BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead

Nobody does batting collapses like England.
Salt always seems to give his wicket away too cheaply as well. Fairly damming stats that we only beat one proper test nation in the tournament- so reaching the semis not quite the achievement Stokes is trying to frame it as, IMO.

• Like 1

England needs to rebuild the team. I would make Zak Crawley the captain of the team. 

I would like to Ben Duckett in the team and he should be opening the batting with Phil Salt. 

I would put Zak Crawley at 3, Harry Brook at 4 and Bring in Jamie Smith at number 5 and keeper in this team with Will Jacks at 6 and the all rounder in the team. 

I would also bring in the squad Will Smeed, Joe Clarke and Tom Banton. 

Archer needs to lead this attack with Curran, Atkinson and Topley with Ahmed as the main spinner. 

The final has all the ingredients for a great match.

Two good batting and bowling lineups.

India will start as favourites but if SA bat first and de Kock bats long they will be in will a good chance.

I want my early pick of SA to take the trophy.

I hope it doesn't rain on the rainy season.......🤔🤔🤔

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Yet another SA bottle job.

At a RRR of under 7 they had it bagged, thanks to Klaasen, then Millers slow run accumulation made it difficult.

He was out to that brilliant boundary catch, if that had gone for 6 probably a different result.

Miller had a very poor tournament.

Failures in the top order and no real threat in the tail hampered SA.

Kohli turned up on the big day.

India are No 1 in batting and bowling so SA did get close but did bottle it to lose.

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At a RRR of under 7 they had it bagged, thanks to Klaasen, then Millers slow run accumulation made it difficult.

He was out to that brilliant boundary catch, if that had gone for 6 probably a different result.

Miller had a very poor tournament.

Failures in the top order and no real threat in the tail hampered SA.

Kohli turned up on the big day.

India are No 1 in batting and bowling so SA did get close but did bottle it to lose.

I’ve only just seen the catch.

It looked like he caught it (having thrown it in the air) before he landed back in the field of play.

Doesn’t that mean it should have been a six?

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’ve only just seen the catch.

It looked like he caught it (having thrown it in the air) before he landed back in the field of play.

Doesn’t that mean it should have been a six?

I need to see it again.

I think the sequence was ok. Caught on field, thrown up whilst still on field, stepped over and back at the boundary line and then caught again on field.

It was naturally checked in real time by the 3rd umpire, but I still will have another look.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I need to see it again.

I think the sequence was ok. Caught on field, thrown up whilst still on field, stepped over and back at the boundary line and then caught again on field.

It was naturally checked in real time by the 3rd umpire, but I still will have another look.

Looks caught whilst still in the air to me…

IMG_1732.thumb.jpeg.3e2ee9867d68bd3288cb80810b4c3d51.jpeg

17 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't know the exact rules, I'd assumed as he was back over the boundary he was ok despite being airborne.

Looked it up.

Seems the rules changed in 2017 so…

1. That catch is deemed fair

2. My knowledge was out of date 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jamie Smith set to become England Wicketkeeper for the incoming test series with Bairstow set to be drop

England to name Jamie Smith as wicketkeeper for West Indies Test series (msn.com)

I still don’t think Foakes is getting a fair do. This fella might be the next Gilchrist or even a Prior but foakes is still reputed to have the best glove work in the world and he can bat. They seem desperate to get rid of him. I’m sure foakes is also still the primary keeper for Surrey ahead of this guy, he definitely was vs Worcestershire. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

I still don’t think Foakes is getting a fair do. This fella might be the next Gilchrist or even a Prior but foakes is still reputed to have the best glove work in the world and he can bat. They seem desperate to get rid of him. I’m sure foakes is also still the primary keeper for Surrey ahead of this guy, he definitely was vs Worcestershire. 

Foakes is a very good keeper but doesn't Smith keep in white ball for Surrey? I'm thinking Smith will also take the gloves in white ball cricket for us

Spent yesterday at Southport waiting for the rain to clear. No luck. Not there today but play got underway and this morning saw Jimmy in his first outing this season, take 7/35. Notts following on so might go tomorrow if it’s not over.

BTW, Anderson and Lyon bowling for Lancs. Two all time greats playing for the same county at the same time. When does that happen?

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The way Test cricket is going maybe the last time we will ever see it.

I would say the way county cricket is going…..

On 02/07/2024 at 15:17, den said:

BTW, Anderson and Lyon bowling for Lancs. Two all time greats playing for the same county at the same time. When does that happen?

A new if pretty obscure county record that. This Lancs team is the one with the most test wickets in championship history - 700 for Anderson and 530 for Lyon. The previous record was also a Lancs team and also the only other with over 1,000 test wickets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

James Anderson last test match starts today. 

Interesting to see how Gus Atkinson and Jamie Smith play in their first test

Gus has started rather well!

• Like 1