BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

It won't change my perception that Shebby Singh is a barely-worth-listening to TV pundit who can talk hollow but informed-sounding nonsense about the game sufficiently articulately to pass time on a radio show or impress a coterie of invited interested parties. I can do that. Most of my pals who follow Rovers can.

It's easy to say we need this in and we need that in and this type of coaching - most clubs need the same things but the usual procedure is to grant those kind of decision-making roles to people with a solid background in professional football

Under what basis are you broadcasting publicly that Agnew has been demoted? One with some basis in fact one hopes from your legal standpoint.

The fact that he brought in Shaw in direct retaliation to the Shebby appointment (was it a day later?) - and I have that from two well-placed sources - would suggest less of a position of weakness than who has one office and who has two.

This is someone who has floated about the club with impunity for 17 years since leaving PNE and was recently appointed to what I've heard is a £120,000 pa position? Some demotion!

Perhaps your sources need to be more clear then, as both agnew and shaw signed their contracts at least a couple of weeks before they were officially annouced, and their start date was much later. I stand by the statement!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he signed up for a demotion!

Wow your understanding of contractual and employment law is staggering!

So he signed up for a demotion!

Wow your understanding of contractual and employment law is staggering!

He was given one role in principle and by time the contract came to be signed it was a new role, I fully understand employment law.

I'm sure when I meet with Shaw and Agnew in 2 weeks that they will give their side of their place in the current food chain

You say in one breath "they signed their contracts well in advance" and in the next post "by the time the contract came to be signed it was a new role..."

You can't even follow any thread of consistency from one post to another so good luck to anyone hoping to learn anything salient

6th June - Paul Agnew confirmed general manager, this role will include a seat on the board of directors

so i don't know in what way he was upgraded, as his initial role was described as a "

challenging role with responsibilities across all areas"

15 days later in comes Shebby Singh the new global advisor, the direct link between Pune and Blackburn, a link Paul Agnew had previously enjoyed having, a link he no longer has.

I bet Paul Agnew was happier on the 6th June than he was on the 21st tbh.

Mr. Mullan...how many meetings do you need to attend before you realise its a waste of time? You're meeting agnew and shaw? whatever for?

As many as it takes for clear clarification on whats to become of our club, Do I want to go meetings? Not really Its hard enough working 12 hours a day and raising a family, but in the grand scheme of things it needs to be done

Agnew's initial title was "General Manager." Granada TV reported he had been "upgraded" to Operations Director and appointed Derek Shaw as MD - both with seats on board!

Certainly doesn't sound like a demotion but I bow to anyone who isn't a lawyer who has found time to self-educate to such level that he "fully understand employment law."

I dont need to self educate, this came from the club, whilst i'm fully conversant in employment law, as its module of the B B A Honours degree I currently hold

There is nothing wrong with glen meeting people, it's through these meetings he will be able to develop a better understanding of the situation at rovers... Let's not all forget that we all depend on people like glen to keep us up to date and in the know about what is going on at rovers!

I for one am very grateful that glen has taken the initiative.

I am at a loss as to why Glen is getting stick on here, indeed, without the meetings with the FA, I am 100% sure we would be in a worse position than we find ourselves now!!

Has he lost sight of what the original protests and crowd unrest were about though. Primarily to get Kean out of the club, then Venky's.

How does meetings with Agnew and Shaw, both Venky stooges, fit in with the strategy?

Undoubtedly the meetings with the FA have forced the owners to get some sort of structure in place behind the scenes, albeit cheap and unproven at the top level.

Has he lost sight of what the original protests and crowd unrest were about though. Primarily to get Kean out of the club, then Venky's.

How does meetings with Agnew and Shaw, both Venky stooges, fit in with the strategy?

Undoubtedly the meetings with the FA have forced the owners to get some sort of structure in place behind the scenes, albeit cheap and unproven at the top level.

Quite the opposite hence why meeting those two is important

I am at a loss as to why Glen is getting stick on here, indeed, without the meetings with the FA, I am 100% sure we would be in a worse position than we find ourselves now!!

Human nature! Anyone who sticks at it as hard as Glen has and looks like he might do something arouses envy rather than admiration in some.

I am prepared to give Shebby a chance, people within the club are much happier and he certainly does have decision making power.

There are certain people at the club who most certainly are not happy that Shebby has arrived and the changes that he is trying to make, they are also annoyed at the way he is communicating with fans, media and even protest groups, it is a complete change from what has happened previously.

He also believes that he has the power to sack Kean, that situation will come to a head when the season starts, Kean is not capable of managing at this level, so when Rovers get off to a bad start then we'll know if Shebby is the real deal or just all talk. If he sacks Kean then he has the opportunity to take things forward, if he doesn't then people who are willing to give him a chance will turn on him.

At the moment he doing some right things, he is challenging Kean/Agnew and succeeding, for example Kean wanted to sign Cox and for now Shebby has managed to block it, saying that we can do better than Cox. Let's see what happens over the next four weeks or so.

Personally I think Shebby deserves a chance the same way anyone who is new to a job does.

If (and its a big if) he has the power to remove the bald fat monkey then he couldn't have done it until we have played (and lost) a few games this season.

Then he will prove he is more than talk by appointing a suitable replacement.

Make no bones about it we will start hte season poorly regardless of what players are signed and if the moron in the dugout is not removed quickly then the season will be a disaster.

My dream situation is we lose the first three matches, fat head is shown the door and big Mick Mac is brought in.

He is a proven manager and was only on the radio over here last night saying he was bursting to get back.

Then we would be in a situation we are unused to recently, having a manager we can get behind.

Care to explain how it could be worse, or better still, what tangible impact mr.mullans meetings have had?

Personally I think Shebby deserves a chance the same way anyone who is new to a job does.

If (and its a big if) he has the power to remove the bald fat monkey then he couldn't have done it until we have played (and lost) a few games this season.

Shebby could take a leaf out his employers' book and sack the manager immediately "because we were always going to do it anyway" (M Desai - Nov 2010). Shebby could also look at results from last season and the outcome last May and decide the manager should be sacked on the spot - the usual course of events at a normal football club.

I am prepared to give Shebby a chance, people within the club are much happier and he certainly does have decision making power.

There are certain people at the club who most certainly are not happy that Shebby has arrived and the changes that he is trying to make, they are also annoyed at the way he is communicating with fans, media and even protest groups, it is a complete change from what has happened previously.

He also believes that he has the power to sack Kean, that situation will come to a head when the season starts, Kean is not capable of managing at this level, so when Rovers get off to a bad start then we'll know if Shebby is the real deal or just all talk. If he sacks Kean then he has the opportunity to take things forward, if he doesn't then people who are willing to give him a chance will turn on him.

At the moment he doing some right things, he is challenging Kean/Agnew and succeeding, for example Kean wanted to sign Cox and for now Shebby has managed to block it, saying that we can do better than Cox. Let's see what happens over the next four weeks or so.

Fully agree with this Kamy.

He also believes that he has the power to sack Kean, that situation will come to a head when the season starts,

Hsve you met Shebby ? If so next time I suggest you show him Rovers' list of results from last season and the final league table and ask him what he is waiting for.

1) If (and its a big if) he has the power to remove the bald fat monkey then he couldn't have done it until we have played (and lost) a few games this season.

2) Make no bones about it we will start the season poorly regardless of what players are signed and if the moron in the dugout is not removed quickly then the season will be a disaster.

Why can't he be removed right now? Especially as you and every bugger else know that point 2 is very likely and the undoubted spike in ST sales if he is removed today.

Hsve you met Shebby ? If so next time I suggest you show him Rovers' list of results from last season and the final league table and ask him what he is waiting for.

What I cannot understand is how a man that saw Kean as the next Paul Ince in 2011 before protests, called for his head at the end of last season while a pundit can come into the club without prejudice and give him a clean slate. Shebby must know that he isn't the man for the job, what the big wait is for who knows. To be fair last night on BBC Lancashire he didn't even try to justify the managers record but he did choose to ignore it.

Yes, I'm all for giving Shebby a chance but surely he can hear the chants, the phone calls the anger from supporters. The sooner the manager is removed the better for the football club. The boost in ticket sales, morale and creating a buzz around Blackburn that sacking Kean would make would give us 100 times more chance of being promoted. For all the talk of bringing fans back by creating a winning team is nonsense without a winning manager, masking over Keans failure by backing him with more and more signings is like giving an alcoholic the chance to drink a brewery.

"Believing" that he has the power to sack the manager without going to Mrs D [which I don't believe he has], blocking a player coming to the club saying that we can do better than that - shortly after saying we can get our players by scouring the lower leagues of the world - doesn't make him the real deal Kamy.

To my mind, to hold such a responsible job at an English football club you need to have qualifications or experience in either business, or English football. Which one does Shebby have? We should be scouring the football world for the best people to run the club, not appointing someone who's there for no other reason than he's a friend of the family. We need to look beyond whether he can sack Kean. We have enough idiots at the club as it is.

Why can't he be removed right now? Especially as you and every bugger else know that point 2 is very likely and the undoubted spike in ST sales if he is removed today.

I agree 100% but the fools in india didn't remove him at the end of the season so I'm guessing trying to remove him straight away would not have worked.

But the moron of a monager has said on record we have the best squad in the devision and more of his usual lies.

Im just hoping that now keans own big mouth coupled with a bad start will finally be the end of him.

Its just my hope I'm not saying it will happen. But if Shebby has the power then it should happen.

I have Jim and showed him the EPL index analysis of why Kean is a crap manager. He accepted that it was very poor but is going to judge him from now. Not acceptable but that is where we are. He does have power to make decisions, but we will have to wait a few weeks to find out if it extends to sacking Kean, I just cannot see us winning many games with Kean incharge, so we'll find out soon if Shebby is for real.

Archived