BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Errrrrrm I refer to my post 3 days ago re Rhodes...there are some in important positions at the club who don't rate him and would take the money...not because we need it especially but because they're a bit...meh

In all fairness we've lost Shearer, Sutton, Bellamy and RSC in the past amongst others...I'm not gonna lose sleep if we get the right £££ for Rhodes...Christ on a bike, he's the THIRD choice Scotland striker not Gabriel Batistuta!!

I don't hear the dingles grumbling about relegation because they've sold Austin! We need to get behind the manager whatever happens!

4th choice ;)

Strachan thinks Hutton is worth a place in his squad says it all

Hutton can actually be good. Martin would usually start but he partnered Hanley in central defence in Croatia due to injuries and there was no point splitting them up tonight.

As said on another thread, as a Scotland fan, I'm glad Rhodes doesn't start for Scotland, even in S Fletcher's absence.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Rhodes may ask to move if Newcastle come in for him. He won't do a Saurez.

No idea what Newcastle will pay, but they may offer player plus cash if they submit a bid.

Just remembered Joe Kinear is there now, I'd forgotten all about him. so buying policy will probably have changed in any case.

see the bitchin is back in full flow..

as i`ve posted elsewhere, maybe the choices are 1/ that we sell rhodes to remain financially stable and replace him with a.n.other on more realistic wages, or 2/ keep him and risk administration/possible ffp penalty..

in that scenario, i think opinion 1 is a no brainer i`m afraid.

in truth, if the aim for bowyer is to play 4-2-3-1 then best as the 1 up top is a more suitable player with his physicality, hold up play and workrate. it`s also worth noting that if best hadn`t done his crutiate at the start of last season, we`d have never signed rhodes in the first place..

yet another thing is, if rhodes carries on as he`s started this season, his value will plummet massivly.

see the bitchin is back in full flow..

as i`ve posted elsewhere, maybe if the choices are 1/ that we sell rhodes to remain financially stable and replace him with a.n.other on more realistic wages, or 2/ keep him and risk administration/possible ffp penalty..

in that scenario, i think opinion 1 is a no brainer i`m afraid.

in truth, if the aim for bowyer is to play 4-2-3-1 then best as the 1 up top is a more suitable player with his physicality, hold up play and workrate. it`s also worth noting that if best hadn`t done his crutiate at the start of last season, we`d have never signed rhodes in the first place..

yet another thing is, if rhodes carries on as he`s started this season, his value will plummet massivly.

I must admit I have'nt seen a lot of Best in a Rovers shirt, but most on here seem to have been complaining about his lack of workrate.

Or have I got that wrong ?

I must admit I have'nt seen a lot of Best in a Rovers shirt, but most on here seem to have been complaining about his lack of workrate.

we haven`t seen enough of him to judge properly due to injury last season, it`s extremely harsh to judge him on his games at the end of last season coming straight after a serious injury. if his display against derby is anything to go off, he could be very good for us as a focal point up top. of course there`s no way he`ll score the goals that rhodes has for us in a season, and we wouldn`t have that expectation of him as his job would be differant, more of a team man, bringing others into play in advanced posistions..

i can just hear the jeers of disapproval from here, but it can be a success..

You are right.

Know knee injury didn't help but seems to have attitude/ego issue as Mani alleged had been reported from Brockhall.

With his physique / power, should be terrorising teams.

Think this is another once promising young player who wont realise his potential. I think too many have fallen by the wayside or settled for 'mediocrity' as there isn't sufficient hunger there - too much money has ruined the game.

You are right.

Know knee injury didn't help but seems to have attitude/ego issue as Mani alleged had been reported from Brockhall.

Think this is another once promising young player who wont realise his potential. I think too many have fallen by the wayside or settled for 'mediocrity' as there isn't sufficient hunger there - too much money has ruined the game.

mercerman, i think we should just close rovers down and have done with it, eh...? :wstu:

If possible i think we should sell best if it was a choice between him and Rhodes

Hope wee dougie sees him as a good signing

nobody`s gonna pay between 6-8m for best though are they..?

If possible i think we should sell best if it was a choice between him and Rhodes

This is easier said than done !

I think our saleable assets with significant value number just 2 - Rhodes and Hanley. The rest I think would only bring in 'chicken sh1t' with a good number needing to be paid off.

Don't get me wrong, I like and rate Rhodes I just don't think his all-round game isn't of a top-level striker, as for Best, well, he's got the attributes but lacks the attitude and hunger for the game, would rather moan to the ref or team-mates than roll his sleeves up

mercerman, i think we should just close rovers down and have with it, eh...?

nobody`s gonna pay between 6-8m for best though are they..?

Saxo - I never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Enough said !

Saxo - I never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Enough said !

no malice from me, unlike a.n.other i suspect.. just happy to see most don`t take that a.n.other seriously.. wouldn`t want his bile circulating through out our fan base..

This Rhodes to Newc stuff has come from 'Sky Tyne & Wear', whatever that is. Do we have a 'Sky Blackburn with Darwen'...?

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2013/08/blogs/newcastle-to-resort-to-the-blackburn-rovers-goal-machine

enough of a link to make mr shaw come out with a statement on rhodes today..

as for Best, well, he's got the attributes but lacks the attitude and hunger for the game, would rather moan to the ref or team-mates than roll his sleeves up

you`ve seen him fully fit for all of 2 games and make that judgement..?

You are right.

You are right.

Looked a decent prospect at Coventry 3-4 years ago and then for a short spell at Newcastle when he did ok, but has'nt really fulfilled his promise as you say.

To be fair he's not had too much luck with injuries.

He probably fancied being the main man at Ewood, then his cruciate happened and we bought Rhodes.

no malice from me, unlike a.n.other i suspect.. just happy to see most don`t take that a.n.other seriously.. wouldn`t want his bile circulating through out our fan base..

enough of a link to make mr shaw come out with a statement on rhodes today..

you`ve seen him fully fit for all of 2 games and make that judgement..?

Can I make this clear - I am not Alan Nixon and I have no connection to him even though I respect the wide range of contacts he has throughout the football world.

For you to think otherwise is beyond belief.

Can I make this clear - I am not Alan Nixon and I have no connection to him even though I respect the wide range of contacts he has throughout the football world.

so your a `well known tabloid journalist` sympaphiser then? that`s just as bad.. you blatently are posting his words, there`s no doubt about that..

so your a `well known tabloid journalist` sympaphiser then? that`s just as bad.. you blatently are posting his words, there`s no doubt about that..

I think that you really do struggle intelligence wise.

I have never read such nonsense.

• Backroom

I think that you really do struggle intelligence wise.

I have never read such nonsense.

Tbf, you're the only rovers fan I know who uses affectionate nicknames for managers who are not only 'non-rovers' but manage/have managed rivals. And yet you wonder why it annoys people on a Rovers messageboard?

It really does come across as a wind-up in all honesty mate. Call them Freedman and Coyle and it'll probably stop.

For you to think otherwise is beyond belief.

Personally i really couldn't care less if you were Nixon. But i beg you to please stop with the 'Wee Dougie' thing. It sounds like a pet name for your genitalia.

Archived