BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Singh hasn't been announced at the official site, unlike Shaw and Agnew whose appointment and promotion were published under news. Also Agnew and his new title, and Shaw are listed under Who's who -page, but no mention of Singh.

So atleast in public's view he isn't a BRFC employee.

Shabby is probably not on Rovers books as an employee so as to avoid the need for a work permit. Its easier for him to be an adviser for an overseas firm.

Just been fantasising how the appointment of these three could work out to be a good thing. Here goes -

In theory, at least, it could make it easier to replace Kean, assuming Desai ever does decide to dump him. One of the reasons people have put forward as to why Kean could not be sacked is that they could not find a real manager to work without a proper management structure in place in Blackburn. On paper, we now have a Managing Director and an Operations Director and an Advisor to liase with Pune so its more like a normal club with no necessity for the new manager to make frequent trips to India.

Obviously, Agnew and Shaw were Kean appointees and so can be seen initially as strengthening his position. However, once they get their feet under the table and get used to having their snouts in the Rovers trough, they may not put up much opposition to Kean being replaced once he demonstrates what a liability he is. If, as seems likely, it becomes apparent that Rovers are not going to challenge for promotion under Kean, then it is not inconceivable that Shabby, Aggers and Del Boy could turn on Kean to save their own cushy little numbers.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby genuinely believes that he has the power to remove Kean.

We all find out soon enough, if Rovers get off to a bad start to the season then the pressure to remove Kean will mount again. We'll find out if he does have that level of power or not.

I will say though that certain people at the club (who shall remain nameless) are not happy with the level of power that Shebby has and the way he has actively engaged with the fans and the media, that gives me hope. However, deep down my gut feeling is that Shebby won't be able to remove Kean when push comes to shove, but let's wait and see.

Shebby genuinely believes that he has the power to remove Kean.

We all find out soon enough, if Rovers get off to a bad start to the season then the pressure to remove Kean will mount again. We'll find out if he does have that level of power or not.

I will say though that certain people at the club (who shall remain nameless) are not happy with the level of power that Shebby has and the way he has actively engaged with the fans and the media, that gives me hope. However, deep down my gut feeling is that Shebby won't be able to remove Kean when push comes to shove, but let's wait and see.

What constitutes actively engaging with the fans, Kamy?? Appears and sounds like hot air nonsense so far-the bloke is a show pony from what i can see.

What constitutes actively engaging with the fans, Kamy?? Appears and sounds like hot air nonsense so far-the bloke is a show pony from what i can see.

He has had a lot of meetings with fans, be it with organised groups, the fans forums or individual fans who have approached him. Ditto with the media he has been more than willing to talk to media and give clarification, prior to Shebby's arrival it was almost impossible to get any communication out of the club because no one knew what was going on.

I agree that at the moment while it is positive to see him communicating it has to be labelled "hot air" until we see some decisive action on the big issue of Steve Kean, if he does end up sacking him then you can at least say that Shebby does have power to effect positive change at Ewood, if Rovers get off to a bad start and Kean remains at Rovers then we can add Shebby to the list of "timewasters".

I understand that it is hard to wipe away everything that has happened since the takeover, but one of the main problems the last 18 months have been the lack of communication from owners/club to the fans. Now we have one who actually represent the owners actually talking to fan groups. He may be a tosser who knows nothing about football and thinks gerrard should be a fullback, but he clearly does not like kean, and the current regime at ewood does not like him. I think shebby is one of the few positive things that have happened at rovers this summer, time will tell if he just talk the talk or not, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt. It really amuses me that Paul Agnew and co hates that he is involved

Shebby genuinely believes that he has the power to remove Kean. .

The next question has to be does Shebby genuinely believe he has the power to hire a new manager?

The power to fire is of no value without the power to hire..... though no manager would be better than Kean!

Rovers fans have good memories. I remember how bad I felt at the final whistle that rainy night at Ewood when Wigan finally put us out of our misery. The pressure to remove Kean will be there from the first whistle of the first game. Nothing has changed from then, and I expect a hostile reception for the incompetent lying illegitimate.

I keep reading these posts saying 'one of the big issues has been lack of comminication'

Eh? From day one we have been bombarded with BS, be it from Venky's, Kean, Agnew, now Singh.

I'm sick of hearing from the lot of them. Which other foreign owner has bi- monthly one to one interviews on Sky and Granada? Which other manager of a BRFC size club gets as much airtime as Kean?

There's been communication all right, just no action and lies, lies, lies.

Now Singh is a 'breath of fresh air' because he's giving it the big I am in meetings?

Good grief.

He has had a lot of meetings with fans, be it with organised groups, the fans forums or individual fans who have approached him. Ditto with the media he has been more than willing to talk to media and give clarification, prior to Shebby's arrival it was almost impossible to get any communication out of the club because no one knew what was going on.

I agree that at the moment while it is positive to see him communicating it has to be labelled "hot air" until we see some decisive action on the big issue of Steve Kean, if he does end up sacking him then you can at least say that Shebby does have power to effect positive change at Ewood, if Rovers get off to a bad start and Kean remains at Rovers then we can add Shebby to the list of "timewasters".

He hasn't replied to my email yet.

• Backroom

If Shebby truly had the power he claims to have Kean would be gone. Shebby's article in MAY said he had to go, and I don't think within a couple of months Singh would have suddenly had a dramatic change of heart. This stuff about "a few games into the season" is just another in a long list of lies to try and keep people happy. The proverbial dangling carrot that never quite comes into reach.

It would impact me - I must admit - but many on here have "claimed" they are happy to pay more if Kean is gone.

I would pay more if Kean were gone, but many couldn't afford to and that's the risk the owners run - they sack Kean and numbers still don't go up because lots of fans can't afford to pay more.

Whats it going to be. Lose 3 draw 1 win 1 oh we are back on track. Lose 4 draw 1 win one. Oh one more chance stevie... lose 3 draw 1 judge me after the transfer window..... lose 60percent or remaining games. Whimpering to relegation. Finally doomed. Quote kean: nar i'm not a walkin away.

Has Shebby clarified what he meant when he said Kean has experience in getting teams promoted a la Fulham when Tigana was manager? (it was Shebby who said that right?)

Yes Glen, was this put to Shebby at the meeting?

Rovers fans have good memories. I remember how bad I felt at the final whistle that rainy night at Ewood when Wigan finally put us out of our misery. The pressure to remove Kean will be there from the first whistle of the first game. Nothing has changed from then, and I expect a hostile reception for the incompetent lying illegitimate.

I agree, but the problem is we can't win as a good start means Kean gets a further disproportianate stay of execution and a bad start hampers us for the rest of the season.

Going into another season with the Club at war with the fans is total madness

What I, and others, want to know is where are the results? Telling us Shebby is a wonderful guy doesn't help; remember the flack the FF received after the Pune trip when to a man it was reported Balaji et al understood the issues and would act. The FF were subjected to massive criticism from all quarters because they returned believing, quite reasonably, what they had been told.

Some fans have openly supported the family on the MB and effectively been hounded off because of their, not unreasonable, belief in the Raos. If you meet someone and they appear genuine it's reasonable to believe them.

There is nothing, absolute nothing, to suggest Shebby Singh is deserving of any more trust than all those who have gone before him. For me by association he is tarred with the same brush as the people who own us. If the Raos really wanted to make progress this appointment would not have been made.

Words are cheap, football clubs are expensive. The Raos, via Singh, still have to prove themselves and there is no evidence to demonstrate they have listened to anyone.

John Williams knew the answer to any criticism lay on the pitch. Until the Raos and all those they employ understand this there will be no significant progress.

What I, and others, want to know is where are the results? Telling us Shebby is a wonderful guy doesn't help; remember the flack the FF received after the Pune trip when to a man it was reported Balaji et al understood the issues and would act. The FF were subjected to massive criticism from all quarters because they returned believing, quite reasonably, what they had been told.

Some fans have openly supported the family on the MB and effectively been hounded off because of their, not unreasonable, belief in the Raos. If you meet someone and they appear genuine it's reasonable to believe them.

There is nothing, absolute nothing, to suggest Shebby Singh is deserving of any more trust than all those who have gone before him. For me by association he is tarred with the same brush as the people who own us. If the Raos really wanted to make progress this appointment would not have been made.

Words are cheap, football clubs are expensive. The Raos, via Singh, still have to prove themselves and there is no evidence to demonstrate they have listened to anyone.

John Williams knew the answer to any criticism lay on the pitch. Until the Raos and all those they employ understand this there will be no significant progress.

We have been to two meetings and are reporting what has been said, if you do not wish to believe this that is your own perogative. As I said last week, I find the guy warm and eager to listen. What he says and what is actually done is two different things as ultimately only his future actions will determine this. Which ever way I reported the meeting i'd get slated hence why I have told people to wait for the minutes.

If I had come on and slagged the guy off I'd be accused of doom mongering, Are we not allowed to be positive about anything? Because I certainly do not see a que of people trying to unravel this mess

Is it a bird? is it a plane? No - it's Shebby! Here to save the club!!

So Shebby can make any decision he likes, he isn't a mere employee.

• The removal of the inept manager Kean, responsible for relegation and an appalling results record over 18 months? No, not yet, we need to wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in revenue of circa £24m per season - reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, we should wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in season ticket sales, majority of which are due to Kean still being at the club?- reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, let's just wipe that slate clean.
  • Hoillett would re-sign, Kean lied to Desai we are lead to believe - again. Reason to act and remove Kean? No, let's wipe the slate clean.
  • Lack of sales in the club shop, no commercial shirt sponsor, minimal corporate hospitality sales, a general dislike of anything to do with Blackburn Rovers Football Club whilst he remains. No, not just yet, we need to wipe etc etc.

It's all BULLSHIT!! They have no intention of getting rid of Kean. None whatsoever. We search for reasons as to why he is still here, we are told that the signings made last season weren't his. Yet Kean was quite happy to state that he should be judged after last August's transfer window! Well he was - and he's still here. That's our Keano. Facilitating over just whatever the hell it is this regime "wants to achieve here".

This is all PR BS. Millions upon millions of pounds have been lost at BRFC. Are we supposed to believe that Venkys are bank rolling our return to the Premier League? Only a complete idiot would put any faith in Kean achieving that. He has achieved absolutely nothing in his tenure to suggest that he has any managerial ability.

So let's give Kean the first few games of the season. Clearly everything that has gone on previously doesn't really matter. The events listed above, along with many others, are mere trivialities of course. No other football club on the face of the planet would be questioning the manager at all at this point.

But my God, we'd better get off to a good start Steve, otherwise your really going to be in for it this time. Yeah, right.

Is it a bird? is it a plane? No - it's Shebby! Here to save the club!!

So Shebby can make any decision he likes, he isn't a mere employee.

• The removal of the inept manager Kean, responsible for relegation and an appalling results record over 18 months? No, not yet, we need to wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in revenue of circa £24m per season - reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, we should wipe the slate clean.
  • The drop in season ticket sales, majority of which are due to Kean still being at the club?- reason to act and remove Kean? No, not yet, let's just wipe that slate clean.
  • Hoillett would re-sign, Kean lied to Desai we are lead to believe - again. Reason to act and remove Kean? No, let's wipe the slate clean.
  • Lack of sales in the club shop, no commercial shirt sponsor, minimal corporate hospitality sales, a general dislike of anything to do with Blackburn Rovers Football Club whilst he remains. No, not just yet, we need to wipe etc etc.

It's all BULLSHIT!! They have no intention of getting rid of Kean. None whatsoever. We search for reasons as to why he is still here, we are told that the signings made last season weren't his. Yet Kean was quite happy to state that he should be judged after last August's transfer window! Well he was - and he's still here. That's our Keano. Facilitating over just whatever the hell it is this regime "wants to achieve here".

This is all PR BS. Millions upon millions of pounds have been lost at BRFC. Are we supposed to believe that Venkys are bank rolling our return to the Premier League? Only a complete idiot would put any faith in Kean achieving that. He has achieved absolutely nothing in his tenure to suggest that he has any managerial ability.

So let's give Kean the first few games of the season. Clearly everything that has gone on previously doesn't really matter. The events listed above, along with many others, are mere trivialities of course. No other football club on the face of the planet would be questioning the manager at all at this point.

But my God, we'd better get off to a good start Steve, otherwise your really going to be in for it this time. Yeah, right.

Kean and certain other employess jollys to Pune are a thing of the past, their direct contact with those in Pune has been disolved, they must now answer to Shebby. Yes its hard to believe and as i'm always accused of being overly sceptical its quite a different feeling I feel about these words.

Yes a hell of a lot stinks at rovers and has done since the club was bought, but a complete shift has occured since Keans return from Pune, the fact that the club have had to attend the FA, Prem and football league shows they aint getting a free reign from the authorites anymore

While people are up and down telling us what a super bloke Shebby is Steve Kean is conductiing another Transfer Windows's business

This alone is reason to be certain that Singh has a) No power B) more worryingly, no idea

I'm sure when PNE Paul & Deadly Derek hear of his gauche braggadocio they will be even more entrenched against the Malaysiann nutcase whose knowledge is so all-embracing thinks playing 18th Division French football entitles you to a work permit

These dreadful little sub-plots will go on and on with starry-eyed little lads and lasses who get invited down for a brew and their heads patting telling us all how they "talk a lot of sense" while the likes of Bolton, Wolves, Leicester, Hull and myriad others prepare sensibly and properly for a tough 46 game season with ten gruellling midweek games without the seeming need to line up half a dozen Portuguese no-hopers because they have an agent they like to deal with

While people are up and down telling us what a super bloke Shebby is Steve Kean is conductiing another Transfer Windows's business

This alone is reason to be certain that Singh has a) No power B) more worryingly, no idea

I'm sure when PNE Paul & Deadly Derek hear of his gauche braggadocio they will be even more entrenched against the Malaysiann nutcase whose knowledge is so all-embracing thinks playing 18th Division French football entitles you to a work permit

These dreadful little sub-plots will go on and on with starry-eyed little lads and lasses who get invited down for a brew and their heads patting telling us all how they "talk a lot of sense" while the likes of Bolton, Wolves, Leicester, Hull and myriad others prepare sensibly and properly for a tough 46 game season with ten gruellling midweek games without the seeming need to line up half a dozen Portuguese no-hopers because they have an agent they like to deal with

Singh is conducting ALL rovers transfer activity including player contracts, he had nothing to do with the appointements i.e Agnew , Shaw, as this was done prior to the mantle being handed over to him to take control of things. One thing is apparent though Agnews title change was because he got a demotion, before he even got to start his role he got promoted to.

Singh has his own office, whilst Shaw and Agnew must share one, an example of the food chain

You forgot 'and everybody else who knows me' at the end. ^_^

Starting to sound like a gushing victory speech at the Oscars Glen. Bit premature imo if you don't mind me saying so. Now given that I wasn't present and therefore in no position to criticise can I give you two points to consider......

1. As Arbito points out.... "Actions speak louder than words", and boy do we need to see some action!

2. If I believe a liar once it's his fault ...... If I believe him twice it's my own bloody fault!

Shebby might be the best thing since sliced bread but he's some making up to do before anybody will even afford him the time of day.

Oh and don't tell Steve about your meeting with Shebby! :unsure:

You forgot 'and everybody else who knows me' at the end. ^_^

Starting to sound like a gushing victory speech at the Oscars Glen. Bit premature imo if you don't mind me saying so. Now given that I wasn't present and therefore in no position to criticise can I give you two points to consider......

1. As Arbito points out.... "Actions speak louder than words", and boy do we need to see some action!

2. If I believe a liar once it's his fault ...... If I believe him twice it's my own bloody fault!

Shebby might be the best thing since sliced bread but he's some making up to do before anybody will even afford him the time of day.

Oh and don't tell Steve about your meeting with Shebby! :unsure:

We set out to get answers, the fact that every governing body in the English game are now examining it and asking the questions, whilst the media are asking questions, and we are also in there asking questions is showing massive progress from where we was, which was a wall of silence and no-one to turn to.

Shebby may turn out to be another extension of no action, but after speaking with all that was there before and then comparing it to Shebby, there is a massive difference this time.

Instead of doors being slammed, doors are being opened, questions are being answered openly (see minutes when they come out) . If we slam the door shut on this one where does that leave us all? Just praying for a miracle? Hoping the FA etc get the rest of the stuff they need to open the can of worms?

Don't beleive in Shebby, But believe in your fellow supporters to not give up until this battle is put to bed so everyone can go back to enjoy watching rovers

Archived