BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 20/06/2024 at 13:28, oldjamfan1 said:

Very good performance by England overnight in the T20 WC. Absolutely battered the West Indies and if they carry on playing like that are in with a shout of retaining the trophy.

Well they just restricted South Africa to 163-6. Oh we’ve just lost Salt. 

• Like 1

It was a good game with excellent fielding skills on show.

We need to beat the USA tomorrow  now. I have a gut feeling that we will sneak through on NRR, though it’s a slight worry that both the Saffers and the WI will know what they need to qualify and it might be possible for them to contrive a result to ensure they both go through. In that sense we need to make sure we go above SA on NRR before the start of their game. I ‘think’ we are sure to qualify then, whatever happens.

Maybe someone cleverer than me can confirm that?

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was a good game with excellent fielding skills on show.

We need to beat the USA tomorrow  now. I have a gut feeling that we will sneak through on NRR, though it’s a slight worry that both the Saffers and the WI will know what they need to qualify and it might be possible for them to contrive a result to ensure they both go through. In that sense we need to make sure we go above SA on NRR before the start of their game. I ‘think’ we are sure to qualify then, whatever happens.

Maybe someone cleverer than me can confirm that?

I can confirm that’s correct - I deny this means I’m cleverer than you 😀

• Like 1

4 wickets in 5 balls including a hat trick by Jordan.

That's the first time that I can recall watching such an over.

Well done Jordan, one for the memories.

Now get the win as quickly as possible and for as few wickets down as possible to bump the NRR. I assume that how it works.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Looks like we’ll be playing India, unless the convicts absolutely hammer them and/or there’s a huge victory for Afghanistan in the other game.

If Australia bat first they need to win by around 40 runs to go above India

If India bat first Australia need to get the runs in around 15 overs.

The actual figures depend on the exact first innings score.

Please don’t take this as gospel, I may well have fucked up my calculations 😁😁 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

Be careful! That's the nature of 20-20! One off-day and you're out.

But, yes, much glee.

Not bothered if England win or not. It's 20-20, I don't take it seriously

But any humiliation of that lot is welcome. I hope Hazlewood enjoys his journey home

• Like 1

I'm soooo glad I set my alarm to get up and watch that. Absolute thatre, especially with the rain interruptions and the DLS fluctuations. That 9th wicket for the Afghans was a spine tingling moment and I'm sure all Aussie hearts sank at that point.

And what about that slip fielder that went down with a 'hamstring injury', funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. I can imagine even the cheating convicts being outraged at that one!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'm soooo glad I set my alarm to get up and watch that. Absolute thatre, especially with the rain interruptions and the DLS fluctuations. That 9th wicket for the Afghans was a spine tingling moment and I'm sure all Aussie hearts sank at that point.

And what about that slip fielder that went down with a 'hamstring injury', funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. I can imagine even the cheating convicts being outraged at that one!!

I think Jonathan Trott was signalling "calm down, slow down" which got interpreted as "go down, go down", at least the player didn't clutch his face and do have a dozen rolls whilst screaming 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Rashid Khan is a superb bowler and entertainer. His bat chucking almost as accurate as his bowling.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

43 runs in an over - ouch…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/articles/c4nng85x104

Same player nearly pulls off an incredible win:

IMG_1724.thumb.jpeg.fbb6281c6606b3c064ff1d23b375f707.jpeg

So close to leading Leics to a remarkable victory.

Never mind, a Sussex win is bad news for Yorkshire 🙂

Good win for Lancs in Division One, and now out of relegation zone.

Jimmy Anderson set to play in the next match at Southport which starts on Sunday.

• Like 4

Big game for England in the T20 World Cup semi-final against India this afternoon - Sky sports 3-30pm. We need everyone to be on top form if we are to get to the final. The weather forecast in Guyana is for scattered thunderstorms and there is no provision for a reserve day so India would go through if there is no result as they topped their Super 8 group. If we do, it’s going to be even tougher against a South Africa side who are unbeaten so far after demolishing Afghanistan(56 all out) in their semi-final. Some Lancashire grit from Buttler, Salt, Livingstone and possibly Tom Hartley required.

Edited by Riversider28
  • Like 1