BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind Franco DiSanto back seeing as though Wigan have released him. Would be a good back-up to Best & Rhodes.

Better than Best , IMO

Just been looking at his record on wiki and reading a bit of old stuff/reports etc,

He could be useful in this league big, strong, holds the ball quite well as I remember,

and has got a hell of a shot on him at times, not prolific in the Prem, but easier to

score in the Champ, did'nt realize he is 6' 4". can imagine him laying a few on for JR.

And only 24.

Think Di Santo would link up well with Rhodes too.

Though I can't see us signing another striker. We've put ourselves in a corner really. Rhodes is more suited to having a number 10 supporting him but we paid big and are paying big wages for Best - who we won't shift - so surely we can't let him go to waste. So we'll have to stick with a system that doesn't suit our best player, but at least incorporates our second highest paid (I'd guess) player.

Such a shame Rochina picked up that injury, but I was resigned to losing him so it's great that we still have him when he is back.

Make a bid for Tom Huddleston from Spurs, sit him in the 'Tugay' role sat in front of the back four. Move Jason Lowe to right back, play 2 wide and 2 central mids, 2 of which in an advanced role to support Rhodes, job done IMO.......

wigan fan here.

di santo was incredibly frustrating for us. he's capable of utilise his strength and aerial ability to hold up the ball really well, drawing lots of fouls, can be a nightmare on set plays and generally be a real handful for the opposition. also has a very good long shot - but more often than not he'd disappear for 90 mins which explains why he spent the back end of last year on the bench and was then released.

if he ever figures out how to perform consistently then he'll be a very useful player, but i'm glad he's not our problem any more.

Think Di Santo would link up well with Rhodes too.

Though I can't see us signing another striker. We've put ourselves in a corner really. Rhodes is more suited to having a number 10 supporting him but we paid big and are paying big wages for Best - who we won't shift - so surely we can't let him go to waste. So we'll have to stick with a system that doesn't suit our best player, but at least incorporates our second highest paid (I'd guess) player.

Such a shame Rochina picked up that injury, but I was resigned to losing him so it's great that we still have him when he is back.

Yeah suppose you're right, Best ain't going anywhere soon, get the impression Bowyer is'nt kean on him though.

wigan fan here.

di santo was incredibly frustrating for us. he's capable of utilise his strength and aerial ability to hold up the ball really well, drawing lots of fouls, can be a nightmare on set plays and generally be a real handful for the opposition. also has a very good long shot - but more often than not he'd disappear for 90 mins which explains why he spent the back end of last year on the bench and was then released.

if he ever figures out how to perform consistently then he'll be a very useful player, but i'm glad he's not our problem any more.

Thanks for that, we had him on loan before he signed for you, Big Sam only ever used him as a sub really, just thought he may be better

at a lower level.

Make a bid for Tom Huddleston from Spurs, sit him in the 'Tugay' role sat in front of the back four. Move Jason Lowe to right back, play 2 wide and 2 central mids, 2 of which in an advanced role to support Rhodes, job done IMO.......

Huddlestone would not come to Rovers, nor could we afford him.

A total bolt from the blue but I'd move heaven and earth to sign Tom Huddleston from Spurs (I'm assuming he's still there) to play the 'Tugay role', sat in front of the back 4.

He is strong, has great vision, can spray the ball about for fun to open up defences and has a great shot.

Move Lowe to right back.

IMO could be a vital part of the jigsaw..........

A total bolt from the blue but I'd move heaven and earth to sign Tom Huddleston from Spurs (I'm assuming he's still there) to play the 'Tugay role', sat in front of the back 4.

He is strong, has great vision, can spray the ball about for fun to open up defences and has a great shot.

Move Lowe to right back.

IMO could be a vital part of the jigsaw..........

as far as i know our wage bill is already causing us a big problem, so extremely unlikely i would say. our current predicament is for real you know, we really are just a championship club now..

as far as i know our wage bill is already causing us a big problem, so extremely unlikely i would say. our current predicament is for real you know, we really are just a championship club now..

And your point is........

Would I be right in assuming you've applied for Karen Silk's job?

What and how deep is our 'predicament'?

Christ, we're in The Championship, I wondered why Yeovil and Bournemouth were on the fixture list. Thanks Saxo, you've stopped me scratching my head.

Di Santo really wouldn't be a bad option, you know.

Much superior to Best and would create a lot for Rhodes (not just assists, creating space, etc).

And Formica should really be given a shot in the hole in Rochina's absence, considering it's his actual position.

I can imagine he'd do well there.

Archived