BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

The people who have met Shebby all accept that he's a nice guy, enthusiastic and believes that he can turn the club around. He also believes that he can improve our record in the transfer market. That's fair enough, I can accept all that - no problem.

But, and it's a big but, why is Shebby any more capable than any one of us? Believing and performing are two totally different things. I've been around football for longer than he has, but would that be enough - no, it wouldn't. I could look around the lower leagues in the world for talent, but that wouldn't be enough either. I could quite easily report back in a months time that Kean needs replacing, - so why do we need Shebby? I could go talking to the press, fans groups, individual fans and tell them that I'm now in charge and things would change for the better, but I wouldn't get a job in football with any of this on my C.V.

The point is that while he might very well do his best, is he actually capable? Why would he be a better bet than any of us at finding players, talking to fans or talking to herself? He wouldn't, because this is all over his head. He has no experience. If we are to really get back into the Premier League, I doubt that Shebby will have anything to do with it.

Who can say at this stage. Our much revered ex-chairman came from Granada Studios so I'm not sure he was overly qualified at the beginning on the football front.

The indians clearly put much more store in their relationship with the individual than with their paper qualifications, rightly or wrongly. If Shebby's job is to kick the tyres of the club from the inside, then the fact he has made a living from football for the last 20 years should hopefully work in our favour as he ought to know what good or bad looks like at the detailed level.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who can say at this stage. Our much revered ex-chairman came from Granada Studios so I'm not sure he was overly qualified at the beginning on the football front.

He didn't run the football side of things or run around the globe looking for players in the lower leagues. He was employed as a CEO, and yes he did have a business background.

Shebby has neither scouting or business abilities as far as I know.

If he recommends Kean is sacked and Mrs. Desai actually acts upon that recommendation then yes, that would make him the real deal as previously she has failed to act on similar recommendations.

How? That's enough to be our Global Advisor?

How? That's enough to be our Global Advisor?

Not in itself, but it's probably THE single most important step the Club needs to move forward, so if he recommends it and she listens, (unlike before) it's hugely significant.

As for being a global advisor, I share your scepticism to a degree but in fairness to him I presume he has a network of contacts in far flung parts of the world far more extensive than you and I.

Perhaps we should see what happens before burying the bloke.

Den, largely agree with your points. To summarise, to me there seem two camps -

1 - shabby Shebby is all talk and just another Venky till actions prove otherwise

2 - talk is already proving otherwise and his continuing presence is evidence of him doing good.

Given the last 20 months, I know I'm firmly in Camp 1.

1 - shabby Shebby is all talk and just another Venky till actions prove otherwise

2 - talk is already proving otherwise and his continuing presence is evidence of him doing good.

I actually think he fits in both camps. The various fans groups have complained for a long time that there isn't a real line of communication between the fans and the owners - Shebby is providing that so I think he partly fulfills your 2nd camp. However - he has to put his words into actions - so far we have seen most of the signings come good - though a long way from the "unbelievable" signings we were promised, (as a Championship clubs I suppose we have to temper what this would be). Only a bad start to the season will show how much power he genuinely has - a mediocre or good start and he has no excuse to show whether he truly has the ultimate power to dispose of Kean.

• Moderation Lead

And me- until I see action to back up these never-ending words, this will not change.

Which signings have come good? People think Nunes looks promising but that's about all the praise I've heard so far.

Exactly Gumboots. a few minutes here and there against non teams and they've come good.

Some rot talked on here.

I actually think he fits in both camps. The various fans groups have complained for a long time that there isn't a real line of communication between the fans and the owners - Shebby is providing that so I think he partly fulfills your 2nd camp. However - he has to put his words into actions - so far we have seen most of the signings come good - though a long way from the "unbelievable" signings we were promised, (as a Championship clubs I suppose we have to temper what this would be). Only a bad start to the season will show how much power he genuinely has - a mediocre or good start and he has no excuse to show whether he truly has the ultimate power to dispose of Kean.

DMTP, we have very different outlooks on life. Maybe you also had sympathies with Pol Pot and thought old Adolf had a pretty rough ride?

Exactly Gumboots. a few minutes here and there against non teams and they've come good.

Some rot talked on here.

Mind you there are some on here who think Formica has been a success and that Petrovic will come good.

Shebby is providing that so I think he partly fulfills your 2nd camp. However - he has to put his words into actions - so far we have seen most of the signings come good

How have they? The season hasn't kicked off yet.

Mind you there are some on here who think Formica has been a success and that Petrovic will come good.

Do NOT question my Mauro! If every other player had his technique and workrate we would have been mid table even WITH Kean as manager.

Do NOT question my Mauro! If every other player had his technique and workrate we would have been mid table even WITH Kean as manager.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I think he's bang average.

Yet if they all had his pace and physique we would have been relegated by January.

I really like the lad because he's got a lot of heart, but I don't think he's cut out for English football.

Archived