BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we put nunes in the hole. He is a rochina clone and i am certain he could do a job there.

Good shout. Couldn't say with absolute certainty it would work but I've liked the look of him whenever I've seen him play.

From what little I've seen of them can't for the life of me understand why him in particular and Rosado to a lesser extent are never given a chance. Give them a reasonable run in the team and if they can't hack it then, fine, get rid. But it's pointless having them hanging round indefinitely and never giving them an opportunity.

Won't go wrong with Rantie. Will be break Bennis SA scoring record given the chance. He will be snapped up by far better clubs than Rovers, so if Rovers want him, they should act now if they are genuinely interested. He can play across the midfield as well, both as a winger and creative midfielder.

If Rovers want a very good midfielder, they should look at the Egyptian lad Mohammed Abutrikka.

Normally I don't mention players we're not linked with. But we should be all over Stefan Johansen at Stromsgodset. Best player in the Norwegian league and the brain behind the Norwegian U-21 success in the Euros (including brushing England aside). Playmaker with wonderful vision who also put in a shift defensively. 22 years old. A lot more mobile than Cairney who is on a 6 month loan. Would reckon we could get him for 1.5 - 2 mill pounds.

LOANING Dann out? That's a horrendous idea. Hope that's BS. Sell him for good money, sure, but loaning out one of our first team defenders is madness unless there's a big loan fee attached. His wage might well be decent (something like 30k a week now I assume?) but he'd need replacing, and a new centre half would need to gel with Hanley. It would be an utter false economy.

LOANING Dann out? That's a horrendous idea. Hope that's BS. Sell him for good money, sure, but loaning out one of our first team defenders is madness unless there's a big loan fee attached. His wage might well be decent (something like 30k a week now I assume?) but he'd need replacing, and a new centre half would need to gel with Hanley. It would be an utter false economy.

He's not irreplaceable in my book. Kilgallon would probably do as good a job. Given what we paid for Dann he's not been a roaring success.

He's not irreplaceable in my book. Kilgallon would probably do as good a job. Given what we paid for Dann he's not been a roaring success.

He is not irreplaceable, but Kilgallon to my mind carries injury concerns, Givets head/heart isn't in it. Doesn't leave a lot then apart from young inexperienced defenders. So to me loaning out isn't an option. I do think theres a chance of Songoo being good enough but it will take time.

If Dann is to go we need to sell not loan. If both Givet and Dann go then we need another cb. We may need another one if Dann goes anyway. Wouldn't be a problem if Givets issues were sorted....he is obviously good enough

• Backroom

........ Wouldn't be a problem if Givets issues were sorted....he is obviously good enough

Bold statement that. I don't see how he is obviously good enough for anything at the moment. He used to be good enough many years ago, but how he would perform as a regular in a Championship team is anyone's guess as far as I can see. Even if he did get his head right, we haven't seen him perform regurlarly for so long now and at a vital stage in his career having crossed the 30 year old mark, there is no guarantees he could replicate the form he showed when he was younger, fitter, and more committed.

Matthew Upson was highly rated as a CB until he turned 31, at which point he was promptly dropped from the England team and became a back-up player for Stoke, a mid table Prem team.

I took a few neutral pals to the Carlisle game, and without me promting or mentioning it, they both highlighted Givet and started asking me about him. They thought he stood out from the others on the pitch as inferior, and couldn't believe how knackered he looked after 25mins or so when he was defending in front of our fans in the corner. Just a few peoples opinions I know, but they were neutral and had no bias and were basically laughing at the fact that he was a professional footballer on x amount a week. i explained how he wasn't a professional footballer but more a professional bench sitter for the last few years which made more sense to them.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with losing a centre back and letting the window shut counting on Givet as one of our main players. Far too many question marks for me, and a very risky move.

It's not about whether he could be replaced. He would still need replacing, and a loan would leave us without enough money to replace him. He's a first teamer, you don't loan them out unless you utterly have to (usually if they're majorly kicking off).

Formica landed in Mexico City today along with his wife and will go through a very thorough Medical before signing a 3 year deal.... Just got a feeling something will show on a x-ray... :(

I really hope they can't tell if someone is slow and crap on an X-ray or we'll be stuck with him. I was kind of hoping they might just adopt the Steve Kean approach. "Mauro Formica? AKA Gato? That sounds bloody exotic! We'll take him"

I really hope they can't tell if someone is slow and crap on an X-ray or we'll be stuck with him. I was kind of hoping they might just adopt the Steve Kean approach. "Mauro Formica? AKA Gato? That sounds bloody exotic! We'll take him"

I can understand this view of him but imagine how this signing could have turned out under a better manager... There were times when the lad looked good. This is the actual definition of 'a waste of money'.

I can understand this view of him but imagine how this signing could have turned out under a better manager... There were times when the lad looked good. This is the actual definition of 'a waste of money'.

I am with you on this. The lad isn't blessed with great pace but has decent vision and can finish. Would have liked a manager to get him properly fit and to have given him a decent run in his favoured position (in the hole).

An awful lot of money to write-off.

I am with you on this. The lad isn't blessed with great pace but has decent vision and can finish. Would have liked a manager to get him properly fit and to have given him a decent run in his favoured position (in the hole).

An awful lot of money to write-off.

an awful lot of money in wages we`d have to pay him if he stayed.. moving out unwanted big earners like this is what will keep the likes of rhodes, and possibly dann, at the club, i`m sure much to your disappointment `well known tabloid journalist`..

"In the hole," you say? :rock:

an awful lot of money in wages we`d have to pay him if he stayed.. moving out unwanted big earners like this is what will keep the likes of rhodes, and possibly dann, at the club, i`m sure much to your disappointment `well known tabloid journalist`..

Saxo, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Archived