BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I give credit where credits due like on sunday but im not going to pretend like everythings ok again, I don't think we will get relegated but we wont be in the top half either, mercerman speaks honestly and bluntly about our predicament but some supporters want to stick their heads in the clouds, fair enough kean has gone but nothing much has changed anywhere else, I don't think bowyer is the right man for the job, I don't think he has the experience to take the club forward with the predicament we are in, yet some supporters are expecting us to magically challenge for the play-offs after last season relegation fight even though the playing squad hasn't vastly improved and we have a novice in charge.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give credit where credits due like on sunday but im not going to pretend like everythings ok again, I don't think we will get relegated but we wont be in the top half either, mercerman speaks honestly and bluntly about our predicament but some supporters want to stick their heads in the clouds, fair enough kean has gone but nothing much has changed anywhere else, I don't think bowyer is the right man for the job, I don't think he has the experience to take the club forward with the predicament we are in, yet some supporters are expecting us to magically challenge for the play-offs after last season relegation fight even though the playing squad hasn't vastly improved and we have a novice in charge.

IMO Bowyer has so far shown he has the knowledge to take the club forward - he recognised our short comings, how the football in this league is played - and has so far purchased players to take us forward. Every manager has to start from a position of relative inexperience - the way Bowyer has handled himself and the overhaul of the squad IMO shows great promise. I am prepared to give him time prior to dismissing his ability.

FPP isn't needed at all. At the very top it's so the biggest teams can continually dominate.

At our level, it's so only big city clubs can go up as that will sell the most Sky Sports subscriptions.

If you've got a chairman/owner who's willing to pump money in the club then good on you. I don't remember us complaining in the 90s.

Mercer, I have always enjoyed your contributions on here. I think I have told you this before, but in my mind you are Swiss Tony and by god it makes me laugh. But I swear to almighty god, if you use the term "wee Dougie" again then I can't be held responsible for my actions.

no he doesn't, has good links with rovers going back 20 years, yes the guy sometimes throws his toys out of the pram but don't start making up bullshit

Good links?? Name one!!! You're the one talking bullshit mate...save it for someone who's arsed what you think!!....Rover-and-out !

Good links?? Name one!!! You're the one talking bullshit mate...save it for someone who's arsed what you think!!....Rover-and-out !

well his favourite "a club source" "ewood mole" got potted not long ago and crawled back into the undergrowth, but no doubts he does have links unfortunately more of a promotion avenue mainly connected to his boner for a couple of Scottish managers and the FA's favourite approved Agent

So, erm, any sign of the possible loan striker?

Ha ha sorry mate I like to try and keep on thread myself but the love for Nicko frustrates the life outa me...

Someone mention Luke Moore??

well his favourite "a club source" "ewood mole" got potted not long ago and crawled back into the undergrowth, but no doubts he does have links unfortunately more of a promotion avenue mainly connected to his boner for a couple of Scottish managers and the FA's favourite approved Agent

100% right! The guy is a fraud and a Rovers hater!

Chaddy:

I do not support Bolton after decades of following Rovers.

Bolton finished higher than we did last season and went on a storming run once Dougie had made his mark - the hallmark of a very good manager.

If you are smart enough and the owner(s) are inclined, there are ways around FFP which any half decent accountant and lawyer will find !

I have thought and said all along that Rhodes will go before the window shuts. IMO, our finances will dictate that as I think we are staring into the financial abyss. It will cost us approx. six or 7 million in order to cut the deadwood adrift - where do you think that money will come from ? I think it will be a 'vulture' buy, if Bolton, and Davies, plus 5 million plus add ons will have the Rovers' hierarchy salivating come the final days of the window.

I hope that I am wrong but I think the odds are stacked in my favour.

Absolute joke post.

You started out here with snippets from twitter and bookies, and now you've become Boltons answer to Damien Comolli. The only difference is, through sheer frustration of the lack of news - you've taken the Saxo/WUM route.

Rather than come up with stories or listen to you "one true source" in Nixon (who, lest we forget, is a journo for THE MIRROR!!, the biggest piece in publication of @#/? bar the Sun) - why not do as your promised us a few weeks ago - leave the board. I am sure the LET forums will jump on the "I hope I am wrong but" bandwagon.

As for me, (and what seems the rest of this board) i'm bored of the scandalmongering and negative slant on every single level of discussion, and do not get me wrong this is not just you.

Just to nip this in the bud, and actually answer some other parts of your post; (something you cannot do. You see less than Arsene Wenger) If FFP is so easy to get round then why would we have to worry with billionaire owners?

Finally - don't refer to Eddie Davies in the "uncle" way on this board, it is disgusting. And that goes for "wee Dougie" also - terms of endearment are reserved for ex- or current Rovers employees who deserve them - and If you fancy a Notlob love in, I'll pay for the taxi to Burnden.

Absolute joke post.

leave the board.

Finally - don't refer to Eddie Davies in the "uncle" way on this board, it is disgusting. And that goes for "wee Dougie" also - terms of endearment are reserved for ex- or current Rovers employees who deserve them - and If you fancy a Notlob love in, I'll pay for the taxi to Burnden.

Well said, I wish people would be a little straighter like this on here. Never shared a convo on here with mercerman, never want to. His posts are beyond boring now. Honest to Christ, who can say the words 'Uncle Eddie' and not want to throw themselves out of the window in disgust?

Also, I can't believe people are still talking about Bolton. Who cares about Bolton? No-one. Their never ending attempt to strike up a serious rivalry with us has grown tiresome, I hate Burnley and just dislike the rest. I also can't understand why folk are still entertaining this whole Rhodes - Bolton thing, they know & we know it's b*llocks.

• Moderation Lead

Well said, I wish people would be a little straighter like this on here. Never shared a convo on here with mercerman, never want to. His posts are beyond boring now. Honest to Christ, who can say the words 'Uncle Eddie' and not want to throw themselves out of the window in disgust?

Also, I can't believe people are still talking about Bolton. Who cares about Bolton? No-one. Their never ending attempt to strike up a serious rivalry with us has grown tiresome, I hate Burnley and just dislike the rest. I also can't understand why folk are still entertaining this whole Rhodes - Bolton thing, they know & we know it's b*llocks.

Folk talking straight, and taking sense. I could get used to more of that on here!!

well todate the signing that GB has made and the type of football played is far better then it has been. however that is not to say that everthing is back to how it was. its just that its great to se the ciub going on the right lines at last

Absolute joke post.

You started out here with snippets from twitter and bookies, and now you've become Boltons answer to Damien Comolli. The only difference is, through sheer frustration of the lack of news - you've taken the Saxo/WUM route.

Rather than come up with stories or listen to you "one true source" in Nixon (who, lest we forget, is a journo for THE MIRROR!!, the biggest piece in publication of kean bar the Sun) - why not do as your promised us a few weeks ago - leave the board. I am sure the LET forums will jump on the "I hope I am wrong but" bandwagon.

As for me, (and what seems the rest of this board) i'm bored of the scandalmongering and negative slant on every single level of discussion, and do not get me wrong this is not just you.

Just to nip this in the bud, and actually answer some other parts of your post; (something you cannot do. You see less than Arsene Wenger) If FFP is so easy to get round then why would we have to worry with billionaire owners?

It is each member's right to express an opinion in their own style providing it is not abusive and does not bring the threat of a legal threat to this site.

It is a pity that you have nothing of value to say about football in your post and that you resort to a personal attack - I would go and see a doctor.

Agree with Mercerman (did I just say that lol) two pages of Mercer bashing, which has added what to the discussion? Personally cannot see Rhodes leaving on the cheap. 10 million plus would certainly be tempting...

Keep posting Mercerman, you're more entertaining than most people on here who seem take this board way too seriously and resort to personal abuse when they see something they don't like.

Nothing wrong with reminding people that our financial position is hardly rosy and we might have to sell some of our key assets - we've hardly recouped much this summer yet have we?

Interesting thing with Nixon - his Scottish fervour seems to cloud his judgement - not only with his two favourite managers Coyle and Freedman (also most likely two of his best sources) - but also to our own Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes is right up there with finishers we have had at the club - but his lack of pace and strength to hold up the ball means he is a long way from the finished article. Reading what Nixon says - all Bolton need to do is sign Rhodes to guarantee promotion - which IMO is way off the mark.

We've just signed Spearing. For money and a considerable wage. This has filled our midfield vacancy. (Though I believe you were 100% certain we'd not be signing Spearing). Hate to say I told you so but....

Anyhow we won't be signing Rhodes. Freedman would like to sign him - he's said so. But also as he's said no championship clubs will be spending that sort of money on one player, certainly not us.

You're in debt so you won't be signing anyone else.

Chaddy:

I do not support Bolton after decades of following Rovers.

Bolton finished higher than we did last season and went on a storming run once Dougie had made his mark - the hallmark of a very good manager.

If you are smart enough and the owner(s) are inclined, there are ways around FFP which any half decent accountant and lawyer will find !

I have thought and said all along that Rhodes will go before the window shuts. IMO, our finances will dictate that as I think we are staring into the financial abyss. It will cost us approx. six or 7 million in order to cut the deadwood adrift - where do you think that money will come from ? I think it will be a 'vulture' buy, if Bolton, and Davies, plus 5 million plus add ons will have the Rovers' hierarchy salivating come the final days of the window.

I hope that I am wrong but I think the odds are stacked in my favour.

All this credibility from the man who said we would definitely have new owners before the start of the season.

I don`t understand why people bang on about if Rhodes goes it`ll be 10 million to such and such a club. We paid 8 million for the player and was there not a sell on clause for something like 2 million, not only that, if we are going to be forced to sell our most valuable asset, any business person is going to want to make a decent profit of at least say 4-5 million. In my reckoning that puts Rhodes in the 15 million value bracket to our club. Cannot see a lot of clubs paying that fee, especially Bolton. Now before people scoff at that valuation, getting back to the prem is worth at least a 100+ million to us with promotion payments and even if we get relegated, parachute payments. Rhodes aint going nowhere, our owners might make some stupid decisions but that won`t be one of them.

Archived