BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

I have to disagree.

Henley is very inexperienced and it shows when defending and going forward. He got made to look stupid far too many times last season.

And when Appleton came in he saw sense and brought Orr back in to the team (I know that wont go down very well but the fact is he is a better right back than Henley)

I can't believe I've just read that. Henley's a bit raw but in every other respect is streets ahead of Orr. There's no comparison whatsoever imo

If anyone else agrees with superarran I think I'll have to go and lie down in a darkened room.

Please elaborate on why you think he is a better player?

Pace I'll give you. But for positioning, defending and effectively going forward I'm afraid in my opinion Orr is better.

Just because Orr is something of a hate figure doesn't mean he's a bad player.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pace I'll give you. But for positioning, defending and effectively going forward I'm afraid in my opinion Orr is better.

No your righ it doesn't, he's just downright @#/? regardless of the fact he's a hate figure and a disrespectful vile little turd.

Simple question - if a top buy for the Championship, why are Leicester prepared to let him go for relatively next to nothing ?

Leicester do need to cut wage bill and haven't really bought anyone this season.

Plus Nigel Pearson has change their formation to starting with 3-5-2, so Marshall who is a winger doesn't really fit into that. Maybe Marshall wants first team football.

Think Marshall would be a good signing.

No you're right it doesn't, he's just downright kean regardless of the fact he's a hate figure and a disrespectful vile little turd.

You've explained yourself very well there. Well done.

Care to elaborate on why, in your opinion he is rubbish?

Or do you fancy just hurling a load more abuse?

(I'd like to just state that I don't think Orr is a world beater. He, in my opinion, is just a relatively solid, no frills, championship right back)

Orri absolut kean the game with peterborough at home was one of the worst performances i seen in a rovers shirt...also include murphy who was a disgrace that day

I agree, he was terrible in that match.

I don't think anyone covered themselves in glory that day.

I'd be intrigued to know on what basis you may think Orr is a decent player; qualities, strengths?......

The fact that he is a vile individual and loathsome is an irrelevance, IMO and that of many others, he's also a crap footballer.

If I were Adam Henley and aspiring to be Bradley Orr, I'd pack in as a pro footballer and become a rag and bone man!

I'd be intrigued to know on what basis you may think Orr is a decent player; qualities, strengths?......

The fact that he is a vile individual and loathsome is an irrelevance, IMO and that of many others, he's also a crap footballer.

If I were Adam Henley and aspiring to be Bradley Orr, I'd pack in as a pro footballer and become a rag and bone man!

I think his crosses are effective and are relatively very good. His pace lets him down though when the opposition counter attacks.

His positioning is also good, rarely did I see him get "done" by the opposition winger.

He apparently brings a lot to the dressing room (Dunn's statement not mine) and I know a lot will say that Dunn is just his mates and is lying to try and keep his mate at the club. He might be. Or, he might be telling the truth. That's when IMO the hate figure tag doesn't help him.

He seems very vocal on the pitch, whether it's praising or lambasting. On one occasion I remember him screaming at Bentley and Rochina for giving up on tracking back when the opposition were attacking.

They are some reasons why I think he is a good Championship right back.

I think his crosses are effective and are relatively very good. His pace lets him down though when the opposition counter attacks.

His positioning is also good, rarely did I see him get "done" by the opposition winger.

He apparently brings a lot to the dressing room (Dunn's statement not mine) and I know a lot will say that Dunn is just his mates and is lying to try and keep his mate at the club. He might be. Or, he might be telling the truth. That's when IMO the hate figure tag doesn't help him.

He seems very vocal on the pitch, whether it's praising or lambasting. On one occasion I remember him screaming at Bentley and Rochina for giving up on tracking back when the opposition were attacking.

They are some reasons why I think he is a good Championship right back.

Fair enough Arran, thanks for that. It's all about opinions, unfortunately on this topic mine are a million miles from yours.

Just a question, if my positioning at right back were ok ( I've a good sense of direction by the way), I was a real wag in the dressing room and made everyone laugh and shouted all the time on the pitch, would you pay me a million quid a year? In fact there may still be a role for Tyrone's Shoelaces and Parson Blue yet!

Adam Henley, stick at it lad, I saw your potential at Old Trafford on New Years Eve year before last.

Fair enough Arran, thanks for that. It's all about opinions, unfortunately on this topic mine are a million miles from yours.

Just a question, if my positioning at right back were ok ( I've a good sense of direction by the way), I was a real wag in the dressing room and made everyone laugh and shouted all the time on the pitch, would you pay me a million quid a year? In fact there may still be a role for Tyrone's Shoelaces and Parson Blue yet!

Adam Henley, stick at it lad, I saw your potential at Old Trafford on New Years Eve year before last.

If your positioning was good with different scenarios on the pitch and you were relatively decent with your feet, was a bit of a character in the dressing room that helped morale. I reckon I'd take a punt!

My arguement was he was more effective last year than Henley. Up until the Peterborough game.

Henley was getting ripped apart last year before Appleton recalled Orr. I can't see how anyone could argue with that?

Don't get me wrong I think Henley has got a lot of potential. But at this moment in time I think Kane is better and deserves his place. (Which was the initial argument)

Arran has a point. Like it or not, Orr is a solid full-back at this level. You can cite the Peterborough game, and I could just as easily return that with the Arsenal one. That doesn't change the fact he's an asshat who's well and truly burnt his bridges here.

Hopefully Henley will make a case for himself. He certainly has the potential to be a decent full-back, but he's still quite green and that showed last season. I think Kane has earned the benefit of the doubt for now after his performances last season.

Orri absolut kean the game with peterborough at home was one of the worst performances i seen in a rovers shirt...also include murphy who was a disgrace that day

Beat me to it. Saves me typing more or less the exact same sentence!

Orr's "performance" in that game was reason enough to never play him again. 3-0 down at half time against bottom of the league Peterborough. It was that bad it was bordering on suspect. Not that I'm suggesting anything untoward of course and the fact that Venkys left at half time that day also shows their disgust.

I wouldn't trust Orr as far as I could throw him, he cares not a jot about BRFC and isn't afraid to show it. In addition his cringeworthy pathetically timed speech sticking up for that inept chancer Kean also took the biscuit. Bereft of any class or modicum of decency he epitomises everything that is wrong with our club.

If your positioning was good with different scenarios on the pitch and you were relatively decent with your feet, was a bit of a character in the dressing room that helped morale. I reckon I'd take a punt!

My arguement was he was more effective last year than Henley. Up until the Peterborough game.

Henley was getting ripped apart last year before Appleton recalled Orr. I can't see how anyone could argue with that?

Don't get me wrong I think Henley has got a lot of potential. But at this moment in time I think Kane is better and deserves his place. (Which was the initial argument)

Fair dos, I'd even save the club a few quid and settle for half. ;)

Again about opinions but I feel Adam Henley's best role will probably be more suited to a more advanced position on the flank of a five man midfield, which again in my opinion, is where Martin Ollsen excelled and should have played. Unfortunately the dilemma these days is that 'full backs' are almost expected to fill both roles which is nigh on impossible. (Brett Emerton managed it though).

As for Todd Kane, from what I've seen this season which admittedly isn't much, in addition to what I've heard, I think the loan novelty may have worn off and he's perhaps miffed at being loaned out again as opposed to challenging for a birth at Stamford Bridge.

The Bulgarian players story is interesting....

He was available for 500 k pre season ...offered to Rovers by a scout in Bulgaria....

Then once he started the pre Qualifiers for Europa league ..his club upped his contract and put price to 1.5 euros and then 3 million

All in the space of 2 months ...and now confirmed on the official clubs website that Spurs want him....5 Million.... 2 upfront the rest in drips...

If Spurs get the player they are hoping to put him out to loan and Leeds are in the Que...

Hope GB and Rovers get in there .....

Lesson is ..... If you snooze you loose....

He was available for 500 k pre season ...offered to Rovers by a scout in Bulgaria....

Then once he started the pre Qualifiers for Europa league ..his club upped his contract and put price to 1.5 euros and then 3 million

All in the space of 2 months ...and now confirmed on the official clubs website that Spurs want him....5 Million.... 2 upfront the rest in drips...

If Spurs get the player they are hoping to put him out to loan and Leeds are in the Que...

We have been in a deep sleep for nearly 3 years !

Trust me there's absolutely no chance Tottenham to give 5 millions for Nedelev.

Archived