BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

There's enough in this squad to get Rovers mid-table/playoff outsiders.

Failure to achieve this will come down to the manager. I still think it's too early to be casting doubts over GB. Good money would be on him having Tony Parkes syndrome, but considering his fine work last season in saving the club, he's earned more than three games before he's hung out to dry. What the club needs more than ever right now is continuity. Success doesn't always breed continuity. Often it works the other way around. Some will disagree and call for an experienced head. Those same people deserve slapping with a wet fish for still believing that's within Venky's remit.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness we can't possibly any worse off than at this stage last year. The mess that Kean left will take years to clear up. Having said that, the shambles that was the Donny game can't be repeated. There needs to be more creativity and some attacking nous.

I keep saying "10 games" - he should get ten games. The team gets ten games to gel. We get the injured players back like, er, DJ, and er thingy and whatshisface. Then we take a look.

However, should the unthinkable happen, nowt tomorrow, nowt against wee dougies lot and wee ginger bstard's lot then they'll not be a sane man left in the building. But if the performances were anything like Donny... Crazy eh? And we all know how Venkys listen to the fans don't we?!?!

Leaving us with.... The next man. God help us.

Having said all that - i think we'll win tomorrow.

Oh yeah, sorry, er hopefully a winger or a playmaker etc - get them all in.

David Vaughan could be off to Reading. Why haven't we made these types of signings? It's so frustrating. You'd guarantee that would be money well spent.

That`s the thing Neal, as Bowyer has said the club is working behind the scenes to bring in the right players. Sometimes they may make approaches for a player and get knocked back by club or the player, we don`t always hear who they have or haven`t approached.

unlocked-open-empty-safe-blank-note-1333

Lol , have you just learnt how to copy and paste. :lol:

David Vaughan could be off to Reading. Why haven't we made these types of signings? It's so frustrating. You'd guarantee that would be money well spent.

Reading have done well so far. Royston Drenthe is a crazy signing. He looked the business at Everton and could have held down a place at Real Madrid if he'd managed to keep his ego in check. He is far and away the best player in this league.

Rovers are not going to sell him on the cheap. Don't see Bolton/Davies spending that kind of money to get him. couldn't even afford to sign Moritz before they got rid of Andrews. And now cant even sign Baird who would be good signing but cant afford him.

Bolton need a new Centre back, right back, winger and 2 strikers at least in my view. Bolton squad depth is very weak and really none existed.

speaking to some Bolton fans today at Work have said they don't a squad to even for the playoffs challenging. They said that Bolton need at least 4 or 5 players in before the transfer closes.

very good post there Rovers11.

Fans wanted a the squad to be overhaul and players to leave. this have been done and still Fans moaned. Bowyer has cut the wage bill and sign players will experience at this level like alot of fans wanted.

Also Alan Nixon has said that Rovers have appointed a new chief Scout. does anybody know who it is???

Don't worry Chaddy no way would Jordan be interested in signing for that lot, they're not going up and they can't afford him anyway.

I also heard a little rumour today, although I am certainly not usually an ITK.

That JR is a particular favourite of a certain member of the RAO family, who thinks he is the ' Bees Knees '

Jordan that is !

In all fairness we can't possibly any worse off than at this stage last year. The mess that Kean left will take years to clear up. Having said that, the shambles that was the Donny game can't be repeated. There needs to be more creativity and some attacking nous.

I keep saying "10 games" - he should get ten games. The team gets ten games to gel. We get the injured players back like, er, DJ, and er thingy and whatshisface. Then we take a look.

However, should the unthinkable happen, nowt tomorrow, nowt against wee dougies lot and wee ginger bstard's lot then they'll not be a sane man left in the building. But if the performances were anything like Donny... Crazy eh? And we all know how Venkys listen to the fans don't we?!?!

Leaving us with.... The next man. God help us.

Having said all that - i think we'll win tomorrow.

Oh yeah, sorry, er hopefully a winger or a playmaker etc - get them all in.

I think tomorrow is very important Bob, - need a win.

Wrong thread but 3-1 with JR(2) and Best.

What a lift that would give everybody, and put the frighteners on Bolton and Bunnley.

Reading have done well so far. Royston Drenthe is a crazy signing. He looked the business at Everton and could have held down a place at Real Madrid if he'd managed to keep his ego in check. He is far and away the best player in this league.

Yeah, I remember him playing at left back against Rovers a few years ago in Europe ( PSV ? ). He looked the business then even as a young player.

Yeah, I remember him playing at left back against Rovers a few years ago in Europe ( PSV ? ). He looked the business then even as a young player.

Yes agree he's a fine player, but unfortunately because he's such a speed merchant, that is often his problem, needs to calm down a bit sometimes,

and make to right decision, according to an Everton pal anyway.

Definitely top notch at this level though.

Why does Bowyer keep saying crap like 'we'll get a body in for the next game'. We all know its rollocks, so stop saying it Gary, please.

Hope to God that Cairney keeps Lowe or Marrow out the side.

I think Bowyer is probably a genuine bloke and you have to imagine, the pressure he is under when being asked those questions by the media.

Only a few months ago he had a very steady job, which he seemed to be pretty good at.

Must be very difficult for the man, bearing in mind all the problems we've had, I'm sure the last thing he wants, is to sound like Steve Kean,

but he also knows he has to be positive.

I really would like him to do well, but is he up to the job ?

Time will tell.

Agree about Cairney BTW.

A midfielder who can pass the ball, what's that all about ?

Why does Bowyer keep saying crap like 'we'll get a body in for the next game'. We all know its rollocks, so stop saying it Gary, please.

Hope to God that Cairney keeps Lowe or Marrow out the side.

A deal for striker fell through this morning. Nixon has said this tonight. he doesn't know who the striker was tho.

Cairney will start with either Evans or Lowe.

Pleased that Bowyer has now got a Chief scout(Source is Nixon) in now so they can put together a proper scouting system in place. don't know who it is apart from he is British. would like to see a director of Football come in aswell like Steve Coppell.

A deal for striker fell through this morning. Nixon has said this tonight. he doesn't know who the striker was tho.

Pleased that Bowyer has now got a Chief scout(Source is Nixon) in now so they can put together a proper scouting system in place. don't know who it is apart from he is British. would like to see a director of Football come in aswell like Steve Coppell.

Chaddy we all know it will be Lowe, don't we ?

Strange that Steve C, never seems to come back north, apart from his Man City debacle - he was far too honest for the rubbish going on there at the time. IMO of course.

• Backroom

We say we have no money but we have bulked up the squad needlessly whereas if we went for quality over quantity we could potentially have been better off

Hypothetical question do people think we would be better with:

Judge

Cairney

Evans

Marrow

Or Lewis McGuigan and David Vaughan? Sure there will be a difference in wages but probably not much

He'll scour the market for free transfers then, doesn't look like we'll spend any money anytime soon.

• Backroom

Yh but would they have signed for Rovers?

Maybe not but it would have been nice to have seen some ambition

Don't get me wrong I feel Bowyers hands have been tied here but if we bring in more untested uninspired players after shifting more 'deadwood' now it will be berg disappointing, the Australian in particular sounds like a potential new low in the recent history of signing players

Archived