BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Seriously? That would explain Rhodes looking uninterested in training then. Or it might explain why people at the club want people to think he looks uninterested.

Uninterested in training?.......He looked uninterested in his few minutes on the pitch for Scotland too!!

Hanley on the other hand had a magnificent game for Scotland, and IMO was one of their best players.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if John's right about finances forcing the Rhodes sale, we can expect a fee lower than would otherwise be the case - and we can also expect Bowyer being given next to nothing for a replacement. Happy days.

If no one puts a decent bid in we can't sell him.

Wow.... midfielders and strikers... really!!!! has no1 seen our centre halfs!!! how people arent slagging off dann and hanley is beyond me. Not sure I have seen 2 worse centre backs in a rovers shirt..... For me 2 new CB's should be main priority. I know we have signed killgallon but would say he would be a useful squad player not a starter week in week out. DEFENDERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! (cant stand another season of watching Hanley trying to defend). Oh and nice marking last night Hanley.... completley lost lambert for the goal was like he was in the his usual blue and white halfs

When you compare the level of cbs we used to have compared to what we have now, I understand your opinion.

We are now in the championship, how many teams in the championship had that much better a cb pairing than we have? Kilgallon if he stays fit is a very good defender in my opinion and is going to push for a place in the first team. I suppose the one issue with Dann and Hanley in my mind is they seem a little suspect to long high balls which you get more of in the championship than in the prem. Kilgallon may improve that.

Genuinley I don't see many Championship teams having much better cb options than we have. If Kane gets back last seasons form then defensively we should be strong enough for the championship. Spurr so far has been a revelation.

I really don't see us conceding that many goals when our midfield is fully fit. For me its actually more whether we will score enough....

Wow... you actually watch footbal...really!!! Most people can see Hanley is a good player. Potentially very good. You obviously know very little about football. Kilgallon is also more than good enough to be a first-teamer in the Championship.

As for marking Lambert last night, if you watched the match you'll see that Hanley marked Cahill on EVERY CORNER. Cahill never got a sniff on set-pieces. It was either Brown or Martin who were marking Lambert. It was even mentioned in the commentary.

Yeah I thought it was Martin who lost his man on more than one occasion. Hanley looked decent last night.

I think that Rhodes may ask to move if Newcastle come in for him. He won't do a Saurez.

No idea what Newcastle will pay, but they may offer player plus cash if they submit a bid.

Well if they do there is no chance he will go to Newcastle.

In fact I can't remember the last time a deal was done anywhere that included cash + players.

I still think Rhodes will stay at least until Jan because I can't see any PL club coming in with the right amount of money and wages.

Mike Ashley isn't one for splashing the cash on British based players and I still think think that most PL managers would look at Rhodes as a gamble. I'm sure someone would be willing to pay 5 or 6 million but I just can't see him going for that amount of money.

i think we have looked solid in defense in the first two league games, apart from a stupid penalty given away by marrow and a stupid rush of blood to the head by kean we have been very solid, no mistakes made by the defence that you can blame for the goals,also if we sell rhodes ,we owe 5.5 mill to Huddersfield, also i think Huddersfield would have been stupid if they didn't put a % sell on agreement when we signed him,does anyone know if they did ??

Offering Rhodes around but no one fancies him at the moment.

If someone does come in for Rhodes and he goes, its a massive slap in the face for the loyal fans who have bought season tickets. This lot will never learn and despite hiding behind FFP, its not going to wash with supporters, who'll probably vote with their feet once again, and who can blame them.

All speculation at this stage of course.

Hmmm...... Interest in Rhodes, no offers yet, striker loan today suggests to me that rovers are wanting to sell and there's at least one club asking. Probably the result of the Raos recent visit. I think he'll be gone in the next few weeks.

If Formica going for a fee to Mexico?

Didn't Kean once say something like 'he must be worth at least £6m' or something like that?

Back then 'Squad Value' was keeping him in a job, look how that turned out.

Something was seriously wrong behind the scenes at the time for him not to get the sack.

Just sell all of our best players, I am sick of hearing about rumours of players leaving. Fed up of it.

Apart from the all too brief Jack Walker era we've always been a selling club since the end of the maximum wage deal. The first person I wanted us to hold on to that got his head turned was Peter Dobing, there's been dozens and dozens since then.

Well if John's right about finances forcing the Rhodes sale, we can expect a fee lower than would otherwise be the case - and we can also expect Bowyer being given next to nothing for a replacement. Happy days.

So without wishing to sound as insanely optimistic as Chaddy, someone, in this case John, can post anything on any subject, without any link, source or supporting evidence and people lap it up as the gospel truth, because it suits their own particular agenda?

Rhodes has gone on record as saying he is happy here - as long as he is wanted. GB has gone on record as saying that he sought and received assurances earlier in the close season from the owners that Rhodes would not be sold. Now the situation may have changed slightly with the failure to shift a lot of the deadwood, Pedersen, Orr, Givet,Robinson etc. And I suspect from recent noises that the Club wouldn't mind selling him if we could realise a healthy profit on him. But I can't see us selling him if that doesn't transpire. The footballing implications of selling him for a money back offet make it a self defeating exercise.

So without wishing to sound as insanely optimistic as Chaddy, someone, in this case John, can post anything on any subject, without any link, source or supporting evidence and people lap it up as the gospel truth, because it suits their own particular agenda?

Rhodes has gone on record as saying he is happy here - as long as he is wanted. GB has gone on record as saying that he sought and received assurances earlier in the close season from the owners that Rhodes would not be sold. Now the situation may have changed slightly with the failure to shift a lot of the deadwood, Pedersen, Orr, Givet,Robinson etc. And I suspect from recent noises that the Club wouldn't mind selling him if we could realise a healthy profit on him. But I can't see us selling him if that doesn't transpire. The footballing implications of selling him for a money back offet make it a self defeating exercise.

Gosh.

John has contacts.

Other people who have contacts within the club say Rhodes isn't rated.

No one has said anything about it being Gospel.

Hope that helps.

Rhodes on record rev? Aye so did shearer

Rev shouldn't assume that Rhodes is some kind of loyal gentleman. He kicked up a fuss to get out of Huddersfield.

It really seems like the club through the telegraph are trying to sell Rhodes

I still think if he does go we won't get more than £6m for him

Changed but agree massively with the sentiment.

Not sure we should as won't get a return and will be in the hunt for at least 2 strikers then.

So what I`m getting from the last couple of pages of this thread is that we ( a club hoping to get promotion) have a plan to sell our top goal scorer for a third less than we paid for him, we are then going to pay that money to Huddersfield, to settle our bill, then, to save money, we are going to go out and spend millions more in fees and wages to buy two more strikers, which apparently will satisfy FFP. :blink:

Archived