BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jimmy Anderson will retire from Test matches after the first test but carry playing for Lancs for the season. 

What a proper legend and I will remember him forever. He is fantastic and legend of English cricket

Actually embarrassing from Lancs.

They need to start investing some of their vast wealth into the playing squad - they're likely to get relegated from the County Championship this season. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

You can tell where the priority lies if you go on the website , it's all about eventing,  corporate stuff, cricket seems secondary in priorities. 

It absolutely is. They had Allott on the SKY broadcast last week - he was waxing lyrical about the new hotel and the fact the Foo Fighters were coming to town in the summer. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover

I'd love Jimmy Anderson to try his hand at bowling coach for Lancashire primarily, and then join the England set up. He'll go straight into the England set up though. I think working with the young lads in the county game rather than just the top guys would be better in the long run.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good world cup so after. 

England lost yesterday and we clearly let the Aussies scored 40 more runs than we should have done. I still think Brook should be batting 4 and Livingstone at 5. Boundaries are smaller and we need our big hitters in the top 5. 

I'm watching quite a bit of it.

Whomever put Jacks on to bowl that 2nd over yesterday should be back home by now.

India out for 119 so Pakistan in with a good chance on a drying wicket.

I quite like the look of South Africa but the Aussies will take some stopping and India won't bat again as badly as they have tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

the Aussies will take some stopping 

I’m not watching any of it but as long as this lot don’t win I’ll be happy 

• Like 2

Amazing how that font of all knowledge Ian Ward had absolutely no fucking idea how the net run rate system worked. How could a win as comprehensive as England's not significantly improve the NRR (which is what that clown insisted was the case until the stats men put up the updated group table)? Stealing a living!

I still think the convicts will throw the game against the jocks to knock us out. I would if the roles were reversed. If they'll sandpaper a ball I'm sure they'll give catching practice to the Scots fielders.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Coming up to 5.30 am local time. Up late watching England v Namibia.

I may as well have breakfast, take the cat for a walk and then watch what the Aussies do.

I think they go for the win as usual, they don't fear us. At least I hope that's what happens but you can't really rely on convict offspring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Well done the Aussies 🏏

At least 5 dropped catches, sloppy lazy fielding, long hop bowling, Maxwell doing a brilliant impression of a full blooded Scot.

Fortunately there were enough Aussie batsmen who wanted the win and they put them over the line.

Having said that I no not think there was any Aussie plan to chuck the game, rather a lax approach and under estimating and good Scotland side.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I honestly cannot remember seeing anything like that before mate. Amazing figures 

I once watched Brian Langford bowl 8 Overs 8 Maidens for Somerset against Essex in the John Player League.

• Like 3