BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main concern at the moment is seemingly our inability to shift the deadwood.

My main concern in two weeks time will be a likelihood that we will lose Rhodes and Hanley at the last minute and that the money will be squirreled away somewhere not to be seen again.

I may get shot and thrown into a shallow grave after saying this but it's the whole argument about who should partner Rhodes that makes me really miss Jason Roberts.

Say what you want about his scoring ability (or lack of) but if he was still with us he'd create plenty of chances for Jordan.

So in other words I'd like to see us get someone like him on loan.

Replace Rhodes with Vellios/Fryatt and relegation here we come.

I never said about replacing Rhodes did I???

I was talking about the loan striker that Bowyer mention this morning in LT and thought those 2 players could be the loan striker.

Anyway Nicko tonight has said that Newcastle aren't interest in Rhodes. so make off that what you will.

I may get shot and thrown into a shallow grave after saying this but it's the whole argument about who should partner Rhodes that makes me really miss Jason Roberts.

Say what you want about his scoring ability (or lack of) but if he was still with us he'd create plenty of chances for Jordan.

Totally agree with you, Roberts was ok for us but not quite good enough for prem, but as you saw with Reading and all the other clubs he has played for in the second tier, he has been good and can hold ball up, bully defenders and bring people into play. Give me Roberts over Best anyday of the week.

He's forever injured now. Plus the way he was treated I doubt he'd play for Venkys again.

Nicko is desperate for Rhodes to pitch up at BWFC. In terms of Rhodes don't we owe HTFC 2.5 million at the end of the month. I don't have an issue in selling Rhodes in principal as long as the funds are used to balance the debts. The harder issues are who is going to want Orr when he earns around 17k a week. I am still hoping we bring in a decent football administrator after the window shuts who can help sort our bloated squad out etc might be wishful thinking.

Anyway Nicko tonight has said that Newcastle aren't interest in Rhodes. so make off that what you will.

We all want Rhodes to stay Chaddy, he's our only hope of getting out of this league, but putting any sort of faith in Nicko is daft, the man doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Totally agree with you, Roberts was ok for us but not quite good enough for prem, but as you saw with Reading and all the other clubs he has played for in the second tier, he has been good and can hold ball up, bully defenders and bring people into play. Give me Roberts over Best anyday of the week.

Me too.

Nicko is desperate for Rhodes to pitch up at BWFC. In terms of Rhodes don't we owe HTFC 2.5 million at the end of the month. I don't have an issue in selling Rhodes in principal as long as the funds are used to balance the debts. The harder issues are who is going to want Orr when he earns around 17k a week. I am still hoping we bring in a decent football administrator after the window shuts who can help sort our bloated squad out etc might be wishful thinking.

Surely the coin that comes in for Formica can be used to pay off Orr or someone. Better in the long run as that's then about 30k+ pw off the payroll.

If you're referring to me I'm not ITK..I was privy to a convo between a member of the coaching staff and an ex player - the content of which was that they'd "snatch the hand" of any club willing to give them their money back...believe it or don't...the convo Definately did happen and that is fact!!

Whether or not they would defo sell is debatable because Venkys would have to agree and in any case I don't think anyone will offer £8m+

But the amount of people on here who only hear/believe what they want to is unreal...look at recent tweets/posts from Kamy and recently John..Rhodes COULD conceivably go...get over it lads.

Ah, so now we're getting down to the nitty gritty, all this alleged dissatisfaction about Rhodes' attitude in training is in fact merely the personal opinion of an ex player and a random member of coaching staff.

If I say to my mate in the Pub that player x is crap, and my mate agrees, and someone overhears the conversation, it doesn't mean said player will automatically be sold.

We all want Rhodes to stay Chaddy, he's our only hope of getting out of this league, but putting any sort of faith in Nicko is daft, the man doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

And to support that mate I once saw him trying to sit down on his elbow whilst telling me about his tennis arse. The man is a buffoon and so are his followers on Twitter or whatever. They are feeding his bloated ego.

Ah, so now we're getting down to the nitty gritty, all this alleged dissatisfaction about Rhodes' attitude in training is in fact merely the personal opinion of an ex player and a random member of coaching staff.

If I say to my mate in the Pub that player x is crap, and my mate agrees, and someone overhears the conversation, it doesn't mean said player will automatically be sold.

Ha ha where have I ever said that Rhodes will definately be sold?

As for the "nitty gritty" my story has never changed so if you had read my first one properly you would have understood it at that point..

AND if it had been a convo between the kit mans lacky and Egil Ostendtadt do you think I'd have brought it to anyone's attention?

Some people on here are constantly searching for a hole in the sand to bury their heads..

From what I heard along with the concerns of real ITK's such as Kamy and Shaws constant touting of Rhodes staring "we've had no bids yet" everyday then I believe that Rhodes will be sold if someone gives us our money back on him...I pray no one does!!

And to support that mate I once saw him trying to sit down on his elbow whilst telling me about his tennis arse. The man is a buffoon and so are his followers on Twitter or whatever. They are feeding his bloated ego.

100% right

Can someone please tell me where this information about Rhodes having a crappy attitude in training has come from. It must be rock solid info cos so many are all over it. Perhaps my logic is skewed but surely if he is not putting the required effort in during training he would be benched. Also if we want rid would not benching him send clear signals that he is in fact for sale.

To be honest it is getting to be hard work reading this MB anymore. Used to be some great stuff on here. Sadly not so much anymore. Does no one stay on topic? Can people not have opinions without having to be insulted. So is there actually any possible signings info on this thread or do I need to go to the Outgoings or Jordan Rhodes threads to get that.

makes me think, people go on about how great fergie was at bringing through and signing young stars, but the sheer volume of players he brought in overall, some are bound to succeed. i`ll bet far far more failed, yet fans still want his rejects as if they are something amazing..

Savage didn't do to shabbily

Well we haven't signed any striker in time for Donny game,,...... Bowyer hasn't found anyone but Blackpool did find Ricardo Fuller who I think will be a great free transfer signing for them.

I'd rather play the raccoon up top than fuller

Can someone please tell me where this information about Rhodes having a crappy attitude in training has come from. It must be rock solid info cos so many are all over it. Perhaps my logic is skewed but surely if he is not putting the required effort in during training he would be benched. Also if we want rid would not benching him send clear signals that he is in fact for sale.

To be honest it is getting to be hard work reading this MB anymore. Used to be some great stuff on here. Sadly not so much anymore. Does no one stay on topic? Can people not have opinions without having to be insulted. So is there actually any possible signings info on this thread or do I need to go to the Outgoings or Jordan Rhodes threads to get that.

Chinese whispers again Bud, On transfer news, heard the club is looking at bringing in Luke Moore on loan.

Archived