BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Just tuned in to TMS and England have fought back well this afternoon - helps when I go away and do something useful instead

England need to win this match and square the series to justify Bazball - otherwise it's pointless

And another Bairstow wicketkeeping cock-up - if there's one player who's cost us the Ashes more than any other, it's him 

Smith was out. The umpires got it wrong according to the Sky commentary team after a 50 minute group analysis.

Pointing said he'll check tomorrows papers.

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Smith was out. The umpires got it wrong according to the Sky commentary team after a 50 minute group analysis.

Pointing said he'll check tomorrows papers.

I’ve just seen a replay of the smith run out that wasn’t. What the fuck was the 3rd umpire watching. Even forgetting that dope bairstow had glanced the stumps before receiving the ball my 15 second analysis is the entire stump subsequently went backwards before smith was in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’ve just seen a replay of the smith run out that wasn’t. What the fuck was the 3rd umpire watching. Even forgetting that dope bairstow had glanced the stumps before receiving the ball my 15 second analysis is the entire stump subsequently went backwards before smith was in.

The umpire ruled the bail was dislodged prior to Bairstow having the ball.

At that point he would have needed to pull the stump out the ground (whilst holding the ball) for it to have been out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gav said:

England have dominated today, no doubt about that, against an Aussie side trying to survive at all costs. 

Looking forward to the weekend 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Dominated to the extent that the Aussies have a small lead on first innings ......

Only 2 days in and all its proved is that scoring quickly all out over 5O overs is just about the same as scoring slowly all out over 100 overs.

That continues and the obvious happens.

IF we can do the Bazball routine at 5 RPO for all day tomorrow then we probably win.

If we are out short order there's a problem because the Aussie experiment in today's first session will not be repeated.

The Aussies are batting 4th so that helps us.

Jekyll and Hyde from England. Bowled poorly early in the innings and an excellent afternoon session spoilt by letting their last 3 wickets put on about 120.  The way we bowled at Murphy was embarrassing. Only a one-eyed Bazball groupie would say we dominated 

England need to bat carefully and not give their wickets away and build a decent score - a minimum of 275. Is Moeen fit to play? 

14 hours ago, Gav said:

England have dominated today, no doubt about that, against an Aussie side trying to survive at all costs. 

Looking forward to the weekend 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

exactly Gav. England have been in control and the way we bowled was good tom watch. We had our plans and we stuck to them. 

Aussies shown no positive intent 

• Like 1

I really enjoy reading back on the ‘in-play’ posts of some folk on here, they are hilarious, bordering on embarrassing. It’s the same when the Rovers are playing. Oddly, it is normally at its funniest when England have had a bad period in the game. Which probably explains why it’s so quiet today. 

Speaking of silences stay away Gav 😂😂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Excellent session for England.

The Aussies look tired and somewhat disinterested with an eye on the plane home with the Urn already theirs.

And a wicket falls straight after lunch. Sometimes it's best to say nowt when England are going well 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

And sometimes it’s best not to overreact when things aren’t going quite so well. 

Yes I agree. There's far too much negativity

England just lost 2 quick wickets and need to be careful now; there's not much batting to come

Edited by jim mk2

23 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Lead is now over 250. If we can see out the day with no drama we could win this. The Aussies look tired.

This has the potential to be a record run chase for the Aussies, given how much time there is left in the match. Who would bet against it though?

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It shouldn't happen, but you never know. I'd look to bat until lunch tomorrow, then declare. Assuming the weather forecast is fine that is.

Yeah that seems about right. 5 sessions to bowl them out should be enough. It also gives Moeen Ali a chance to be ready to bowl.

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This has the potential to be a record run chase for the Aussies, given how much time there is left in the match. Who would bet against it though?

Bradman's Aussies chased down 404, so leave them to chase 405+, but the weather is going to be an issue so on reflection I agree with the 375 declaration. In summary ... I don't know...

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1