BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Maybe not but it would have been nice to have seen some ambition

Don't get me wrong I feel Bowyers hands have been tied here but if we bring in more untested uninspired players after shifting more 'deadwood' now it will be berg disappointing, the Australian in particular sounds like a potential new low in the recent history of signing players

We've been crying out for depth in the middle of the park for several seasons. Yes ideally we'd have bought one or two 'better' players but all it would only take an injury or two and then we're back to playing players out of position.

At the start of this season I think most fans were content with the players we had bought, or at least with the strengthening of centre midfield. Losing Rochina has been a massive blow and we're going to struggle to buy anyone of any serious quality between now and Sept.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair comments PV. But they don't make me feel any better. I too think that we should have thanked Bowyer for his sterling efforts last year and moulded him into the next Tony Parkes. Meanwhile bringing in a credible, experienced manager.

A novice manager and a bunch of prospects in our midfield, is not a great combination. We do have firepower in Best and Rhodes but we are not using them correctly. Our defence is probably our strongest position, yet we haven't kept a clean sheet in 4 games. I can't remember any in pre-season, either although that may be being unfair

To be honest while it may not be much to go on there is plenty to be positive about this year. For one you need to look to the past, we no longer have Steve Kean at the helm, we have a squad that is slowly but surely getting trimmed down, Venky's god for bid have been sensible in the off season and not made any daft decisions.

In regards to downgrading the squad you need to look at the departure, did Martin O really do anything last year? Did Rosado, Murphy, Pedersen, Henrique, Nuno Gomes, David Goodwillie, Edinho, Formica, all part of the starting 11 constantly last year? Not really. There are all players on big wages that we no longer need. We need Orr, Ribiero, Paul Robinson, Etuhu, and Givet to follow as well soon. We have replaced them with people who know this division, DJ Campbell has gone up twice (Blackpool, QPR), Cairney/Evans (Hull), Best went up with NUFC, we have players who know this league and can contribute a lot.

More importantly whether you like Bowyer or not realistically no one would even touch Blackburn Rovers at the moment because of what has gone on in the past 3 years. We need a steady ship Bowyer can at least do that. I am confident we won't go down this year, and I would settle for boring mid table. The truth of the matter is we aren't in a position to be entitled or picky. Right now it is the first time in 3 years I am so what relaxed, and happy with my Rovers which is not at all what I could have said beforehand.

We've been crying out for depth in the middle of the park for several seasons. Yes ideally we'd have bought one or two 'better' players but all it would only take an injury or two and then we're back to playing players out of position.

At the start of this season I think most fans were content with the players we had bought, or at least with the strengthening of centre midfield. Losing Rochina has been a massive blow and we're going to struggle to buy anyone of any serious quality between now and Sept.

Have'nt always agreed with your posts, but I think you are have got it pretty well summed up here. I think Rochina could have been a revelation

this season, but imagine if we had started like a train and we were top of the league after say 6 games, who would we have, that could

do what this fella can do, if he got himself injured

I think GB is probably thinking,try to bring In a few players of fairly decent quality. Rochina types don't turn up every day.

All the best BTW.

We say we have no money but we have bulked up the squad needlessly whereas if we went for quality over quantity we could potentially have been better off

Hypothetical question do people think we would be better with:

Judge

Cairney

Evans

Marrow

Or Lewis McGuigan and David Vaughan? Sure there will be a difference in wages but probably not much

Totally agree with this.

We already had the bulk. Quality was what was needed. Cairney could be ok too, looks a more creative player to me.

Yes agree he's a fine player, but unfortunately because he's such a speed merchant, that is often his problem, needs to calm down a bit sometimes,

and make to right decision, according to an Everton pal anyway.

Definitely top notch at this level though.

Your pal could be right, he does seem a bit impetuous at times. The ability to make the correct decision at real speed is the one that separates the stars from the nearly men. On the other hand he's got pace, a great left foot, good engine and he can tackle, also he doesn't stand on ceremony and can be aggressive when he needs to be. Having said all that he should be outstanding in this league. Given a choice of Drenthe or the good Ollsen it's a no brainier for me.

We say we have no money but we have bulked up the squad needlessly whereas if we went for quality over quantity we could potentially have been better off

Judge

Cairney

Evans

Marrow

Or Lewis McGuigan and David Vaughan? Sure there will be a difference in wages but probably not much

Interesting question.

Who stands to gain from all of this transfer churn? Not Rovers by the looks of it.

Why on earth we signed that guy Watford didn't want any more is another good one.

Why does Bowyer keep saying crap like 'we'll get a body in for the next game'. We all know its rollocks, so stop saying it Gary, please.

Hope to God that Cairney keeps Lowe or Marrow out the side.

Bowyer isn't responsible for bringing players in, that falls to Mr Shaw, so you're being a bit unfair Somerset. Sadly the responsibility for bringing decent players in does fall to Bowyer, and he's filled the squad full of average players that are more likely to take us down than take us up.

Judge

Cairney

Evans

Marrow

Hull fans are very unhappy at Cairney leaving so not sure whether he should be included in that list.

im happy with some signing. if evans and cairney start today we may see a big improvement. nothing is guarenteed in football as everyone before the start of last season was estatic on sigining murphy. that certainly didnt turn out well. we havent lost one good player in the pre season as nearly everyone let us down last season.

i believe lowe being out of the team will be a big improvement as apart from energy this lad has nothing. as poor as marrow was against forest he was far superiour to lowe. at least he won a few headers and a couple of tackles. i just hope if we are to play with 2 outright strikers again today then we play with 3 at the back as we were over run in midfield

Nahki Wells has become the first EVER Bradford City player to score in 8 consecutive games....

Scored 26 goals last season, and set a personal aim of 30 goals this season following Bradfords promotion..........

Bradford want £1.5 million rising to £2,5 million with odd ons......

GB likes him but can only see it happen if JR Goes......

Ideal player for counter attack style ....

Has that player we signed from the conference been playing in the reserves. Can't remember his name but he was said to be lightening quick. Just wondered how he looked

I believe he scored in the last u21 game

In the Defoe mould, believe Bowyer is a fan, what you heard John?

I would be very happy if Rovers could sign Wells. He would be very different type of striker that we haven't got.

Nahki Wells has become the first EVER Bradford City player to score in 8 consecutive games....

Scored 26 goals last season, and set a personal aim of 30 goals this season following Bradfords promotion..........

Bradford want £1.5 million rising to £2,5 million with odd ons......

GB likes him but can only see it happen if JR Goes......

Ideal player for counter attack style ....

IMO, Wells could play at this level. 1.5 mil would be a bargain for him.

Watch his goals on the Football league show on now.

Disagree that we should sign Wells Chaddy. Good pacy striker but wouldn't compliment Rhodes, nor replace him as he is not a lone striker.

I thought Rhodes was excellent today in terms of his link up play, the 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 formation worked very well, with Dunn playing very well in the hole.

We cannot afford to sell Rhodes. I would replace him with Becchio and sign 1/2 wingers if we got a massive offer from a Premier League team, but to be honest we can't afford to sell him now.

Archived