BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

IMO, all the evidence and specuIation points to our finances being under the most intense pressure imaginable.

I think we are in for a more than interesting fortnight.

Some of the evidence, not all of it.

We've given Hanley a 5 year contract, presumably with a hefty pay rise. Also, despite the numerous free transfers, we've also payed fees for players whils't not bringing in a great deal other than Ollson.

Our activity so far (and I'm aware I could look very stupid in a fortnight) looks more like a club needing to rein in its profligate spending rather than financial oblivion imo

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the evidence, not all of it.

We've given Hanley a 5 year contract, presumably with a hefty pay rise. Also, despite the numerous free transfers, we've also payed fees for players whils't not bringing in a great deal other than Ollson.

Our activity so far (and I'm aware I could look very stupid in a fortnight) looks more like a club needing to rein in its profligate spending rather than financial oblivion imo

I think someone has misread the situation and thought it would be far easier, and less costly, to dispose of the deadwood.

I do think there is shock and horror in some quarters now.

I think someone has misread the situation and thought it would be far easier, and less costly, to dispose of the deadwood.

There's mixed messsages on that front too though, surely? We were willing to let Formica go for free and suddenly there's £600k+ which offsets some of what we've had to pay the big earners on their way out. It still seems we're holding out for a price for Dann which nobody is willing to pay, despite having his replacement signed up for weeks.

Again, not saying your wrong. I just think it's a bit of a jump to say our business this summer shows us in crisis.

Look at it this way, say if all we wanted to do this summer was to 'get our house in order' and get a bit closer to a sustainable way of running the club, would you expect us to do anything differently?

Cue Rhodes to Bolton for £4million

• Backroom

Billy Sharp tweeted that he was driving up north, weren't Bunleh keen on taking him? Would be a good addition here

Or maybe he's just having a drive

Billy Sharp tweeted that he was driving up north, weren't Bunleh keen on taking him? Would be a good addition here

burnley cant afford his wages and wanted Southampton to pay part of his wages, you never know he could be on his way here,here's hoping

Crazy, with his money, don't know why he doesn't fly from Southampton - domestics include Manchester, Leeds Bradford and Glasgow.

Why should there be anything to worry about when many have claimed Venkys are loaded.

some people are worried about the players we are selling as they are high earners and bringing in cheaper options. in all fairness (as of yet) we havent sold one player this pre season that has performed for rovers.

effort alone will be an improvement on last season as too many players where labouring and showed no intrest in the club or the fans. id rather go down with a fight than a whimper. that being said there is no reason to show yet that the players signed wont be good enough. spurr and cairney in the brief spell have looked an improvement. evans seems to have a good rep. judge showed he has a good deadball ability

cainey - murphy

dj - ckr

spurr - olsson

evans and marrow brought in as extras ( we where crying out for cm's )

sanagoooooooo - dont know anything about him. could go either way

kilgalon - must be an improvement on last year as we had no cd cover

now to me nothing seems like a step back in the replacements or extras we have brought in. its reducing the wage bill whilst in a way strengthening in numbers and better players.

the players brought in seem to have a lot more hunger which is a good thing. 1 point from six may look like a bad start but the performances deserve 4 points. carlise was a bad result but anything can happen in the 1st round of the cup as its only the 2nd game of the season and match fitness and players settling in usually see teams get upsets.

i for one am a little more encouraged to having a safer season this time around than i was last season

If Dann's 6ft 5', then I'm The Pope!!!!!

He is surprisingly tall when you're stood next to him. At least 6' 2" I'd say.

He jumps like he's 5' 9" though unfortunately.

What's the three club rule please?

If an article claims there's 3 Clubs after a player there's nothing in it. Just the player's agent trying to whip up interest.

I think he's 6' 3", walked past him at Trafford Centre about a year ago, incidentally his missus is stunning, ahem.... Back on topic, window is nearly shut that's what that link is about, drumming up interest that one.

See Robbie Savage's piece on how to force a move on BBC Sport website

Have to get in 2 or 3 creative\pacy players before the window shuts.

Need a rochina type, a pacy winger and a striker. Lack of creativity and pace in the team at the moment is frightening. We have a decent CM, central defence and full backs but glaring lack of creativity.

We should get on the phone to David Moyes and borrow a few of their reserves.

Have to get in 2 or 3 creative\pacy players before the window shuts.

Need a rochina type, a pacy winger and a striker. Lack of creativity and pace in the team at the moment is frightening. We have a decent CM, central defence and full backs but glaring lack of creativity.

We should get on the phone to David Moyes and borrow a few of their reserves.

Huge problem when you only have buttons to spend.

Archived