud that we have not only engaged with supporters here, but also worldwide as ALL supporters matter, and its not about which boxes you tick or dont, All supporters of Blackburn Rovers are equal and are as important as the next. Having branches in different countries is something we are proud of, and a big hats off to Graham and Andy from the committee who are the groups UK and oversea's liaison officers for the superb job they have done on this.

Having all the community figure heads from all religions publically backing the group, whilst some have become Patrons is a fantastic honour for the members who have stuck to their guns..

One thing the group always got flack for was for not attending every away game (The tick box culture). We hope we have now taken that away by organising away trips at affordable prices available to all, I know the Darwen Blues have taken the option up of usiing this service which is great and we welcome any other supporter group or individual who is not part of any group to also come along and use this service.

Our new membership will launch in the next couple of weeks which will have lots of benefits this season, including Membership card which will allow you, discounts at various outlets, Free match day parking, discounted away travel. Free monthly prize draws,Discounts at our online shop Events for Children. Unlimted excess to our webite,monthly news letters. Eligible to stand for committee whilst also eligible to vote. A lot of work has gone into putting this together and to be able to offer it as a free membership was the remit the committee had to work with.

We will be marketing this all over, and have secured a stand in the town centre which will also be used in the next couple of weeks, to give people an opportunity to learn a little more about the group.

We also fully support the Blackburn coalition which Sir Bill Taylor has put together, and have offered to help in any way we can so he can report to the supporter base under a collective voice of all the groups who attend of what actually happened during the meetings he holds. Its also good to see supporter groups coming together and showing a willingness to work together.

Finally I must add none of this would of been even remotely achievable without the support of so many people,

That includes people who have made donations to the group, some of which are BRFCS members,

Supporter websites like BRFCS, Blackburn Rovers -Mad, Vital Blackburn.

The group members

The people who give their time for free who were elected by its members

The Brown cow and Ewood Buttie shop plus other business's who have allowed us to advertise.

The Media who have kept rovers plight in the headlines and worked with us for months.

People who have given their time to attend open floor meetings.

People who have written letters of support for governing bodies

Paul who supplied the High Visability vest for the stewarding on protest.

Kamy who taught us how to write press releases, with some help from Wen

Glenn P, Ste B and Josh who have produced podcast to report news on the groups activites

The local council and MPS

What I, and others, want to know is where are the results? Telling us Shebby is a wonderful guy doesn't help; remember the flack the FF received after the Pune trip when to a man it was reported Balaji et al understood the issues and would act. The FF were subjected to massive criticism from all quarters because they returned believing, quite reasonably, what they had been told.

Some fans have openly supported the family on the MB and effectively been hounded off because of their, not unreasonable, belief in the Raos. If you meet someone and they appear genuine it's reasonable to believe them.

There is nothing, absolute nothing, to suggest Shebby Singh is deserving of any more trust than all those who have gone before him. For me by association he is tarred with the same brush as the people who own us. If the Raos really wanted to make progress this appointment would not have been made.

Words are cheap, football clubs are expensive. The Raos, via Singh, still have to prove themselves and there is no evidence to demonstrate they have listened to anyone.

John Williams knew the answer to any criticism lay on the pitch. Until the Raos and all those they employ understand this there will be no significant progress.

......and let's not forget Shabby has be connected with the Raos since August 2011. Made a lot of difference in the last 12 months?

I'll admit, i thought the appointment stunk. Another yes man to appease the distant owners. But if we accept they aren't going anywhere any time soon, then i'd sooner be hearing positives about the bloke. If Glen had come back with a scathing analysis of the man then we'd have even more to worry about. I'm not saying all is rosy at Ewood - far from it in fact. But the owners clearly value SS's opinion and i quite frankly if we're following his vision for the club then i'm certainly happier than following that of various unscruplous football agents. Singh might well be the bufoon we all suspected, but not being in the position to meet him in person and judge for myself, i have to take the opinions of people like Glen as a positive.

I absolutely appreciate what you're saying though Paul. Talk is cheap and he will be judged on his actions over the course of time. But i don't see the point in writing him off before he's got his feet under the table. Given the choice i think we'd all love John Williams to still be calling the shots. In fact i think most even appreciated Paul Hunt over the comedic Singh. But he is what we've got and i for one am willing to give him enough rope and see if he hangs himself. If he doesn't then all the better.

Brilliant news Glen. I do need to argue the point about nothing getting back to Pune though. Members of this forum spoke to Balaji and made their feelings very clear. They were lied to. What's to say the same thing isn't happening with Shebby.

We need to see action. Once Kean is removed from his post I will believe that Shebby has any real power at Ewood

Agreed Paul. I too see this as Belaji MkII.

Said: We will do whatever it takes

Did: Nothing except allow the club to be relegated

The fact that Singh is working under a "clean slate" policy means everything during the last 20 months (before his arrival) is inadmissible anyway - so there's not a great deal of point in going over it.

My fear is Singh is doing a reccy (know your enemy) on BRFCAG and is finding out as much as he can about them.

Hope I'm wrong but if Kean was under any kind of scrutiny, why did the Raos allow him to surround himself (at board level and beyond) with his allies?

For me the post-season meeting was where either Kean's side of the story was swallowed, or he simply put his foot down - and our fate was sealed (again).

Incidentally, I wonder whatever happened to the notion (MG inflicted) that Kean had insisted that they should back him because he can convince Hoilett to stay? Oh, that's right, more BS.

Nah, business as usual for Kean and his shareholders.

I don't envisage for one second Singh sacking Kean. More like the other way around.

I won't buy any of this 'I'm in charge' stuff until I have seen evidence of his supposed power. How can a man who castigated Kean several weeks ago come in and ask us to give him more time and wipe the slate clean. If he has an ounce of sense and feeling for the club the first thing he would have done is got rid of Kean, for me it is as simple as that.

He sounds like a charmer but for me that counts for absolutely nothing.

Actions speak louder than words and if Singh wants to move Rovers forward he HAS to get rid of Kean now.

Hope I'm wrong but if Kean was under any kind of scrutiny, why did the Raos allow him to surround himself (at board level and beyond) with his allies?

I honestly think they rely on him Stuart. In their wisdom they fired almost anyone with any contacts in the game and now we're left with owners who need to take advice from people like Kean. Even on appointments at board level.

I honestly think they rely on him Stuart. In their wisdom they fired almost anyone with any contacts in the game and now we're left with owners who need to take advice from people like Kean. Even on appointments at board level.

On whose advice did they sack (and appoint) the people you allude to? Kean has played a blinder and has a position of such power he is bomb proof.

Having read this a third time it gets more interesting.

Shebby is the top dog at Ewood and has the power to remove anyone he chooses,

We've seen many quality people sacked does he have the power to replace anyone he removes? Firing is the easy bit. I don't see this as a particular positive unless he has the power to hire and fire. One is useless without the other.

He explained that everyone at Ewood bar him are classed as BRFC Employees, and like anything all employee's can be removed.

Everyone at Ewood was an employee under the Trust. I don't see the relevance of this point.

Shebby though is not an employee. What then is he? It makes him appear a little untouchable ...... now I'm sure I've heard that before.

He explained he was tasked in accessing the damage, and getting the true picture and will act accordingly.

By "act accordingly" do you mean he is going to carry out the task or do you mean once he has understood the issues he will "act accordingly" to correct these problems?

On whose advice did they sack (and appoint) the people you allude to? Kean has played a blinder and has a position of such power he is bomb proof.

Yeah i know all the conspiracy theories. I'm not entirely convinced on all of them tbh.

It seems pretty obvious that Anderson weaseled his man into the job and in all likelihood advised the Rao's to ditch Williams etc.. when they put up any resistance to club affairs under the new regime. But i'm not sure Kean's power goes beyond that really. Perhaps he has some dirt on Venky's in terms of the actual takeover (i'm speculating), but i don't think he is in any way weaved into the fabric of the club. I just think Mrs Desai has bought his bullshyte good and proper. The family rules of 'all in favor' to make any changes is whats kept him clinging to his job. It is unlike me to look at things optimistically, but i hope that Shebby Singh's appointment might represent Kean's last chance. I hope he was installed to oversee Kean's performance and as a person the family trust with a football back ground (albeit a poor one), i hope that they will listen and act upon what he has to say. It had been all too easy for Kean to pull the wool over the Mrs Desai's eyes when nobody was at the helm. Lets be honest, essentially he ran the whole show last season.

I'm not singing Shebby's praises here. I'm just hopeful that his appointment might spell the end for Kean over the longer term. Yes i'm probably being niaive in most peoples eyes. But i think the Rao's value his opinion and if, as Glen says, Shebby is the top man at Rovers from now on, it could spell the end of Kean eventually. I'm not sure i would trust him to make the correct calls in an era after Kean, but i think he might have the authority to end the current one. Something Paul Hunt couldn't do.

Sounds like you are falling for the flannel of an experienced media man Glen.

Shaw and Agnew were Shebby appointments? No chance

Kean can be sacked by Shebby? No chance.

The bloke is on a highly paid jolly in English football at our expense and this idea he is ruling the roost over Kean and his cronies is laughable.

Shebby though is not an employee. What then is he?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? No - it's Shebby! Here to save the club!!

So Shebby can make any decision he likes, he isn't a mere employee.

• The removal of the inept manager Kean, responsible for relegation and an appalling results record over 18 months? No, not yet, we need to wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in revenue of circa £24m per season - reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, we should wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in season ticket sales, majority of which are due to Kean still being at the club?- reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, let's just wipe that slate clean.
  • Hoillett would re-sign, Kean lied to Desai we are lead to believe - again. Reason to act and remove Kean? No, let's wipe the slate clean.
  • Lack of sales in the club shop, no commercial shirt sponsor, minimal corporate hospitality sales, a general dislike of anything to do with Blackburn Rovers Football Club whilst he remains. No, not just yet, we need to wipe etc etc.

It's all BULLSHIT!! They have no intention of getting rid of Kean. None whatsoever. We search for reasons as to why he is still here, we are told that the signings made last season weren't his. Yet Kean was quite happy to state that he should be judged after last August's transfer window! Well he was - and he's still here. That's our Keano. Facilitating over just whatever the hell it is this regime "wants to achieve here".

This is all PR BS. Millions upon millions of pounds have been lost at BRFC. Are we supposed to believe that Venkys are bank rolling our return to the Premier League? Only a complete idiot would put any faith in Kean achieving that. He has achieved absolutely nothing in his tenure to suggest that he has any managerial ability.

So let's give Kean the first few games of the season. Clearly everything that has gone on previously doesn't really matter. The events listed above, along with many others, are mere trivialities of course. No other football club on the face of the planet would be questioning the manager at all at this point.

But my God, we'd better get off to a good start Steve, otherwise your really going to be in for it this time. Yeah, right.

Yesterdays meeting with Shebby, Which we will put full minutes out (will get some together after football league meeting later today )Was a massive step in the right direction.

Shebby's willingness to understand the real problems which sadly it appears never got back to Pune in any shape or form was a real eye opener. The treatment of supporters last season and various incidents we used as examples shocked Shebby.

Shebby is the top dog at Ewood and has the power to remove anyone he chooses, He explained that everyone at Ewood bar him are classed as BRFC Employees, and like anything all employee's can be removed. He explained he was tasked in accessing the damage, and getting the true picture and will act accordingly.

On Kean he has been asked to judge him from now, and make any decision needed once the season kicks off.

Every single person at Ewood must answer to Shebby, and that includes the recent appointments.

I'm not easily fooled, and what I can say is this guy is the real deal, I can see only good things coming from his appointment. There is quite a bit of news to give out from the meeting, but its better to put this in the minutes. You name it we have spoke about it, broke each element down into little pieces over the two meetings we have had so far. More meetings are planned as early as later this week.

Like everything we do, we always do things systematically with the thoughts of those who elected us always at the front of our minds. Our members opinions are pretty much unified amongst most of the rovers supporters. We have clear goals, and clear objectives. What I will say before the minutes are released is we got everything we asked for in this particular meeting and the aftermath will benefit ALL supporters.

Its been a long old slog the last 11 months, we have endured much critism, whilst we have also been given equally lots of support. We have never left the path or given up hope, We have been busier since the season finished than we was whilst the season was on-going which I never thought would of been possible. The quest for a well run club which we can all relate to once again has been a 7 day a week job for all the committee, with at times as many as 18 hours a day being put into it by anyone individual. Some people tend to focus on the protest, but what I would say is that only 5% of what we have ever done has been protest. Hence why we are the only recognised FSF supporters group , every supporter can join the FSF (Which I advise), but for a group to do so. You must pass a strict criteria including having a democratically elected committee etc.

We are proud that we have not only engaged with supporters here, but also worldwide as ALL supporters matter, and its not about which boxes you tick or dont, All supporters of Blackburn Rovers are equal and are as important as the next. Having branches in different countries is something we are proud of, and a big hats off to Graham and Andy from the committee who are the groups UK and oversea's liaison officers for the superb job they have done on this.

Having all the community figure heads from all religions publically backing the group, whilst some have become Patrons is a fantastic honour for the members who have stuck to their guns..

One thing the group always got flack for was for not attending every away game (The tick box culture). We hope we have now taken that away by organising away trips at affordable prices available to all, I know the Darwen Blues have taken the option up of usiing this service which is great and we welcome any other supporter group or individual who is not part of any group to also come along and use this service.

Our new membership will launch in the next couple of weeks which will have lots of benefits this season, including Membership card which will allow you, discounts at various outlets, Free match day parking, discounted away travel. Free monthly prize draws,Discounts at our online shop Events for Children. Unlimted excess to our webite,monthly news letters. Eligible to stand for committee whilst also eligible to vote. A lot of work has gone into putting this together and to be able to offer it as a free membership was the remit the committee had to work with.

We will be marketing this all over, and have secured a stand in the town centre which will also be used in the next couple of weeks, to give people an opportunity to learn a little more about the group.

We also fully support the Blackburn coalition which Sir Bill Taylor has put together, and have offered to help in any way we can so he can report to the supporter base under a collective voice of all the groups who attend of what actually happened during the meetings he holds. Its also good to see supporter groups coming together and showing a willingness to work together.

Finally I must add none of this would of been even remotely achievable without the support of so many people,

That includes people who have made donations to the group, some of which are BRFCS members,

Supporter websites like BRFCS, Blackburn Rovers -Mad, Vital Blackburn.

The group members

The people who give their time for free who were elected by its members

The Brown cow and Ewood Buttie shop plus other business's who have allowed us to advertise.

The Media who have kept rovers plight in the headlines and worked with us for months.

People who have given their time to attend open floor meetings.

People who have written letters of support for governing bodies

Paul who supplied the High Visability vest for the stewarding on protest.

Kamy who taught us how to write press releases, with some help from Wen

Glenn P, Ste B and Josh who have produced podcast to report news on the groups activites

The local council and MPS

You forgot 'and everybody else who knows me' at the end. ^_^

Starting to sound like a gushing victory speech at the Oscars Glen. Bit premature imo if you don't mind me saying so. Now given that I wasn't present and therefore in no position to criticise can I give you two points to consider......

1. As Arbito points out.... "Actions speak louder than words", and boy do we need to see some action!

2. If I believe a liar once it's his fault ...... If I believe him twice it's my own bloody fault!

Shebby might be the best thing since sliced bread but he's some making up to do before anybody will even afford him the time of day.

Oh and don't tell Steve about your meeting with Shebby! :unsure:

Good work Glen for putting points across to SS.

As others have said, actions speak louder than words though.

Bearing in mind that the reaction to his appointment from Malaysian followers of football was mockery and their view that Singh is a complete joke and knows nothing, I think we've reached rock bottom if he is now seen as the saviour of the club.

It wasn't long ago that he was announcing that Gerrard should be played at right back.

On Kean he has been asked to judge him from now and make any decision needed once the season kicks off

Just shows again that they are either totally clueless or something more sinister is going on. at that point you should have stopped believing a word this guy says because what it means is that there is no chance kean will be sacked whilst this lot are in charge. If they had any intention of sacking him at any point this season then NOW would be the latest they could do it and expect to hit the ground running in a couple of weeks time. Once our players have left, the remaining ones are demoralised and disharmony and discontent sets in among fans who are left in the ground, whilst those who are not have decided that even if Kean goes it's no longer worth getting a season ticket because he's had 10 fo their 13 free ones and they will miss at least another 2 or 3 for various reasons, it's TOO LATE. If you really have any power at Ewood then sack him now, Mr singh, because that way, you'd get a chance of some though not all non renewing season ticket holders renewing, have a chance that there might just be a halfway decent manager prepared to come in (let's face it, compared to Kean most are halfway decent so it woldn't really matter who) and might just be able to rely on your maanger to do his job and let everyone else get on with theirs.

On Kean he has been asked to judge him from now and make any decision needed once the season kicks off

Indeed gumboots. It's common fact that managers are judged on results not hot air. So the bare facts of Kean's '5 minutes of fame' reveal relegation form over the two seasons that he's been in charge whichever way one wants to do the math, the catastrophic and potentially terminal financial effect of relegation from the Prem, disgraceful public behaviour on MANY occasions. Why tf judge him from now? Where's that Bullshit Man when you need him?

Thing is if Singh did the one thing we all want him to do fans estimations of him would go up. Until we see action I cant trust that he has the best intrests of the club other than to operate as another yes man to the owners. I am encouraged by the possible frosty relationship between him and Kean though.

Personally I don't think Kean will be the manager at Xmas , cannot see a leopard changing its spots , the man cannot win football matches !!!

I expect him to be replaced by Colin Hendry around November with the club in the bottom half of the championship , ironically I see Hendrys appointment being the beginning of the end for Kean ....Time will tell ..

Well if we were to accept that SS had the necessary powers to remove Kean - which I don't believe he has - then we still have to ask is Shebby Singh the right man to have so much power?

I'm a long way from accepting that he is, and we're still a very, very long way from being run properly. Not time for triumphant noises yet Glen.

By stating that Shebby isn't a BRFC employee, he means he is a Venky's employee instead.

The term he uses is that he is a "global advisor". The real acid test will be after say 5 games, when he wants Kean to go and calls up the family. They then have a meeting and get shut of Shebby instead.

Archived