BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought exactly the same

I'm just glad do many are finally seeing Nixon for what/who he is....the guy despises Blackburn! He actively tried to prevent Rhodes from coming to us and yet some of our fans still give him credence!!

He has no sources at Blackburn and scours fan sites for info using a scatter gun tactic which rarely yields anything...he's robbing a living!!

When did you start support Bolton Wanderers??? Way you talk you would think Freedman was great manager which he aint. good manager but walk out on Palace when in the top 6 and got promotion whlist Bolton didn't get promotion. looks a fool now for doing so.

Bolton squad isn't that good tbh. Back four last week look weak and too slow. need at least 4 or 5 players to even been challenging for Playoffs. that's is coming from 3 Bolton fans who go to most games I will speaking to today.

why do you keep wanting Rhodes to be sold? have another bet on it? where are these Bids for Rhodes you keep saying are coming in? 5 mil plus Craig Davies for Rhodes? are you taking the mick or something.

Plus where are Bolton getting 10 mil plus for Rhodes to be sold? even Bolton fans say they cant afford that deal. they are very surprise at buying Spearing.

I think Rhodes will NOT be sold.

Plus Bolton's Owner Eddie Davies cant not invest in the squad and meet the FFP rules!!! are Bolton going to break these rules?

exactly my point. Nixon will not answer the question.

Hahahahaha GO ON CHADDY LAD, this board wouldn't be the same without you, pure comedy, not in a bad way, in a good way, love it lad.

Chaddy:

I do not support Bolton after decades of following Rovers.

Bolton finished higher than we did last season and went on a storming run once Dougie had made his mark - the hallmark of a very good manager.

If you are smart enough and the owner(s) are inclined, there are ways around FFP which any half decent accountant and lawyer will find !

I have thought and said all along that Rhodes will go before the window shuts. IMO, our finances will dictate that as I think we are staring into the financial abyss. It will cost us approx. six or 7 million in order to cut the deadwood adrift - where do you think that money will come from ? I think it will be a 'vulture' buy, if Bolton, and Davies, plus 5 million plus add ons will have the Rovers' hierarchy salivating come the final days of the window.

I hope that I am wrong but I think the odds are stacked in my favour.

ok nixon , any rovers in comings ?

Not taking sides on the Rhodes debate but the penalty for breaching FFP once you are promoted is financial - doubt it will come even close to the 40 million to be gained by getting into the premier league :o

The lowest placed team in the EPL this coming season will get approx £ 63m, don't forget the new tv deal increased it by 70%

Just typing the above crazy figures got me thinking that maybe Venky's just might do something daft, and decide to blow everyone out of the

water close to the end of the transfer window.

Who knows if we start well and are in the top 3 or something.

Not taking sides on the Rhodes debate but the penalty for breaching FFP once you are promoted is financial - doubt it will come even close to the 40 million to be gained by getting into the premier league :o

Exactly, plus i think i read somewhere there are actually no penalties for 1st 2 seasons anyway. The belgian case should be interesting.

Very happy Pedersen has been told to bugger off, everything that is wrong with this club in that boy.

"oooo ooooo he's a loyal servant blah blah blah"

No - he's a garbage player that we're paying far too much who no-one else wants, why on earth would he have moved?

I'm not defending Mortens playing ability, but I really cant understand all the personal attacks on him, he's done nothing wrong and has always remained professional and dignified even with the years of abuse he's had.

It just seems lately like some on here are just looking for a new villain everyday now Agnew, Shabby and Kean are gone.

I'm not attacking him, I actually find him a decent chap and enjoy his blog

BUT

you can't make it out like he's been loyal, fending off offers from all and sundry, when in fact he's paid a ridiculous amount of money here and no-one else would dream of paying him so much.

I'm not attacking him, I actually find him a decent chap and enjoy his blog

BUT

you can't make it out like he's been loyal, fending off offers from all and sundry, when in fact he's paid a ridiculous amount of money here and no-one else would dream of paying him so much.

He's a professional football player, of course he's going to be well paid. We offered him a contract and he took it, what else was he meant to do? When we stopped picking him was he supposed to stop being paid?? I'm not saying that he's fended off other offers, but at the same time, you can't blame the guy for accepting a decent contract. He's done a lot more for this club then most who are currently here. He tries, he never speaks badly about the club or the fans and he has had some fine moments in blue and white. He's faded and now surplus to requirements. That's how sport works. He's not a legend but he shouldn't be hated either.

Anyway,

Rhodes won't go to Bolton.

I'm just glad do many are finally seeing Nixon for what/who he is....the guy despises Blackburn! He actively tried to prevent Rhodes from coming to us and yet some of our fans still give him credence!!

He has no sources at Blackburn and scours fan sites for info using a scatter gun tactic which rarely yields anything...he's robbing a living!!

no he doesn't, has good links with rovers going back 20 years, yes the guy sometimes throws his toys out of the pram but don't start making up bullshit

He's a professional football player, of course he's going to be well paid. We offered him a contract and he took it, what else was he meant to do? When we stopped picking him was he supposed to stop being paid?? I'm not saying that he's fended off other offers, but at the same time, you can't blame the guy for accepting a decent contract. He's done a lot more for this club then most who are currently here. He tries, he never speaks badly about the club or the fans and he has had some fine moments in blue and white. He's faded and now surplus to requirements. That's how sport works. He's not a legend but he shouldn't be hated either.

Anyway,

Rhodes won't go to Bolton.

Listen, I don't blame him at all, but loyalty has nothing to do with it, he accepted more money than he would get elsewhere, like most people would.

• Backroom

Listen, I don't blame him at all, but loyalty has nothing to do with it, he accepted more money than he would get elsewhere, like most people would.

Exactly, which is why I don't understand the personal attacks (and some of them really are). Why were the same accusations not levelled at Nelsen?

mercerman speaks some truths, not always but some, at least he doesn't try an sugar-coat things on here like some supporters.

what truths are these, or are you just making sweeping statements based on nothing? please be specific.

As for sugar-coating, you're confusing it for being a cautiously optimistic, which is better than being relentlessly miserable like you & Jal.

Archived