BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Results due on his medical at 10pm.... Will be signing a 3 year contract IF he passes ....took his own doctor with him to say that UAE club were out of order saying what they said......

Think its a case of 1 out 1 in...Kean with his signings has put this club many many years.....you have to feel for GB...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10610772.No_bids_for_Blackburn_Rovers_star_Jordan_Rhodes/

is it just me or does this just say come on make us an offer we can refuse , why keep bringing it up ?

That's the way it comes across to me as well. If there's been no offers for Rhodes, there's nothing to say and certainly no need to draw attention to the fact. The article comes across as "Please buy our players - especially Rhodes. No reasonable offer refused."

It may be the fault of the LT for bringing it up in the first place but the message from the Club should be quite unequivocal. "No key players will be allowed to leave at this late stage."

Like who? Mick McCarthy was on tv the other day stating how little money there was in the Championship, and how most signnings this summer have been freebies. He's right. Apart from Qpr (Samba & Prem money) Wigan (Kone & Prem money) Waford (pretend money) there has been very little spent.

Watford have brought some quality players in, forest spent very well, QPR and Wigan obviously, Reading brought in a quality player in Drenthe and can see them bringing in a couple of more quality players. Leeds have spent on a couple of quality signing, Bolton have brought in Beckford and Spearing, Huddersfield have spent a fair whack as well this summer. Then there is us whom have brought in 11 players. With that, I think the 8 aforementioned clubs will be in the top 12 this year, the other 4 coming from Brighton, Leicester, Derby and Ipswich (who themselves have brough in a few good additions).

So the windows closure looms closer and we start seeing more press about Rhodes and bids/offers, shock horror.

I said it at the start of the summer but main priority should have been the boardroom and sorting the clubs infrastructure. I don't see United saying we've had no bids for Rooney, their message is clear, he's not for sale at any price. Ours?

Forest have spent well ... Like Billy always does

Wilson £2.5 Million

Jack Hobbs £1 million

Jamie Mackie... £1 million

2m euros on Djamel Abdoun.

Also want Vaz Te and Sako & Billy Sharp......

I also think GB has bought very well but just been

Unlucky with Injuries to key players .....

I still lament the fact we didn't snap Billy up last Season, (bloody Shebby Singh).

• Backroom

Don't forget we did go for three players that would have been assets at this level and agreed the fee in at least one case, maybe 2?

I'm talking about Murphy, McClean and Spearing-----all chose somewhere else.

Murphy: we cocked up.

McClean: IF we were in the running for sure, then he chose the side most likely to be promoted. Fair enough.

Spearing: Wanted Prem or where he played last year. Fair enough.

Don't forget we did go for three players that would have been assets at this level and agreed the fee in at least one case, maybe 2?

Not sure if we were ever realistically in the hunt for McClean, but the other 2 fell down solely over personal terms it would appear. Nothing to do with GB or the Club not being attractive enough.

Results due on his medical at 10pm.... Will be signing a 3 year contract IF he passes ....took his own doctor with him to say that UAE club were out of order saying what they said......

Think its a case of 1 out 1 in...Kean with his signings has put this club many many years.....you have to feel for GB...

I think that's a key point. Kean's signings have completely hamstrung the club for at least the next 12 months. The likes of Etuhu, Formica, Orr,Dann and Best iwill be on huge wages for the Championship.

Does anyone know if the FFP rules apply just to transfer fees, or wages as well?

Doesn't mean just because there is little money involved that there's not been good signings made. Although you are right in as much as the days of big transfer fees seem to be diminishing at this level. But even restricted to frees and smaller fees some clubs have done some very good business - Reading, Bolton and Ipswich seem to have strengthened well to name but three.

yes you're right, i was reading Kamy's post wrongly as a comment on the spending power of clubs. Like you say, the days of big spending at our level are gone, and for most clubs probably never existed. Our spending last summer was ridiculous, especially so considering the idiots who were in charge of spending it.

Joe Mason from Cardiff is a player being linked.....heard good things about him .......looks like big spending days are long gone....

scored a few for Cardiff last year, think they got him from Plymouth. Not particularly big or quick, he always srtuck me as quite lightweight, but a good finisher. Probably a good lad and hard working. Fits the GB profile. Not the type to get the pulses racing of the MB'ers who like a bit of 'flash' in their playerstongue.png

• Backroom

A pal of mines says Bolton are in for David Bardsley from Sunderland.

Phil Bardsley?

If so he just got injured for ten weeks, I'm sure his £50 notes will keep him company though

Doesn't mean just because there is little money involved that there's not been good signings made. Although you are right in as much as the days of big transfer fees seem to be diminishing at this level. But even restricted to frees and smaller fees some clubs have done some very good business - Reading, Bolton and Ipswich seem to have strengthened well to name but three.

Boltons business is no better than ours...

yes you're right, i was reading Kamy's post wrongly as a comment on the spending power of clubs. Like you say, the days of big spending at our level are gone, and for most clubs probably never existed. Our spending last summer was ridiculous, especially so considering the idiots who were in charge of spending it.

Our spending last season should have seen us walk the division but we spunked it all in the wrong places and on square pegs for round holes. Thinking of the team that came down with the investment from £8 million Rhodes, the agent fees for the Portuguese contingent, plus Best, Etuhu and Murphy money - that amount of investment done well or even decently should've seen us promoted if not having a good shout of staying up... Sadly Coco and Shabby were in charge of spending.

Boltons business is no better than ours...

I believe we wanted Spearing which suggests they've done a bit better than us for starters! Beckford did better than Campbell last season, whilst I think Baptiste from Blackpool will prove an astute signing. You could argue Campbell and Kilgallon are just as good as these two, although on last season's form I think the Bolton pair would edge it.

Our spending last season should have seen us walk the division but we spunked it all in the wrong places and on square pegs for round holes. Thinking of the team that came down with the investment from £8 million Rhodes, the agent fees for the Portuguese contingent, plus Best, Etuhu and Murphy money - that amount of investment done well or even decently should've seen us promoted if not having a good shout of staying up... Sadly Coco and Shabby were in charge of spending.

I believe we wanted Spearing which suggests they've done a bit better than us for starters! Beckford did better than Campbell last season, whilst I think Baptiste from Blackpool will prove an astute signing. You could argue Campbell and Kilgallon are just as good as these two, although on last season's form I think the Bolton pair would edge it.

Kilgallon was playing in the prem and my Sunderland supporting say he will do a good job for us DJ scored more goals for Ipswich last year than Beckford got for Hudd's and since not buying Spearing we have brought in Cairney and Evans.

Don't forget that Bolton had Spearing last season so rather than further strengthening the team they have just not weakened it. In fact we will be more strengthened by the return of Best this season than Bolton will for the signing of Spearing.

Realistically it'll be towards the end of the month when we can start picking up quality players in the loan market from the premier league,

no manager in the prem are letting good quality fringe players go on loan until they know who they are getting in.

Not sure if we were ever realistically in the hunt for McClean, but the other 2 fell down solely over personal terms it would appear. Nothing to do with GB or the Club not being attractive enough.

Stop it Rev, you are bursting peoples bubbles.

• Moderation Lead

Is McClean even that good? He seemed alright when he first started playing at Sunderland under O'Neill after not playing under Bruce previously, but then fell away, and didn't do much under Di Canio (though he isn't on his own there).

I think that's a key point. Kean's signings have completely hamstrung the club for at least the next 12 months. The likes of Etuhu, Formica, Orr, iwill be on huge wages for the Championship.

Does anyone know if the FFP rules apply just to transfer fees, or wages as well?

As far as I understand the FFP rules it apply to Transfer fees and wages.

Our signings last season made by Shebby and Kean have forced Rovers to cut back on Transfer fees and Wages. But at least the club now has in place a proper wage budget and we wont over pay for players looking for their last big pay day like some players we signed last season

Joe Mason from Cardiff is a player being linked.....heard good things about him .......looks like big spending days are long gone....

isn't he a target man type of striker??

lets remember that for Spearing and Murphy we had fee agreed for both.

Rumours is for Spearing we offer more money than Bolton for his contract but didn't want to come here. wanted to go and play for Bolton.

Murphy want to Leeds for more money than we offered him.

Sunderland wanted to sell McClean not loan him out and Rovers don't have the money for that transfer deal

Archived