BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I think we are entering silly season. Tom Huddlestone for Rovers. How could that happen? Might as well go in for Duncan Edwards or the large breasted squaw from Billy the Fish to bolster our midfield if we are getting so fanciful.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are entering silly season. Tom Huddlestone for Rovers. How could that happen? Might as well go in for Duncan Edwards or the large breasted squaw from Billy the Fish to bolster our midfield if we are getting so fanciful.

Indeed.

One doing the rounds that might just have some legs is Shola Ameobi on loan.

This article starts to lose its credibility around the point where it says 'with the likes of Judge, Marrow and England Under 21 midfielder Jason Lowe impressing'. Whilst by most accounts Judge has done well, opinion on the other two is hugely divided at best. With the 'crap' side of the divide being far larger. Surely if you're going to pick out our star performers so far, you should be mentioning Spurr and Taylor way before even thinking about Marrow and Lowe.

Guest Norbert

Indeed.

One doing the rounds that might just have some legs is Shola Ameobi on loan.

Sweet Jesus effing christ don't say that! Strolla is one of the worst strikers ever to play in the Premier League. Heskey is Alan Shearer when compared to him.

Sweet Jesus effing christ don't say that! Strolla is one of the worst strikers ever to play in the Premier League. Heskey is Alan Shearer when compared to him.

Fair old record in the Championship with Newcastle 3 seasons ago. Horses for courses ?

Henley starts for the U21s so he should be back in the first team soon enough.

The under 21 have nothing coming through and feel sorry for Eric Kinder .. ... Feel for him...

O Sullivan is the Only player worth his weight in Gold and he's mostly injured....

Guest Norbert

Just checked. Good record in this division, but 50 goals in around 300 appearances over his career shows he is pants. At least Emile Heskey put himself about and did a lot of work (even if he had the shooting ability of Douglas Barder).

Boro had 1 million bid turned down today for Malmo Striker Tokelo Rantie..... Bournemouth along with Rovers are also in for him ....

Benni MCarthy has told him about Rovers and even put his name forward to Rovers ...would sign for Rovers if it came down to choice ..

Malmo playing hard ball.....

Ideal replacement for striker problems ... Quick ..

Rantie is a real talent, but probably not what we need right now. Very fast, great technical ability but he still has very little in terms of footballing brains and needs some serious work on his finishing. There are better players out there that are more suited to us, especially as the price will definitely be above £1 million. Malmö have in recent (ish) years sold Ibrahimovic for £7.3 million, Toivonen for £4 million and Rosenberg for £4.1 million, meaning that they're in no financial need to sell and are no mugs at the negotiating table.

Fair old record in the Championship with Newcastle 3 seasons ago. Horses for courses ?

Not bad at all but he was playing in a stupidly good Newcastle side for this league. Nolan and Barton in CM with an on fire Andy Carroll.

Don't rate Shola that much, I've seen Newcastle a few times in the past. He needs about 5 chances before he hits the back of the net.

no thanks. not the player we need.

Chaddy - I agree, all I said was that it was another name doing the rounds.

My choice would be Carlisle's Beck who I think will go on to become one of England's finest centre forwards - I think he has real talent and amazing potential.

Chaddy - I agree, all I said was that it was another name doing the rounds.

My choice would be Carlisle's Beck who I think will go on to become one of England's finest centre forwards - I think he has real talent and amazing potential.

At least Beck seams to be a clean living lad, he is a keen gardener and regularly partakes in landscape gardening in his spare time.

He also has an interest in interior design and fabrics - good old wiki !

Should go down well at Ewood with our bunch of miscreants.

At least Beck seams to be a clean living lad, he is a keen gardener and regularly partakes in landscape gardening in his spare time.

He also has an interest in interior design and fabrics - good old wiki !

Should go down well at Ewood with our bunch of miscreants.

You might have just made him appear on Venky's radar, whilst he's not playing he can mow the pitch and they can get rid of the ground staff :)

Rantie is good but I would say if you want a cheaper option who may be better Rovers should try and get Mustafa El Kabir from Häcken in Sweden....

Also Elfsborg on loan Celtic striker Mohammed Bangura...is a tip....played really well against Celtic also right back Johan Larsson.

Maybe Bowyer want Shola and Best strike partnership?

Unleaded: Where is John Lundstram? You said Rovers agreed deal?

Having watched Cairney at Carlisle, he may be best deployed in a deep creative role alongside Corry Evans. If so, it begs the question of whether we go 2 up front or have a link player, like Rochina? Personally, I'd go with a link man but who? Do we go for a winger / play Nunes & move Judge to play in the hole? Or do we go for a short term whilst Ruben is out? What about our Utd link? Januzaj? Powell?

Think we need to solve this before Friday.

we put nunes in the hole. He is a rochina clone and i am certain he could do a job there.

Archived