BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part-ownership is very common in Italian football. I'm not an expert on it, this knowledge comes from an obsession with Football Manager.

According to wiki he was at Newcastle around the age of 19 before being released. Juventus signed him last year and sold half his rights two days later to Atlanta.

Part-ownership is very common in Italian football. I'm not an expert on it, this knowledge comes from an obsession with Football Manager.

According to wiki he was at Newcastle around the age of 19 before being released. Juventus signed him last year and sold half his rights two days later to Atlanta.

Someone part owns Lowe. We have only the energy. Sounds like one more squad player this one. Quality is what we need.

• Backroom

So MGP for an Aussie kid passed over by 3 clubs in 2 years, or a dutch winger who has never played more than the odd game.

The Aussie lad appears to be 25! Sounds like a worldie

I know that Bowyer is clearly working within very tight financial guidelines but all this is horrible.

Just why, oh why are we bringing in, IMO, more layers of cr@p - it is not as though we are short on numbers.

As days go rapidly by now to the closure of the window, I am more convinced than ever that Rhodes will be gone and despite what maybe a spurious link with WBA, I increasingly think he will end up at Bolton.

I know that Bowyer is clearly working within very tight financial guidelines but all this is horrible.

Just why, oh why are we bringing in, IMO, more layers of cr@p - it is not as though we are short on numbers.

As days go rapidly by now to the closure of the window, I am more convinced than ever that Rhodes will be gone and despite what maybe a spurious link with WBA, I increasingly think he will end up at Bolton.

HE WONT END UP AT BOLTON I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT

If he goes anywhere it`ll be to better himself, that puts Bolton out the picture.

If he goes anywhere it`ll be to better himself, that puts Bolton out the picture.

Wrong. He won't go to Bolton as they won't pay our stupid asking price. Much as it pains me to say so going to Bolton - or half of the Championship teams for that matter - would better himself. We're looking further and further away from promotion with every passing game.

Never heard of him, but a quick google shows he's been linked with a lot of clubs this summer, but no one has taken the plunge.

Quick 6'2" right back.

Cant say i think RB is a priority with Kane, Orr, Lowe and Henley all able to play there.

I can think of other concerns in the team, but ideally we need an improvement in quality all over. So with Orr likely to go and Lowe a mainstay in midfield, adding a bit of quality at rb doesn't seem too daft - especially as Kane's not been great so far and isn't actually ours.

Mind you it still leaves us with a squad of about 40/50 players. Feeling this'll continue as high earners go and we bring in a shed load of prospects in the hope some of them turn out good.

Wrong. He won't go to Bolton as they won't pay our stupid asking price.

Correct - they wont pay the stupid asking price that was given when they first enquired.

Think that price will be significantly lower at this time next week. IMO, Rhodes will go for no more than we contractually got him for, if not less. I think, as I have said on numerous occasions, that Rovers are so far along 'queer street' financially that it is alarming.

Why will Bolton's owner cough-up ? He's already in for £125m and if he's convinced that Rhodes will fire them to the PL, then he will have a far better chance of getting a sizeable part of his 'investment' back sooner rather than later (or even not at all).

I think Davies sees Freedman as the real deal and Rhodes would be a calculated 'gamble' but a 'gamble' far more likely to come off than Rovers' gamble when they signed him from Hudders..

Expect Ngog to leave Bolton as a result which will part fund the deal, IMO.

Correct - they wont pay the stupid asking price that was given when they first enquired.

Think that price will be significantly lower at this time next week. IMO, Rhodes will go for no more than we contractually got him for, if not less. I think, as I have said on numerous occasions, that Rovers are so far along 'queer street' financially that it is alarming.

Why will Bolton's owner cough-up ? He's already in for £125m and if he's convinced that Rhodes will fire them to the PL, then he will have a far better chance of getting a sizeable part of his 'investment' back sooner rather than later (or even not at all).

I think Davies sees Freedman as the real deal and Rhodes would be a calculated 'gamble' but a 'gamble' far more likely to come off than Rovers' gamble when they signed him from Hudders..

Expect Ngog to leave Bolton as a result which will part fund the deal, IMO.

Pray tell, what exactly will we achieve by selling Rhodes for less than we paid for him to an immediate rival,Our owners have a small fortune invested in the club as well besides wasn`t it you that broke it to us that the owners were putting in 2 Million a month just to keep the club above water. I don`t think they would have sanctioned the purchase of 11 new players if they were intent on seeing us being relegated, irrespective of how @#/? any of them are. Bolton are also hampered by the FFP and Rhodes wage will use a considerable chunk of their future earnings. as far as Freedman being the new messiah goes, let`s wait and see eh!.

Pray tell, what exactly will we achieve by selling Rhodes for less than we paid for him to an immediate rival,Our owners have a small fortune invested in the club as well besides wasn`t it you that broke it to us that the owners were putting in 2 Million a month just to keep the club above water. I don`t think they would have sanctioned the purchase of 11 new players if they were intent on seeing us being relegated, irrespective of how kean any of them are. Bolton are also hampered by the FFP and Rhodes wage will use a considerable chunk of their future earnings. as far as Freedman being the new messiah goes, let`s wait and see eh!.

The only time we will find out the true investment by Venkys is after they have gone.

Until that point they could, at any point, put all the "investment" into debts burdened on the club.

Pray tell, what exactly will we achieve by selling Rhodes for less than we paid for him to an immediate rival,Our owners have a small fortune invested in the club as well besides wasn`t it you that broke it to us that the owners were putting in 2 Million a month just to keep the club above water. I don`t think they would have sanctioned the purchase of 11 new players if they were intent on seeing us being relegated, irrespective of how kean any of them are. Bolton are also hampered by the FFP and Rhodes wage will use a considerable chunk of their future earnings. as far as Freedman being the new messiah goes, let`s wait and see eh!.

Sell Rhodes and get the outstanding transfer fee liability off the books and save £2millionish in wages - that's a start.

The so called £2m / month loss has been widely speculated / reported and not down to me, however, I have said several times that I think we are deep in the financial proverbial as our actions this summer would seem to demonstrate.

We have new players coming in by the dozen, so it seems, all very, very low cost options as we appear to pay the 'deadwood' a fortune in order to get a longer term saving by getting their huge wages off the books.

IMO, FFP has more holes than a sieve and savvy owners / operators will find a way round it if they are minded to.

I for one don't want to lose our better players and see loads and loads of journeymen come in to replace them. If anyone can see a coherent strategy in what Rovers are doing and something that will move us forward then I wish they would share it.

The only time we will find out the true investment by Venkys is after they have gone.

Until that point they could, at any point, put all the "investment" into debts burdened on the club.

Ive said it before but there is no way, no way these lot are pouring 2 mill a month down the drain unless they are using a washing machine. It would be financial suicide and would put their other businesses under threat. I can just see their shareholders going along with that. As with all things Venkys non of it makes sense but there must be an end game somewhere !

I think the strategy is to buy players who are suited to the Championship League One and are on championship League One wages?

I cannot see us leaving this division anytime soon so this is a must.

...more like.

Archived