BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's also Givet, but personally I think that guys football days are pretty much over, he looks a right state(physically and mentally, bless him) and hasn't had a good game in well over a year.

Think you need to consider how Givet has been treated by the club for at least the last 12 months - much of the time, IMO, a political football and things haven't been right since the, alleged, infamous half time dressing room incident against Wigan

A good manager would sort out his head and make him a cornerstone of the team as he has the experience, know how and battling qualities that we need.

Think you need to consider how Givet has been treated by the club for at least the last 12 months - much of the time, IMO, a political football and things haven't been right since the, alleged, infamous half time dressing room incident against Wigan

A good manager would sort out his head and make him a cornerstone of the team as he has the experience, know how and battling qualities that we need.

Agree with this MM, I have said previously I would give give him a payrise, get him fit and then make captain to replace Dann at centre half, we

need a tough guy leader in this league.

He's an old fashioned winger. Gets the ball, runs to the by line and whips a cross in or wins a corner. Nothing fancy about his play. I quite like him but lacks a lot of technical ability.

Judge is probably the opposite. Lots of technical ability but tries to overplayed it at times.

That sums it up, 'he's an old fashioned winger' -OLD being the predominant word, they don't work anymore.

Defo. Pay an overpaid, fat keaner, who is just here for the money, who will play max 10 games on big wages (contrary to others views) or pay champs league finalist, French international, established EPL player the same amount of wages? I know who I would pick

I might have been a bit harsh on Taylor. I can see what he possess but he hasn't offered enough for me yet. Having said that i do feel that we don't get the ball to him enough or quick enough. I love old fashioned wingers, i was brought up watching Ian Miller, but you've got to keep putting the ball in front of them down the flanks. i think he'll come good if we do this as often as possible and try and open the play up a bit.

I've not been inpressed with Taylor from what I've seen in the home games against Everton and Forest so far. Fairly predictable, slow, and running down too many blind alleys.

He seems to have one trick, try and push it past the defender and get the ball in, but without the pace of Windy Miller to do it. You knew exactly what Windy was going to do every time but he was so quick you couldn't stop it anyway.

Still he produced a great cross for Best's equaliser at Derby so I'm hopeful there's better to come from him.

Can't believe what I'm reading about Givet, whilst he has played very well at times in the past he needs shifting out asap imo. There'll always be some issue with him whether it's off field problems, not happy with contract he signed, head not right, health scares etc etc

I'm not understanding all the love for Givet. He was a top top player for us at one point yes but over the past few years he's been a total sponge taking his money and contributing barely anything. He's tried his damnedest to get out of the club but can't agree a move elsewhere because he won't accept a lower salary. He should be one of the first out of the door if we can manage it I cringe when I see his name on the team sheet and don't want to see him in a Rovers shirt again.

People seem to be forgetting Givet has had problems with his heart. This could still be praying on his mind mentally. It would also be another problem trying to shift him.

I liked Givet as a player in the past but I don't think we can rely on him anymore. He is one player we are going to pay off if he is to leave the club.

He's an old fashioned winger. Gets the ball, runs to the by line and whips a cross in or wins a corner. Nothing fancy about his play. I quite like him but lacks a lot of technical ability.

Judge is probably the opposite. Lots of technical ability but tries to overplayed it at times.

thats the main problem. its very difficult to score from crosses like that. experts say crosses are going out of the game.

we need a valencia like winger there who makes crosses through ground to strikers feet. not aerial crosses.

thats the main problem. its very difficult to score from crosses like that. experts say crosses are going out of the game.

we need a valencia like winger there who makes crosses through ground to strikers feet. not aerial crosses.

Which experts are these crosses are going out of the game what a load of rubbish.

I guess im alone in thinking Taylors cross for Best at Derby was crap. Best made the best of it (no pun intended). It was actually behind him and barring that very good finish it would have been greeted with disappointed moans. That said I wouldn't dismiss him yet.

As for Givet. He was crap at Carlisle and his attitude stinks. He is too short to be dominant in this division and anyone who has played to a half decent level knows that if a centre half is having to make last ditch heroic tackles and blocks all yhe time then its probably because he can't read the game very well, is out of position or just plain slow. Take your pick with Gael. And the argument about how poorly he has been treated by the club is a two way street. I'm amazed any fan would feel sympathy towards him.

Which experts are these crosses are going out of the game what a load of rubbish.

Old fashioned wingers that just run the line and whip in crosses (think Ian Miller), went out of the game years ago. Midfielders need to be able to play a much narrower game these days. They need to be able to come inside, play the pass and move game and play all over the park.

Old fashioned wingers that just run the line and whip in crosses (think Ian Miller), went out of the game years ago. Midfielders need to be able to play a much narrower game these days. They need to be able to come inside, play the pass and move game and play all over the park.

I think an old fashioned winger with pace could still have a place when used against a full back who likes to get forward. A ball played into space behind the full back can be effective.

I'm not understanding all the love for Givet. He was a top top player for us at one point yes but over the past few years he's been a total sponge taking his money and contributing barely anything. He's tried his damnedest to get out of the club but can't agree a move elsewhere because he won't accept a lower salary. He should be one of the first out of the door if we can manage it I cringe when I see his name on the team sheet and don't want to see him in a Rovers shirt again.

I'm not sure the reason he won't leave is because of money, but thats certainly not out of the question.

The reason why people like Givet is becuase when his minds right he's the best defender at the club, simple as that, and you want your best players on the pitch. As a club we don't now have the luxury of replacing like for like, so a fit and motivated Givet would be a major asset, but I doubt we'll see that sadly.

I'm not sure the reason he won't leave is because of money, but thats certainly not out of the question.

The reason why people like Givet is becuase when his minds right he's the best defender at the club, simple as that, and you want your best players on the pitch. As a club we don't now have the luxury of replacing like for like, so a fit and motivated Givet would be a major asset, but I doubt we'll see that sadly.

Throughout the Venky's carnage, some fans have been more than happy to see top players leave and replaced by young and hungry lower league journeymen - under the title of "sensible signings". The only sensible signing is someone who's better than the guy who's leaving, or at least as good.

As for Givet, it's criminal that he's not been playing regularly for us. Relegation, while he's been watching on, drawing his wages was/is a disgusting situation. How many other clubs can't find a way of getting their best players on the park?

Personally I think it is all down to the money. Surely if he was so unhappy here that he was suicidal a while back he would have done anything and everything to escape that.

I understand that and don't doubt it for a second, when he wanted to be he was top quality but that was what maybe 2 years ago and since then he's basically stuck two fingers up at the club. For me fans are living off the memory of when he actually was the warrior in our team and I feel if he came back for an extended amount of time now he wouldn't be that good. At first it was all a fight against Kean and the way he was treated so I could kind of forgive that but since then we've had Appleton, Berg and Bowyer and he still hasn't played regularly or even looked remotely interested in the few games he has played.

At first it was all a fight against Kean and the way he was treated so I could kind of forgive that but since then we've had Appleton, Berg and Bowyer and he still hasn't played regularly or even looked remotely interested in the few games he has played.

He was brilliant in one of the games he played last season. Better than any of our other central defenders could ever be. He needed to play regularly, but because he didn't he lost match fitness.

Football is 95percent about players. Good clubs know that and one way or another, get 'em on the park.

Personally I think it is all down to the money. Surely if he was so unhappy here that he was suicidal a while back he would have done anything and everything to escape that.

I understand that and don't doubt it for a second, when he wanted to be he was top quality but that was what maybe 2 years ago and since then he's basically stuck two fingers up at the club. For me fans are living off the memory of when he actually was the warrior in our team and I feel if he came back for an extended amount of time now he wouldn't be that good. At first it was all a fight against Kean and the way he was treated so I could kind of forgive that but since then we've had Appleton, Berg and Bowyer and he still hasn't played regularly or even looked remotely interested in the few games he has played.

I take your points fully, but what you have to remember is Kean was a major player in this saga, and whilst Givet should be more professional and move on, he's a proud Frenchman, who probably has an axe to grind against Kean/Venkys and this is just a by-product of that.

As den says above, if you have better players coming in then by all means move the likes of Givet out, but we haven't got better players, most couldn’t lace his boots, so for that reason alone I'd offer him a new contract, pay him whats he’s owed under his current contract and get him playing again, we need him.

He was brilliant in one of the games he played last season. Better than any of our other central defenders could ever be. He needed to play regularly, but because he didn't he lost match fitness.

Yer my mistake I seem to remember now he had one excellent game I think it was before the Watford game but still that's all it's been for 2 yearsish. Don't get me wrong I used to love the guy and i would kill to have a 100% fit and focused Givet in the team but IMO that will never happen here and he's eating a huge portion of our wage budget when realistically he won't be playing regularly anytime soon.

For me the club and Givet need to find a way to part because it's obvious neither want any part of the other and while he's here he's wasting the last few years of his career and the clubs losing alot of money per week.

I take your points fully, but what you have to remember is Kean was a major player in this saga, and whilst Givet should be more professional and move on, he's a proud Frenchman, who probably has an axe to grind against Kean/Venkys and this is just a by-product of that.

As den says above, if you have better players coming in then by all means move the likes of Givet out, but we haven't got better players, most couldn’t lace his boots, so for that reason alone I'd offer him a new contract, pay him whats he’s owed under his current contract and get him playing again, we need him.

Couldn't agree more with the point about the players being brought in are no where near what he used to be, I just don't ever see him getting close to that while he's here. I think the bridges on both sides have been well and truly burnt and he will sit on the bench (if that) for the rest of the season which is a waste for both parties.

Archived