BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Having met Shebby and seen at first hand the enthusisam he has for the job one can't help but be impressed by his passion. Of course, that doesn't mean that things will change for the better right away, indeed they might not change for the better at all but I can honestly say that since Venkys arrived, Shebby is the first person I have spoken to at the club who seems to have a grasp of the reality of the situation that the club now finds itself in. The problem seems to be that he is working under the remit of everyone starting with a clean slate. Shebby seems well aware that the club have to start picking up points from day one and therein is the problem. In giving Kean a chance to prove himself valuable points could be lost early season and the transfer window will have closed. It would appear that the owners have opted to run the club on a European model where the manager is more of a Head Coach and that a Sporting Director or in our case Shebby, is the person who brings in the players. Of course, this model has never really worked in this country and I agree with meadows that the managers who might be approached if Kean were to be removed wouldn't accept such a position.

It's a huge gamble but after having met the guy I'm happy to give him a chance to see what he can do. He might be successful, he might not, it's clearly a gamble, but then Venkys have been gambling with the future of the club from the moment they took over. Ultimately, I feel he is about our only hope of moving the club forward if the present owners remain.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having met Shebby and seen at first hand the enthusisam he has for the job one can't help but be impressed by his passion. Of course, that doesn't mean that things will change for the better right away, indeed they might not change for the better at all but I can honestly say that since Venkys arrived, Shebby is the first person I have spoken to at the club who seems to have a grasp of the reality of the situation that the club now finds itself in. The problem seems to be that he is working under the remit of everyone starting with a clean slate. Shebby seems well aware that the club have to start picking up points from day one and therein is the problem. In giving Kean a chance to prove himself valuable points could be lost early season and the transfer window will have closed. It would appear that the owners have opted to run the club on a European model where the manager is more of a Head Coach and that a Sporting Director or in our case Shebby, is the person who brings in the players. Of course, this model has never really worked in this country and I agree with meadows that the managers who might be approached if Kean were to be removed wouldn't accept such a position.

It's a huge gamble but after having met the guy I'm happy to give him a chance to see what he can do. He might be successful, he might not, it's clearly a gamble, but then Venkys have been gambling with the future of the club from the moment they took over. Ultimately, I feel he is about our only hope of moving the club forward if the present owners remain.

I am inclined to agree with you on this point, I was told, prior to Murphy signing for us, that it was indicated there could be some form of coaching role at Rovers in the pipeline and hence his turning down the QPR offer, remember, Murphy applied for the Fulham job when Hodgson left!!

• Backroom

If Shebby had a true grasp of our current situation combined with the power people claim he has then Kean would be gone. Shebby would not have accepted the 'clean slate' crap, he would have demanded that Kean be removed and put his own man in place.

The fact he hasn't done this speaks volumes about the true level of power he has. He's a PR face, an enthusiastic fool brought it to make everybody laugh and say "hey, look at his passion, he must be OK."

In reality I firmly believe absolutely nothing has changed and my opinion of the club remains as low as it has ever been.

I am prepared to give Shebby a chance, people within the club are much happier and he certainly does have decision making power.

There are certain people at the club who most certainly are not happy that Shebby has arrived and the changes that he is trying to make, they are also annoyed at the way he is communicating with fans, media and even protest groups, it is a complete change from what has happened previously.

He also believes that he has the power to sack Kean, that situation will come to a head when the season starts, Kean is not capable of managing at this level, so when Rovers get off to a bad start then we'll know if Shebby is the real deal or just all talk. If he sacks Kean then he has the opportunity to take things forward, if he doesn't then people who are willing to give him a chance will turn on him.

At the moment he doing some right things, he is challenging Kean/Agnew and succeeding, for example Kean wanted to sign Cox and for now Shebby has managed to block it, saying that we can do better than Cox. Let's see what happens over the next four weeks or so.

if he has the power to sack kean and manages to sack him... any manager worth their salt would want full control of who they bring in player wise not some malaysian pundit advising them or even telling them so what kind of manager would that leave us in the market for a Kean mark 2 ?? ( well no one can be as bad surely )

Actions do speak louder than words, and tbh we dont have many other options than to hope Shebby comes good for all the supporters.

Judge him on what he does in the next couple of months, dont hang him before he has had a chance. If we cant be positive about anything then why do we bother?

Exactly right, he's the best chance we've got

Exactly right, he's the best chance we've got

Yes, but then again at the same time apathy abounds and whilst no action is taken to even begin the healing process for the thousands of ST holders who have not renewed, by exiting the worst manager of BRFC with one of the poorest managerial records in top flight football, then he can expect more and more to switch off and turn away from The Rovers.

I have major reservations concerning him, he sounds much similar to what we've heard from our idiotic owners,

I am in no way convinced.

What I cannot understand is how a man that saw Kean as the next Paul Ince in 2011 before protests, called for his head at the end of last season while a pundit can come into the club without prejudice and give him a clean slate.

thats really all we need to know.

I cant understand those who say "give him a chance". The minute he got a job and began to earn s shitload of money, he changed his tune. Thats the sign of credibility right there.

Yes, but then again at the same time apathy abounds and whilst no action is taken to even begin the healing process for the thousands of ST holders who have not renewed, by exiting the worst manager of BRFC with one of the poorest managerial records in top flight football, then he can expect more and more to switch off and turn away from The Rovers.

I mave major reservations concerning him, he sounds much similar to what we've heard from our idiotic owners,

I am in no way convinced.

No-one's convinced, and yes we can keep going on about how far the club has fallen etc etc. But it has and the only thing that counts is stopping it falling further right now. Shebby's appointment IS something different; it would have been easier for them, himand his family not to send him to England if the plan was to leave things exactly the same. Is he up to it? No-one knows, but like I said,our hopes, slim as they are, rest entirely on him so I for one really hope he can make a difference.

Hoping that the owners sell to Bill Gates, reappoint Williams and Finn, bring back Jack Marshall as the magic sponge man and dig up Bob Cromptom to fill in at right back hasn't worked.

Basically he has been put there because the authorities have said Rovers need to communicate better with the fans and media. He is making the odd right noise and a lot of shocking noises. Wont be long until he is found out.

No-one's convinced, and yes we can keep going on about how far the club has fallen etc etc. But it has and the only thing that counts is stopping it falling further right now. Shebby's appointment IS something different; it would have been easier for them, himand his family not to send him to England if the plan was to leave things exactly the same. Is he up to it? No-one knows, but like I said,our hopes, slim as they are, rest entirely on him so I for one really hope he can make a difference.

Hoping that the owners sell to Bill Gates, reappoint Williams and Finn, bring back Jack Marshall as the magic sponge man and dig up Bob Cromptom to fill in at right back hasn't worked.

Well I can judge him on what he has been reported to have said and done as a pundit, plus what I have heard from him since he became involved and all I can say is that I am not impressed. He doesn't have two months to win round the support in my opinion.

Yes I agree we have little choice, though I was more hopeful of Carlos Slim in Mexico than Bill Gates :rolleyes:

I cannot be positive and hence the only other option open, is as I said apathy, one which this forty years+ supporter is sadly staring at.

Well I decided to get my season ticket this morning, do you want to know why, probably not but I'm going to tell you anyway, thread after thread after thread is slagging someone off be it fellow supporter or someone at the club,(Kean always deserves it of course, goes without saying).

Now Shebby is here trying to do something and lets be honest something no one else has done in 20 months which is what you were all complaining about - COMMUNICATION, what happens all I hear is he's a clown, dosent know what he's doing, goes on and on, it seems now no one is given the benefit of the doubt, well I'll give him that option and lets see what happens.

Oh and the main reason i decided to get my season ticket again, that's easy, remember there's a bronze statue just outside the Blackburn end, he was and always will be the greatest rovers fan, Uncle Jack, whoever owns us or which clown is the manager, I am not going to let his legacy down. Got mi tin hat ready. :rover:

Told you Glen! :(

If I'd been using a PC I'd have put a wink icon in there! It's called taking the mick. I've already made the point we've heard all this before and I was pulling Glens leg.

I will hold you to that, Give the guy a chance, crikey he does a radio interview and everyone jumps on the doom n gloom wagon,

What do you expect him to say on the radio, Oh by the way if Kean loses a couple of games he is out!!

I stand by my early observations

Not quite sure what you're holding me to - it was a micky take.

Now Shebby is here trying to do something and lets be honest something no one else has done in 20 months which is what you were all complaining about - COMMUNICATION, what happens all I hear is he's a clown, dosent know what he's doing, goes on and on, it seems now no one is given the benefit of the doubt, well I'll give him that option and lets see what happens.

Speak for yourself, I've had 20 months of 'communication' from Kean, the Rao brothers, Agnew and now Singh, I'm sick of hearing the same tripe from the lot of them.

I also listened to the interview and they are not easy things to do when the questions are pretty much all saying when will Kean be sacked.

I'd have to disagree here Glen. This is / was difficult for you and youve had to learn quickly how to deal with the situation.

Shebby on the other hand is a highly paid employee and a former TV pundit. Fielding these questions should not be a problem for him. It's what he gets paid to do.

Archived