BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Southampton player, Northern Irish, ex-Fulham and Villa. I know he played last season but with them signing Wanyama, he must not be a starter anymore so it's worth inquiring imo.

gulp, never heard of him, not such a good student after all then.. :blink:

did someone mention play-offs? Even with Rhodes we are a million miles from that

were in the mix, along with most of the league(inc burnley), rhodes or not..

gulp, never heard of him, not such a good student after all then.. :blink:

Yeah you have. The lad who signed for Saints from Rangers. We were linked with him a while back. Good tidy player and probably will be surplus to requirements at Southampton now. Would imagine they'll be looking for at least £3m for him though. I still think that we should try to get Ward-Prouse on loan from them. Another bright talent who has come through their academy with high expectations. He also won't get much of a look in what with the Wanyama signing. A year on loan in the Championship would suit all parties i'd have thought.

Why would we still be in the market for a CM? At last count we have Lowe, Marrow, Evans, Etuhu and Cairney (Until Xmas) for those two positions and Dunn if neccessary. Can't see why we'd need a CM until at least January...

Please don't start saying because "he's crap" or whatever because other than Etuhu I don't see any of those actually moving on.

Or am I missing something?

IMO we need two players on loan..a striker until Xmas and a winger for the season.

Interesting John. I thought we may have sorted the winger issue with the purchases of Taylor, King, and judge. Also have Nunes who I actually think would do a very good job in this league on the wing. He has pace to burn and seems to be able to deliver a decent final ball as well.

I know a lot are worried about CM but once Cairney, Evans and Williamson are fit I don't think we'll have too many worries there.

Finally, Saxo..... I can confirm that Mercer is not Nixon. Leave it now as I've just had to read two pages of nonsense on the subject.

Why would we still be in the market for a CM? At last count we have Lowe, Marrow, Evans, Etuhu and Cairney (Until Xmas) for those two positions and Dunn if neccessary. Can't see why we'd need a CM until at least January...

Please don't start saying because "he's crap" or whatever because other than Etuhu I don't see any of those actually moving on.

Or am I missing something?

IMO we need two players on loan..a striker until Xmas and a winger for the season.

Oh and add Williamson to the CM pool of players

I suspect with signing Huddlestone and Livermore (both CM) they may well let Cairney go. certainly looks like those two are direct replacements for Cairney and Evans.

I hope if Cairney does well for us hope that there is some kind of option on him already in place when the loan in Jan runs out......

Seriously? That would explain Rhodes looking uninterested in training then. Or it might explain why people at the club want people to think he looks uninterested.

Yup - don't think he is uninterested, just a case of finance needed otherwise something will have to give.

To be honest, unless we can significantly improve on what we have in terms of wide men and central midfield, I would leave as we are and focus on continuing to make sure we are organised and committed and that we extract the maximum from everyone who makes-up the squad. I know the latter is not always easy but that is where good management comes in and GB needs to step up to the plate.

I think we have signed enough additional central midfielders / wide men and I honestly can't see the point in just adding further numbers.

I agree with the sentiments on Nunes - when I have seen this lad, I have always thought that he had great potential but it does seem that he's not being given opportunity to realise it and I do hope that it is not a case of him being tarred as one of Shebby / Kean's

As each day goes by, I think it's beginning to dawn on more and more supporters that we are in a right old mess financially and we are back to where we were in the eighties, however, at least we now have good football facilities. It is going to be a long, long haul back but first the club needs stabilising financially and I think we are a long way away from that point.

Really worried about Newcastle coming in for Rhodes.

Lets hope if they come in for him its above 8mil. Otherwise it could get interesting, will Venkys let him go for less? Get the feeling they wont let him go for less but if a bid comes in under, I cant imagine Rhodes wouldn't want to play in Prem. Could get messy.

Will they give all the money to Bowyer if he does go for 8mil upwards, he is going to need it.......

Genuinely very worried as in my mind the midfield when all fit makes sense if you have Rhodes upfront. The Mid of Taylor Cairney Evans Williamson and Judge is very hard working, we in theory shouldn't concede much and Cairney Judge and Taylor should get enough decent balls into Rhodes to create a few chances which based on his last few years he is likely to convert one. Of course Bowyer could play 442

I genuinely think you need a good goal scorer as theres not loads of goals in that mid, enough to supplement a prolific goal scorer but not enough if you don't have one.

Wow.... midfielders and strikers... really!!!! has no1 seen our centre halfs!!! how people arent slagging off dann and hanley is beyond me. Not sure I have seen 2 worse centre backs in a rovers shirt..... For me 2 new CB's should be main priority. I know we have signed killgallon but would say he would be a useful squad player not a starter week in week out. DEFENDERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! (cant stand another season of watching Hanley trying to defend). Oh and nice marking last night Hanley.... completley lost lambert for the goal was like he was in the his usual blue and white halfs

To be honest, unless we can significantly improve on what we have in terms of wide men and central midfield, I would leave as we are and focus on continuing to make sure we are organised and committed and that we extract the maximum from everyone who makes-up the squad. I know the latter is not always easy but that is where good management comes in and GB needs to step up to the plate.

I think we have signed enough additional central midfielders / wide men and I honestly can't see the point in just adding further numbers.

I agree with the sentiments on Nunes - when I have seen this lad, I have always thought that he had great potential but it does seem that he's not being given opportunity to realise it and I do hope that it is not a case of him being tarred as one of Shebby / Kean's

As each day goes by, I think it's beginning to dawn on more and more supporters that we are in a right old mess financially and we are back to where we were in the eighties, however, at least we now have good football facilities. It is going to be a long, long haul back but first the club needs stabilising financially and I think we are a long way away from that point.

I agree with you regards Nunes, would actually like to see him given a chance ahead of King.

Also agree with you regards cm, cant see us going for anyone else. With the number we have already signed this summer. Of course if Cairney and Evans don't play well that could change in Jan. Also in Jan Cairney loan ends

With regards the financials, the biggest problem is we are simply guessing as we don't know the full extent of how bad we are. If Venkys have already contributed and are now trying to get the club in a better position regards ffp.

Getting rid of high earners who haven't contributed or Bowyer believes wont contribute enough for how high their wages are makes obvious sense.

Olssons fee paid off the two of our high earners. Them letting Peds, Givet and possibly Etuhu go on frees makes financial sense considering the number of free players we have got in, leaves us in a much better position with regards the wages.

The question is how bad are our finances after all that is done. Does it mean if any big bids come in will all the money be given to Bowyer?

The issue is how bad is the mess if we cant get rid of enough of them, Givet doesn't seem to be willing to go unless he is paid off like Murphy, will Peds be the same - it costs the club money then....are Venkys willing to contribute enough financially.

We simply don't know enough. Its the not knowing that creates such varied opinions.

Wow.... midfielders and strikers... really!!!! has no1 seen our centre halfs!!! how people arent slagging off dann and hanley is beyond me. Not sure I have seen 2 worse centre backs in a rovers shirt..... For me 2 new CB's should be main priority. I know we have signed killgallon but would say he would be a useful squad player not a starter week in week out. DEFENDERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! (cant stand another season of watching Hanley trying to defend). Oh and nice marking last night Hanley.... completley lost lambert for the goal was like he was in the his usual blue and white halfs

Wow... you actually watch footbal...really!!! Most people can see Hanley is a good player. Potentially very good. You obviously know very little about football. Kilgallon is also more than good enough to be a first-teamer in the Championship.

As for marking Lambert last night, if you watched the match you'll see that Hanley marked Cahill on EVERY CORNER. Cahill never got a sniff on set-pieces. It was either Brown or Martin who were marking Lambert. It was even mentioned in the commentary.

Well if John's right about finances forcing the Rhodes sale, we can expect a fee lower than would otherwise be the case - and we can also expect Bowyer being given next to nothing for a replacement. Happy days.

Archived