BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Speak for yourself, I've had 20 months of 'communication' from Kean, the Rao brothers, Agnew and now Singh, I'm sick of hearing the same tripe from the lot of them.

This word "Communication" drives me crazy, Paul Agnew went and spun it when he was on BBC Lancashire. To credit Shebby last night that is the kind of communication some fans have been crying out for, even if he did make himself sound a little stupid by claiming a clean slate for the manager but players must be replaced or brought in etc. Agnew sounded like he was taking it to mean Steve Kean should talk even more than he does now, which must surely be impossible.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I decided to get my season ticket this morning . . .

I'm not slagging you off. I also find myself becoming optimistic, regardless of past history and my better judgement. I think if Shebby follows up his words with action, then the floodgates will open.

Most of us in normal circumstances would be more than willing to give any new recruit at the club the benefit of the doubt.

This courtesy has been afforded to all that have joined the club for as long as I can remember, be they in management or a playing role. To do this however requires a lasting confidence and trust in those making the decisions.

I and many others now are not prepared to glibly accept that people have been recruited for the correct reasons, nor have the correct qualifications, nor will make any difference to our current circumstances. Hence the benefit of the doubt being removed and wanting actions to speak louder than words.

I'm not slagging you off. I also find myself becoming optimistic, regardless of past history and my better judgement. I think if Shebby follows up his words with action, then the floodgates will open.

If by 'action' you mean sacking Kean then you are almost certainly correct.

Most of us in, in normal circumstances, would be more than willing to give any new recruit at the club the benefit of the doubt.

This courtesy has been afforded to all that have joined the club for as long as I can remember, be they in management or a playing role. To do this generally requires a lasting confidence and trust in those making the decisions.

I and many others now are not prepared to glibly accept that people have been recruited for the correct reasons, nor have the correct qualifications, nor will make any difference to our current circumstances. Hence the benfit of the doubt being removed.

Don't disagree at all, I certainly don't 'glibly' accept people, but hey what if, and my point was/is to support the legacy left us by Jack Walker irrespective of the current incumbents. (or should that be imbeciles)

What i don`t understand is ,Shebby has obviously been given the job and told "Oversee the club from now on,you are to give everyone a final chance" which he seems to be doing and he is getting slated for it.

Because many folk have lost faith in anything Venky's do.

I'm keeping an open mind and clinging to the hope that he's for real.

We will find out in the weeks ahead.

Because many folk have lost faith in anything Venky's do.

I'm keeping an open mind and clinging to the hope that he's for real.

We will find out in the weeks ahead.

I beg to differ. I think its about time they made an effort to win us over. All seems a bit one way to me.

What i don`t understand is ,Shebby has obviously been given the job and told "Oversee the club from now on,you are to give everyone a final chance" which he seems to be doing and he is getting slated for it.

Most understand this......but most fail to understand why Shebby Singh was deemed the most suitable person for the role in the first place and when his appointment is considered and taken in context with our laughable recruitment policy in ALL other areas of the club that alone casts major doubt on the guys abilities and suitability. Which may be a little unfair, but understandable surely? His grandiose tital adds to the intrigue and general confusion as well.

Don't disagree at all, I certainly don't 'glibly' accept people, but hey what if, and my point was/is to support the legacy left us by Jack Walker irrespective of the current incumbents. (or should that be imbeciles)

I was not responding to you EP. If you have renewed then it is clearly the best thing for you and your family and I appreciated the sentiment to JW. I have renewed also on the early bird deal, but it left a nasty taste in my mouth parting with my money as I am disgusted with how these owners have behaved and treated the club..

I beg to differ. I think its about time they made an effort to win us over. All seems a bit one way to me.

To be fair, this is a good point. Once again its the fans putting blind faith into someone that could just be another Venkys yes man, lying through his teeth in order to appease the masses.

Unfortunately we can only wait for the crunch time to come around to see where Shebbys stands. Kean's a complete and utter waste of time and space and i have no doubts that we will look nothing like a promotion chasing side with him as manager.

Shebby will be in a situation where he will be under pressure to pull the trigger on Kean soon enough but it's whether or not he actually has the power to do so which remains to be seen.

Most understand this......but most fail to understand why Shebby Singh was deemed the most suitable person for the role in the first place and when his appointment is considered and taken in context with our laughable recruitment policy in ALL other areas of the club that alone casts major doubt on the guys abilities and suitability. Which may be a little unfair, but understandable surely? His grandiose tital adds to the intrigue and general confusion as well.

I was not responding to you EP. If you have renewed then it is clearly the best thing for you and your family and I appreciated the sentiment to JW. I have renewed also on the early bird deal, but it left a nasty taste in my mouth parting with my money as I am disgusted with how these owners have behaved and treated the club..

Hey no worries, and again I agree with your sentiments, people do what they think best, at least the ones who are going will have a legit reason to complain if and when they are required . ahem :unsure:

Your naivety astounds me.

Shebby says: "Global Advisor loosely translated means assassin" - chuckle, chuckle - "You know what I mean!"

Yes, this was the best bit of the interview - a truly jaw-dropping moment where you have to ask yourself 'did he really say that ?'

It could just be that Shebby is game for a laugh or just that he is a bloody idiot. However, it has been said that there is some truth in jokes. I believe that sometimes that may be correct.

Could it be that he really will sack Kean when it becomes clear that we are not going to do well this season ?

Should we cling to this particular straw as I can't see any other way we are ever going to get rid of Kean.

I think it's more likely that they are less than thrilled about giving Kean compensation when there's a chance he may be better in a poorer league. Personally I have no faith in the guy. I think he'd struggle managing a Sunday league team. But, I think this is why Singh's hands are tied for the moment.

Kean won't be flying to India very much any more, spread his own brand of the truth. That's one good thing to come out of this.

He said to us when we were doing the Squashed Fox documentary interviews, that if results don't get better on the pitch there will be big changes and he's able to make those changes.

• Backroom

I'm giving him a chance because it doesn't make a difference if we write him off already.

Sure he should have sacked Kean already based on last season but if he remit is to judge from when he arrived then he probably can't.

I think it's more likely that they are less than thrilled about giving Kean compensation when there's a chance he may be better in a poorer league. Personally I have no faith in the guy. I think he'd struggle managing a Sunday league team. But, I think this is why Singh's hands are tied for the moment.

Kean won't be flying to India very much any more, spread his own brand of the truth. That's one good thing to come out of this.

He said to us when we were doing the Squashed Fox documentary interviews, that if results don't get better on the pitch there will be big changes and he's able to make those changes.

Agreed that Kean not now flying off to India to play happy families with his Mrs in tow, is definately a step in the right direction.

IUnless something reallyu positive happens on "his watch" then I wont accept or believe his words.

What is it anyone else has to see to understand what a clueless idiot is running the football club ? KEANSCUM has proven without a shred of doubt that he is the most inept manager of all time at Ewood. He has broken a well oiled machine with his sheer incompetence. That is the most evident thing on show backed up by a shocking record of results and performance statistics.

KEANSCUM epitomises all that is wrong within the walls of Ewood.

I wont return until he is gone, it is as simple as that.

Maybe his contacts in Asia do add value to the Global Ambassador role, but what qualifys him to run a championship club?

Can someone at the open floor meeting ask him if he has ever been to a live championship game?

Your naivety astounds me.

I aim to please lol ,seriously though ,reading between the lines Shebby wants Kean gone as well, it`s just a case of having to follow orders and bide his time.

I agree Kean has had a few too many chances already but you have also got to admit since Shebby has arrived we aren`t totally in the dark anymore,The process of signings etc have gone smoother and quicker ( remember last summer) and we haven`t had too listen to the muppet too much,IMO those are all improvements or steps in the right direction. The guys hands are tied ,he has to give Kean a last chance ,those are his orders .We just have to wait and see if he`s telling the truth about having the power when Kean cocks up again.......and we all know that IS going to happen..

Personally I think Shebby deserves a chance the same way anyone who is new to a job does.

Its a pity Venkys didn't give John Williams, Tom Finn, BFS a chance. If they had we would be in a dam sight better position than we are now.

I aim to please lol ,seriously though ,reading between the lines Shebby wants Kean gone as well, it`s just a case of having to follow orders and bide his time.

I agree Kean has had a few too many chances already but you have also got to admit since Shebby has arrived we aren`t totally in the dark anymore,The process of signings etc have gone smoother and quicker ( remember last summer) and we haven`t had too listen to the muppet too much,IMO those are all improvements or steps in the right direction. The guys hands are tied ,he has to give Kean a last chance ,those are his orders .We just have to wait and see if he`s telling the truth about having the power when Kean cocks up again.......and we all know that IS going to happen..

But ..... Shebby allegedly wants him sacked so when Venkys give him the job do they say'' right if you don't want him then you have the power to sack him but not now because we want to give him a chance''

So Shebby as Global Adviser comes over here and says he runs the club and has all the power necessary.

Well he hasn't has he? He can't make the one single decision which he must make to get the fans back on side -supposedly their stated aim .''We will not be happy till the fans are happy'' Venkys in india make all the decisions because they control the purse strings.

So you can only conclude that this whole charade is just hot air from people who just love hot air and that certainly includes Shebby who came across last night as a total tw4t who just loves the limelight he can hardly believe he has found himself in.

Stand by for his audience with the fans- it will be like the Xmas Panto's that go on there.He will revel in his own stage show so don't count on serious answers to serious questions.

Archived