BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad's Uncle's Son is best mates with a courier that works for Desai and he says we're making an audacious bid to sign Messi.

I refuse to believe the club are trying to sell Rhodes right now, he's their only marketing property within the club so if we sell him we lose even more fans.

Nope, but why would the club have his picture on the front of literally everything if they were planning to sell him so soon?

Like I said he's their marketing tool and we're working so hard to ship out the likes of Formica, Etuhu and Pedersen because we want to build a squad around him.

Theres people actually ITK and people who say they are in the know. Being on the MB for a few years, i think i know who of the frequent ITK posters i would classify in which category. John is pretty reliable.

I'd rather play slew or forester than marcheda I know him through a mutual friend and he is a proper keanhead and an awful player. 4 career goals and none in two seasons, we have better options in the u21s.

makes me think, people go on about how great fergie was at bringing through and signing young stars, but the sheer volume of players he brought in overall, some are bound to succeed. i`ll bet far far more failed, yet fans still want his rejects as if they are something amazing..

wickham has come out today saying he staying at Sunderland this season and fighting for his place, think we need to find a linkup player who can play in the hole behind rhodes till rochina is back, rochina is now looking a big loss

If you're referring to me I'm not ITK..I was privy to a convo between a member of the coaching staff and an ex player - the content of which was that they'd "snatch the hand" of any club willing to give them their money back...believe it or don't...the convo Definately did happen and that is fact!!

Whether or not they would defo sell is debatable because Venkys would have to agree and in any case I don't think anyone will offer £8m+

But the amount of people on here who only hear/believe what they want to is unreal...look at recent tweets/posts from Kamy and recently John..Rhodes COULD conceivably go...get over it lads.

Then if everyone's so sure we're trying to flog Rhodes my question is why?

The convo I heard didn't site the reason as us needing the money...it was more to do with Rhodes attitude to preseason and training..leading people to believe his heads been turned. The comment was also made how little he actually brings to the table other than goal scoring...

THIS IS NOT MY OPINION it is what WAS said..take it or leave it. I'm not attention seeking or after any Kudos..I am a bog standard Rovers ticket holder..simple

• Backroom

I know we wouldn't have beat Watford for him in a head to head but we should have been all over Lewis McGuigan early in the window he would have been ideal for us IMO

The convo I heard didn't site the reason as us needing the money...it was more to do with Rhodes attitude to preseason and training..leading people to believe his heads been turned. The comment was also made how little he actually brings to the table other than goal scoring...

THIS IS NOT MY OPINION it is what WAS said..take it or leave it. I'm not attention seeking or after any Kudos..I am a bog standard Rovers ticket holder..simple

Thanks for info. keep it coming please.

the question is will Rovers sell and how much will it take to tempt us to sell.

Also will Rhodes attitude improve and will Newcastle come in with a bid or Not? I don't Newcastle will offer enough to get us to sell and Will Ashley spend a lot of money on a British player when Newcastle transfer policy over last 3 seasons is to buy foreign players on the cheap and improve them to sell them for a profit and reinvest the money into the playing staff and facilities.

I know we wouldn't have beat Watford for him in a head to head but we should have been all over Lewis McGuigan early in the window he would have been ideal for us IMO

I mention his name during the summer as player we SHOULD have tried to sign. one of best Midfielder in this league

To be honest, unless we can significantly improve on what we have in terms of wide men and central midfield, I would leave as we are and focus on continuing to make sure we are organised and committed and that we extract the maximum from everyone who makes-up the squad. I know the latter is not always easy but that is where good management comes in and GB needs to step up to the plate.

I think we have signed enough additional central midfielders / wide men and I honestly can't see the point in just adding further numbers.

I agree with the sentiments on Nunes - when I have seen this lad, I have always thought that he had great potential but it does seem that he's not being given opportunity to realise it and I do hope that it is not a case of him being tarred as one of Shebby / Kean's

As each day goes by, I think it's beginning to dawn on more and more supporters that we are in a right old mess financially and we are back to where we were in the eighties, however, at least we now have good football facilities. It is going to be a long, long haul back but first the club needs stabilising financially and I think we are a long way away from that point.

Post of the day there Mercerman.

If Formica going for a fee to Mexico?

600k fee with add-ons

I'm not convinced we are. I'm just not at all surprised if we are as nothing much that happens at ewood surprises me unless its a sensible decision

don't think Rovers want to sell. more about Rhodes attitude in training and pre-season and has his head been turned by a PL club chasing him.

I think Rovers should go for a loan striker. maybe Everton's striker Apostolos Vellios or Hull City's striker Matty Fryatt

Archived