BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in camp 3. That's the one that sits and watches and will make his mind up when he sees ACTION. Words are all ok. Shebby talks well (and his radio interview is better than some make out...) but when the sh"t hits the fan, will Shebby stand up and be the 'assassin' he joked about? Give him the chance to prove himself. I reckon this could be the best move Venky's have made or, conversely, it'll be the bullet in the gun pointed at their ownership heads.

Shebby "the real deal" Singh.

Never was, never will be. God it's depressing. Have we signed anyone yet? Apart from listening to this and buying an ST I've managed to avoid Rovers all summer.

Never was, never will be. God it's depressing. Have we signed anyone yet? Apart from listening to this and buying an ST I've managed to avoid Rovers all summer.

Told you Glen! :(

I will hold you to that, Give the guy a chance, crikey he does a radio interview and everyone jumps on the doom n gloom wagon,

What do you expect him to say on the radio, Oh by the way if Kean loses a couple of games he is out!!

Told you Glen! :(

I stand by my early observations

I also listened to the interview and they are not easy things to do when the questions are pretty much all saying when will Kean be sacked. There is not a cat in hells chance anyone is gonna go on live radio and say SOON. Lets put it into perspective. Kean wants Cox, and deal dont happen as its vetoed by Shebby. That clearly shows who is now calling the shots.

He has been here less than a month and already he is getting the rolling pin treatment. Actions do speak louder than words, and tbh we dont have many other options than to hope Shebby comes good for all the supporters.

Judge him on what he does in the next couple of months, dont hang him before he has had a chance. If we cant be positive about anything then why do we bother?

We have had some good contructive dialogue with him, and the fact he is willing to face a crowd of 500 as the owners representive in an open Q/A speaks volumes. I'm gonna remain in the glass half full camp on this, and would wager that he outlast those who are in opposition at his appointment from within

Him talking to you, 500 people or on the radio isn't 'positive' or 'constructive', he's just repeating Agnew, Rao, Kean BS in a more engaging manner.

He has no power or Kean would have been removed on day 1. He'll do the

owners bidding- ie a soothing voice for fans until DESAI or whoever Desai reports to say it's time for change.

We have been to two meetings and are reporting what has been said, if you do not wish to believe this that is your own perogative. As I said last week, I find the guy warm and eager to listen. What he says and what is actually done is two different things as ultimately only his future actions will determine this. Which ever way I reported the meeting i'd get slated hence why I have told people to wait for the minutes.

If I had come on and slagged the guy off I'd be accused of doom mongering, Are we not allowed to be positive about anything? Because I certainly do not see a que of people trying to unravel this mess

Kean and certain other employess jollys to Pune are a thing of the past, their direct contact with those in Pune has been disolved, they must now answer to Shebby. Yes its hard to believe and as i'm always accused of being overly sceptical its quite a different feeling I feel about these words.

Yes a hell of a lot stinks at rovers and has done since the club was bought, but a complete shift has occured since Keans return from Pune, the fact that the club have had to attend the FA, Prem and football league shows they aint getting a free reign from the authorites anymore

Singh is conducting ALL rovers transfer activity including player contracts, he had nothing to do with the appointements i.e Agnew , Shaw, as this was done prior to the mantle being handed over to him to take control of things. One thing is apparent though Agnews title change was because he got a demotion, before he even got to start his role he got promoted to.

Singh has his own office, whilst Shaw and Agnew must share one, an example of the food chain

At the last Action group meeting, there was a suggestion that there may be a question on full ownership of Rovers.

Is this still the case? Has Shebby been quizzed on this?

Lee says: Goal scoring wasn't the problem for Rovers last season, defending was. I am concerned for the defence and hope it is addressed before the start of the season.
Shebby says: Yes indeed, when you let in 78 goals, then yeah, there are problems. So, well, first we have to look at how well the team has been defending. Defending starts from the front. The front men or the attacking players are always the first line of defence. I said this many times, 'the goalkeeper cannot be the first line of defence'. It is about the collective. We can work with individual players to make them tackle harder or jump higher, we can help them work on their positioning, but at the end of the day it is about the collective. So we are working on that, to defend better as a team and to attack better as a team. Last season Blackburn did not defend well as a team and attacked with only two players. That is not good enough and not the way football should be played. So we are trying to achieve a better standard of football.

So Shebby is basically saying we are tactically weak, the players are not being prepared properly and he has no ambition to purchase any more defenders. Is this a good or bad sign?

He seems to be laying the blame at the feet of Kean in my opinion.. Which I can only see as a good thing. I do not think I have ever read or heard anything about Kean being even partly to blame for any of this before.

My view of this guy is still the same. There are two main worries

1. We are led to belive that he has all the power at Rovers, this is someone has no experience of running any business never mind a multi-million pound one; he has no experience of English football and what he does have is limited to looking at the Premier League from afar; he is good at talking but has nothing on his CV to show he can deliver. When he opens his mouth all that comes out is the usual bullshit, he talks about 'sincerity and honestly', those are obviously his buzz words as he repeats them almost as much as Kean's 'positive'.

2. We are are also led to believe that there is a power struggle at Rovers. Can someone tell me how this will benefit the club.

It won't be long befiore they both go running to mummy crying their eyes out.

My view of this guy is still the same. There are two main worries

1. We are led to belive that he has all the power at Rovers, this is someone has no experience of running any business never mind a multi-million pound one; he has no experience of English football and what he does have is limited to looking at the Premier League from afar; he is good at talking but has nothing on his CV to show he can deliver. When he opens his mouth all that comes out is the usual bullshit, he talks about 'sincerity and honestly', those are obviously his buzz words as he repeats them almost as much as Kean's 'positive'.

2. We are are also led to believe that there is a power struggle at Rovers. Can someone tell me how this will benefit the club.

It won't be long befiore they both go running to mummy crying their eyes out.

I think the fact Agnew was promoted then demoted, shows that the power struggle was won in the first week of Shebbys reign, I would not buy into any power struggle, in fact I would wager a very short tenure for certain people

In addition 2 of this triangle share an office, whilst the other has his own

It won't be long before they both go running to mummy crying their eyes out.

Shebby says: "Global Advisor loosely translated means assassin" - chuckle, chuckle - "You know what I mean!"

I really do not know what to think of this comment. It depends on who he is going to assassinate I guess. Then again, I cannot help but think you are right and wonder if they are both just trying to flex their muscle. That when it comes to removing Kean, Shebby has no control in reality.

Judge him on what he does in the next couple of months, dont hang him before he has had a chance. If we cant be positive about anything then why do we bother?

You're beginning to sound like a Venky employee, I can remember when you was a protester :)

You're beginning to sound like a Venky employee, I can remember when you was a protester :)

I'm just reporting my understanding of the current situation as reported to me by various sources, Nothing changes on the way we address things, but there is nothing wrong with being open minded

Hook, line and sinker.....

You obviously dont know me very well

I'm just reporting my understanding of the current situation as reported to me by various sources, Nothing changes on the way we address things, but there is nothing wrong with being open minded

Unfortunately anyone that tries to look at things objectively is immediately viewed as being in league with Kean or the Venky's. The fact that someone like yourself, who has access to a lot of information about the club, sees a possibility that Shebby may actually improve things gives me some hope for the future.

As a fans representative shouldn't you be posting the 'current situation as reported by various sources' and not your 'understanding' of it?

I'm not having a dig but the tone and content of your posts seem to have changed tack over recent weeks.

As a fans representative shouldn't you be posting the 'current situation as reported by various sources' and not your 'understanding' of it?

I'm not having a dig but the tone and content of your posts seem to have changed tack over recent weeks.

You have to understand it before you can post it, so for the basis of a word i will change understanding to current.....

I agree that we need to give Shebby a chance and see what he actually does – we are all still very angry therefore this leads us to believe nothing will ever come good under these owners.

Our current situation shows how far we have fallen.

Yet again, awful behind the scenes appointments over the summer, Kean kept on despite his horrific results record, and being the most unpopular manager in the history of the club. Some fans will simply never accept him regardless of results.

The words from Agnew, Murphy and Kean in recent weeks is that some good results on the pitch and the fans will come flocking back – I think some fans have been lost forever.

If we are to believe the Rao family are the outright owners of the club, why can’t they follow other (successful) clubs and put in a solid off the field structure in place? Why continuously appoint people who have little experience or credentials and run the club in the best possible, and proper, manner?

Bad/weird/poor decisions, one after another – that’s why words, sound bites or good press conferences mean very little at the moment.

Even if Kean was to be sacked, we still have Agnew on the board for example, is he the best man for the job?

Yeah but this guy invites us down for meetings ...with coffee and that

You soon forget that people have as much knowledge about running an actual football club and even less knowledge of how Second Tier English football works than the Toll Bar tap room when you get biscuits and everything!

Perhaps you dont want us to report back then?

No glen, crack on, the FA, PL etc stuff was excellent and you have the admiration of everyone.

Having regular meetings with Shebby giving him a platform to repeat the same platitudes over and over again achieves nothing and if you didn't report back it wouldn't make a jot of difference to the cause.

Keep your cards close, everything we have is where it needs to be and thats the FA,

Serious question, but what will/can the FA actually do? Can they make Venkys sell? Can they sack Kean? Can they put us back in the PL?

Archived