BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Rhodes is now very much on Newcastle's radar. He was a backup to other targets, these targets have not come off as of yet, so they may well test the water by submitting a formal bid for Rhodes soon.

If Newcastle do come in for him, I can't see us keeping hold of him.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Then let's negotiate like Daniel Levy and get as much money as possible. And then get a replacement in soon. Hopefully it won't be a deadline day nightmare that leaves us short if it happens.

Rhodes is now very much on Newcastle's radar. He was a backup to other targets, these targets have not come off as of yet, so they may well test the water by submitting a formal bid for Rhodes soon.

Chaddy - oh dear me !

Degsy = Derek Shaw !

If a big club wants Grant Hanley, then good look to them. I've seen Kangaroos who look more comfortable with a football at their feet.

his occasional(P jones esque) runs out of defence with the ball have been when we've looked most dangerous so far this year, I can only assume that you haven't actually seen him play in person for a while.

I thought Newcastle had been more inclined to go for bargains from abroad lately Kamy,

can you really see Venky's letting him go for less than they paid ? think they would want their money back or probably a profit.

Just can't see Ashley paying £8-10m for him somehow.

Must admit though they have the sort of players to set them up for him.

Errrrrrm I refer to my post 3 days ago re Rhodes...there are some in important positions at the club who don't rate him and would take the money...not because we need it especially but because they're a bit...meh

In all fairness we've lost Shearer, Sutton, Bellamy and RSC in the past amongst others...I'm not gonna lose sleep if we get the right £££ for Rhodes...Christ on a bike, he's the THIRD choice Scotland striker not Gabriel Batistuta!!

I don't hear the dingles grumbling about relegation because they've sold Austin! We need to get behind the manager whatever happens!

how much are Newcastle willing to bid for him Kamy??? will Venkys sell tho?

Don't forget that if Rhodes is sold then we HAVE to pay the full amount that is remaining from the transfer fee which is 5.5 million pounds

Does Bowyer want rid after being reported on here that he has been lazy in training and not being himself?

Hopefully Bowyer has a striker target in mine to replace him like Billy Sharp or Connor Wickham

I know Newcastle are after Jelle Vossen aswell.

Errrrrrm I refer to my post 3 days ago re Rhodes...there are some in important positions at the club who don't rate him and would take the money...not because we need it especially but because they're a bit...meh

In all fairness we've lost Shearer, Sutton, Bellamy and RSC in the past amongst others...I'm not gonna lose sleep if we get the right £££ for Rhodes...Christ on a bike, he's the THIRD choice Scotland striker not Gabriel Batistuta!!

who are these??? Bowyer and Shaw?

who Degsy???

I wont lose any sleep at all over any Players leaving tbh. I have no problem in Sleeping

My good source has been very good track record and was spot on with a lot of the transfer news.

your good source! give it a rest lad, your sounding worst than saxo lately.

his runs out of defence with the ball have been when we have looked most dangerous so far this year, I can only assume that you haven't actually seen him play in person for a while.

Grant Hanley is a very good player these days..quite simply put

In other news cory evans come on as a sub for northern ireland in their 1-0 victory over russia and hope Rhodes stays cant belive how much fans seems to be against him...all live to regret it if he leaves as single handedly daved us frm relegation and can single handedly get us promoted

Haha sky bet championship has tweeted the following....

@Transfer_News24: Stoke are interested in Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett. #scfc #brfc

how much are Newcastle willing to bid for him Kamy??? will Venkys sell tho?

Don't forget that if Rhodes is sold then we HAVE to pay the full amount that is remaining from the transfer fee which is 5.5 million pounds

Does Bowyer want rid after being reported on here that he has been lazy in training and not being himself?

Hopefully Bowyer has a striker target in mine to replace him like Billy Sharp or Connor Wickham

I know Newcastle are after Jelle Vossen aswell.

who are these??? Bowyer and Shaw?

Chaddy - this aint rocket science !

Off course Rovers have to discharge their liability to Huddersfield when they sell Rhodes. It's only like when you sell a property / business which has a mortgage / debenture. £5.5million does the job and Bolton know that.

• Moderation Lead

Off course Rovers have to discharge their liability to Huddersfield when they sell Rhodes. It's only like when you sell a property / business which has a mortgage / debenture. £5.5million does the job and Bolton know that.

If Newcastle are interested, why the hell would he go to Bolton???

Oh yeah, of course, because you love Bolton and 'wee Dougie' now don't you Alan?

In other news cory evans come on as a sub for northern ireland in their 1-0 victory over russia and hope Rhodes stays cant belive how much fans seems to be against him...all live to regret it if he leaves as single handedly daved us frm relegation and can single handedly get us promoted

I don't think anyone has actually said they want to sell Rhodes on this thread...it just seems that if anyone points out his flaws they are against him!

All I said was that there were people at the club who do not think he contributes enough and that he may have had his head turned as he's looked uninterested and lazy in training...

The Newcastle interest maybe the reason...

We have to believe in GB. We have lost much better than him...I like Rhodes but to get this in perspective he's the Scotland 3rd choice at the mo..

Tbf mate Bolton are peppared but who knows how deep Eddie Davies is willing to dig...this would effect ffp though yeah?

Strachan thinks Hutton is worth a place in his squad says it all

Rhodes rarely started under the previous manager though...

I see your point but then previous manager was levien i also see you point of you regarding rumours he may be unhappy but i dispute the fact he hasnt been interested or lazy in games as he ran his socks off in both games and with a bit of luck could have had a goal or a pen

Mercerman whats with you and the secret love in for mega rich Bolton???

Look, if the Geordies come in for Rhodes, Bolton have no chance.

Have no love for Bolton but do have great respect for wee Dougie. Also think Davies / Gartside / wee Dougie far more savvy than Rovers counterparts and they are playing poker knowing that come end of August, Rovers likely to be between a rock and a hard place and they see an opportunity to snatch Rhodes for less than Rovers paid.

I do have family and friends who follow Bolton and, on occasions, have watched Bolton with them but there it ends !

I see your point but then previous manager was levien i also see you point of you regarding rumours he may be unhappy but i dispute the fact he hasnt been interested or lazy in games as he ran his socks off in both games and with a bit of luck could have had a goal or a pen

As I said mate its not my opinion...I guess time will tell but the based on that info I fully expect him to be sold if someone offers us £8m+

Having said that why would anyone pay that? Just looked on Newcastle fan site and £8m is more than they were quoted for Gomis!!

He'll stay mate...hopefully and ill be very glad if he does..if he goes..then so be it!!

Archived