BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Formica should really be given a shot in the hole in Rochina's absence, considering it's his actual position.

I can imagine he'd do well there.

Won't be a popular opinion (carlos kickaball etc.), but I agree with it. Formica is suited to playing off the front-man, he's just never been given a run in that position. He was mainly employed as a central or right mid (where he constantly drifted inside). Technically not in Rochina's league (who is?), but he's got some skills and he's no slacker. We could do a lot worse.

Boro had 1 million bid turned down today for Malmo Striker Tokelo Rantie..... Bournemouth along with Rovers are also in for him ....

Benni MCarthy has told him about Rovers and even put his name forward to Rovers ...would sign for Rovers if it came down to choice ..

Malmo playing hard ball.....

Ideal replacement for striker problems ... Quick ..

Surely we will be looking at getting a striker on loan until January instead of buying ?

Until we get rid of some of the deadwood I can't see us competing with any championship club for signings so if Boro have had a bid rejected I doubt we would come in with a better offer.

I think our best bet is to get a striker from the Premier League on loan who is down the pecking order who has something to prove.

Easier said than done but I'm sure there are some players available.

A total bolt from the blue but I'd move heaven and earth to sign Tom Huddleston from Spurs (I'm assuming he's still there) to play the 'Tugay role', sat in front of the back 4.

He is strong, has great vision, can spray the ball about for fun to open up defences and has a great shot.

Move Lowe to right back.

IMO could be a vital part of the jigsaw..........

Why not go back in for Xavi Alonso.

In fact, if we can 'scurt' round FFP and build a time machine, we could just pick up a 21 year old Tugay.

Boro had 1 million bid turned down today for Malmo Striker Tokelo Rantie..... Bournemouth along with Rovers are also in for him ....

Benni MCarthy has told him about Rovers and even put his name forward to Rovers ...would sign for Rovers if it came down to choice ..

Malmo playing hard ball.....

Ideal replacement for striker problems ... Quick ..

watched him against Swansea in 2ng leg of cup last week. He only came on as sub for last 20ish but he looked quick and willing to run in behind defence. not something we've got at the moment so would be a good option. It worries me that we're only looking for loan deals though.

Why not go back in for Xavi Alonso.

In fact, if we can 'scurt' round FFP and build a time machine, we could just pick up a 21 year old Tugay.

Great idea, I missed that one!

At what point does FFP figure in my suggestion? Is FFP even enforceable?

I made the point 'looking outside the box' based on a quality player who may be attracted to a move, be affordable and IMO would compliment the players currently in the squad.

Great idea, I missed that one!

At what point does FFP figure in my suggestion? Is FFP even enforceable?

I made the point 'looking outside the box' based on a quality player who may be attracted to a move, be affordable and IMO would compliment the players currently in the squad.

So a player who plays for a top 6 premier league team on most likely at least £30k a week in the near prime of his career; would drop to a mid table championship team with a wage bill they are trying to lower, when the better options and interested parties are other 15 premier league teams, and likely 5 championship teams (amongst many top european). Not to mention he probably lives in London....

I don't call that thinking "outside the box", I call that being "off your box"

I know I'm always banging on about being positive, but this is a little far fetched in my eyes.

FFP is just an excuse there are so many loop holes for example the Venkys could buy an Indian premier league club sign the players through that then loan or give them to Blackburn similar to what Watford are doing. They could also sponsor an ad board for millions using one of there other businesses which isn't associated with owning the club. It would be obvious to everyone what they are doing but at the moment not illegal.

FFP is just an excuse there are so many loop holes for example the Venkys could buy an Indian premier league club sign the players through that then loan or give them to Blackburn similar to what Watford are doing. They could also sponsor an ad board for millions using one of there other businesses which isn't associated with owning the club. It would be obvious to everyone what they are doing but at the moment not illegal.

But then there`s a chance folk might accuse them of making dodgy decisions. :rolleyes:

watched him against Swansea in 2ng leg of cup last week. He only came on as sub for last 20ish but he looked quick and willing to run in behind defence. not something we've got at the moment so would be a good option. It worries me that we're only looking for loan deals though.

If we're only allowed one more permanent signing, a winger is our priority imo.

DJ, Rhodes, Best and Rochina, with one striker in on loan is fine by me.

So a player who plays for a top 6 premier league team on most likely at least £30k a week in the near prime of his career; would drop to a mid table championship team with a wage bill they are trying to lower, when the better options and interested parties are other 15 premier league teams, and likely 5 championship teams (amongst many top european). Not to mention he probably lives in London....

I don't call that thinking "outside the box", I call that being "off your box"

I know I'm always banging on about being positive, but this is a little far fetched in my eyes.

Logic:

1. Bit part player for Spurs for several seasons.

2. Ossie Ardiles, Steve Archibald, Duncan McKenzie; remember them? Or is it a case of who?

3. MGP, Etuhu and others are on £35k plus so I guess £30k wouldn't be an issue.

Just an opinion, as I'm climbing back onto my box and may not be as far fetched as you think!

Logic:

2. Ossie Ardiles, Steve Archibald, Duncan McKenzie; remember them? Or is it a case of who?

Just an opinion, as I'm climbing back onto my box and may not be as far fetched as you think!

Not having a go here but Fulham are in for him and any team who's just been promoted would sign way before he has to think about us. Not a chance.

I'd like a Benayoun type player but I recon our chances of getting him are about as good as getting someone like Huddlestone!

Logic:

Your entitled to your opinion fella and I agree we have had a few coups down the years but football is mega different nowadays. No chance.

Not having a go here but Fulham are in for him and any team who's just been promoted would sign way before he has to think about us. Not a chance.

I'd like a Benayoun type player but I recon our chances of getting him are about as good as getting someone like Huddlestone!

I agree with you but just wanted to point the "not having a go here but" because it made me laugh.

Reminded me of thee old "I'm not a racist but.."

:)

You're probably right Neal, who knows though.

I was just thinking what type of player in my opinion do we need most and I think a cultured anchorman who can pick a pass that sits in front of the back 4. Huddlestone fits the bill perfectly, may be pie in the sky but who knows.

That would also enable Jason Lowe, the square peg in a round hole, to revert to his best and most comfortable position, right back.

Just an opinion!

• Moderation Lead

Huddlestone would be a good signing, but then again, so would Messi or C Ronaldo.

There's about as much chance of the latter coming as the former I'd wager.

it doesn`t take a genius to work out we need people off the wage bill asap, being as how it`s been stated a few times in the press by bowyer..

FFS Saxo, are you really taking the p155 or are you serious? I'm not going to rise to your latest comment other than to let you know I've heard it on the grapevine Claret Tony is really missing you!...

Archived