BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

franco di santo gone to werder bremen. excellent move for him.

???

I take it they've never seen him play.

As for Scotland, how can you play Miller in front of Rhodes? Miller's absolutely useless in all aspects of the game and couldn't score if his life depended on it.

Wonder if Hanley will get himself noticed if he plays particularly well?

Newcastle United have been linked with a number of strikers including Jordan Rhodes. If he plays/scores tonight he's likely to go.

who havent Newcastle been linked with.

dont see Rhodes leaving or any clubs bidding for him offering anything like Rovers would accept tbh.

Rhodes IS Staying!

Chaddy, that's a dangerous post. That could become your version of Hughesy's Game's off post, PhilipL's Alonso post, and Mercerman's sold by the start of the season post.

Nothing surprises me with our current owners and with football in general.

who havent Newcastle been linked with.

dont see Rhodes leaving or any clubs bidding for him offering anything like Rovers would accept tbh.

Rhodes IS Staying!

I hope you're right Chaddy.

We've only got another 18 days or so to get through but dithery Derek's overtures to potential purchasers are making me a bit nervous.

???

As for Scotland, how can you play Miller in front of Rhodes? Miller's absolutely useless in all aspects of the game and couldn't score if his life depended on it.

he's been excellent tonight. marshalled the defence well and put Rooney in his pocket. And to think, some on here regularly slag him. Clueless.

???

The lad has all the attributes but needs to keep his feet on the ground - Strachan type would be a good manager for him.

More likely that some club will come in with £4/5m bid rather than offer that sort of money for Dann.

Think Celtic would like him but aint got the brass.

I think that's a key point. Kean's signings have completely hamstrung the club for at least the next 12 months. The likes of Etuhu, Formica, Orr,Dann and Best iwill be on huge wages for the Championship.

Does anyone know if the FFP rules apply just to transfer fees, or wages as well?

Wages as well.

???

As much as I dislike Miller, I would have started him tonight over Rhodes. We're playing a better team and therefore can't be having a striker like Rhodes who can't hold the ball up. Milller does a lot of good defensive work as well. I'd have started Leigh Griffiths over both of them tbh as Steven Fletcher is currently injured.

Edit - That's why you start Kenny Miller. Always been a fan of him.

The lad has all the attributes but needs to keep his feet on the ground - Strachan type would be a good manager for him.

More likely that some club will come in with £4/5m bid rather than offer that sort of money for Dann.

Think Celtic would like him but aint got the brass.

Celtic have just signed a CB. Can't see them coming in for him.

???

?

Fantastic knowledge Rev!

Kilgallon was playing in the prem and my Sunderland supporting say he will do a good job for us DJ scored more goals for Ipswich last year than Beckford got for Hudd's and since not buying Spearing we have brought in Cairney and Evans.

Don't forget that Bolton had Spearing last season so rather than further strengthening the team they have just not weakened it. In fact we will be more strengthened by the return of Best this season than Bolton will for the signing of Spearing.

I stand corrected, although still think Bolton have done a decent job in the transfer market (i.e. like the signings they've made) - perhaps it's more a sign that we've done ok for ourselves too in the transfer market, and other teams need less pieces of the jigsaw so their signings boost an already strong team.

The point still stands you can "buy well" getting players in cheaply/on frees. Indeed most clubs aim to buy well through cheap buys and frees.

As for Rhodes - we want rid simple as, you can tell that from the comments. Don't think there'll be takers at the price we want, but the comments sound like a pay good money and he's yours type comments.

And Rickie Lambert scores with his first touch at international level. I remember us being linked with him when he was playing in league 1. I also remember the doom and negative comments about signing a player from that league.

Looks like we missed out on a good one.

don't see Hanley being sold either. just signed a new contract this summer and him and Bowyer are very close.

think if/when Dann was to go, then Hanley would be captain of Rovers.

Chaddy - all the wishful thinking in the world wont change the fact that money talks. If a big club comes sniffing, I think Hanley will be off quicker than you post newspaper links !

Rhodes has just highlighted why he won't be playing at the top level just yet, simple ball, keaned it

very harsh that. If anything his team mate wasn't fast enough getting there.

Don't think Rovers are at all trying to sell Rhodes. they have just said no bids in for him and not for sale. seems fairly simple to me.

cant believe the amount of Rovers fans slagging Rhodes off but I bet these same fans were cheering him when he scores and chanting his name.

Chaddy - all the wishful thinking in the world wont change the fact that money talks. If a big club comes sniffing, I think Hanley will be off quicker than you post newspaper links !

TBF Mercerman, you keep saying Rhodes is off yet no bids for him. don't see Hanley leaving Rovers at all!!!

which big clubs??? yet again nothing to back it up.

very harsh that. If anything his team mate wasn't fast enough getting there.

Don't think Rovers are at all trying to sell Rhodes. they have just said no bids in for him and not for sale. seems fairly simple to me.

cant believe the amount of Rovers fans slagging Rhodes off but I bet these same fans were cheering him when he scores and chanting his name.

TBF Mercerman, you keep saying Rhodes is off yet no bids for him. don't see Hanley leaving Rovers at all!!!

which big clubs??? yet again nothing to back it up.

You keep believing what Degsy says - at least you wont lose any sleep, yet !

You keep believing what Degsy says - at least you wont lose any sleep, yet !

who Degsy???

I wont lose any sleep at all over any Players leaving tbh. I have no problem in Sleeping

My good source has been very good track record and was spot on with a lot of the transfer news.

Archived