BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit harsh that TJ. After being released by Orient, his 30 seconds as a sub at Aberdeen iirc, never playing for Rovers (but there was "that" tackle in training) and now his sub appearance for Exeter, it's clear that this guy is a late developer who well deserves his chance in Italy.

By the way what does that Cat & Fiddle reference in the article mean?

it's the name of their training ground.

Couldn't believe it was the same guy he looked good tonight and bleedin awful for us. Maybe his attitude was bad when he was here but he certainly isn't a left back, just shows what a crap manager Appleton really was. He was probably just doing some mate a favour anyway. As for Modeste well it looks like someone actually delivered Kean a decent striker there but the goon true to form didn't have a clue what to do with him :(

IMO Rekik was a young lad who must have wondered what he'd come to at the time, with the pantomime in the background, little wonder he didn't perform.

As for Modeste, he didn't look as if he could trap a bag of cement when he played for us, somewhat remenicant of a certain Kevin Davies. Perhaps it's a similar scenario.

IMO Rekik was a young lad who must have wondered what he'd come to at the time, with the pantomime in the background, little wonder he didn't perform.

As for Modeste, he didn't look as if he could trap a bag of cement when he played for us, somewhat remenicant of a certain Kevin Davies. Perhaps it's a similar scenario.

Best reminds me of Modeste. What a dilemma, who to chose from those two.

If someone could recover David Bentley as central midfelder like in 2007/2008 season he will become good but hes still a free agent. His ego run him up....

Big wages. Big ego. Will never be anything anymore.

Had 5 good months with us and has never relived that. Was unbelievable that we got such a massive fee for him

I'd argue that Davies has never been able to trap a bag of cement. It just so happens that his broad shoulders, sharp elbows and massive head were just what Bolton needed a few years back.

Being linked with Ben Marshall. Would be a top signing if we could pull that off. Nicko says he is available which surprises me. Always thought he was one of Leicester's best players.

I'd take him over the guy from Dundee Utd, that's for sure.

Old fashioned wingers that just run the line and whip in crosses (think Ian Miller), went out of the game years ago. Midfielders need to be able to play a much narrower game these days. They need to be able to come inside, play the pass and move game and play all over the park.

Some one should have sent the memo to City when they signed Navas then. The argument was not about wingers anyway it was crossing was going out of the game according to experts and i'm sorry crossing will always be part of football.

Looking around, and alot of Leicester fans seem to be comparing Marshall to Gallagher, and saying that he hasn't develop well, he has gone backwards which isn't what I wanted to hear.

Also it says that he is better off the striker, which is not what we need, we need pace and width.

sounds to me like yet another squad player. we need to be now improving the squad not padding it out with players.

David Vaughan is available from sunderland for 1m, surely we should be able to aim for players around that level???

Best and most realistic shout for a centre midfielder I've seen so far. Definately snap him up at the price. Cracking player.

He's played fewer games than the number of years he's been alive! At 23 that's a bit shocking.

Still, give 'em a chance etc.

Indeed, looking at those stats, although hardly "Mylesesque", you'd think he'd need to have one hell of a trial.

Archived