BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Gus has started rather well!

Just got even better, missed a hattrick by 1 ball, but has 5 wickets to his name so far.

• Like 1

great to have  proper cricket back instead of unwashed chav cricket. Nowt better than a hot summers (sorry monsoon ) day listening to TMS ( only thing worth listening to on BBC these days) driving the motorways.

• Like 2

A Test finished in just over 2 days does the future of Test cricket no good at all.

The WI batting was pathetic and it is hoped that they can only get better.

Great debut by Atkinson and a fond farewell to Anderson after a superb career.

• Like 3

Sad to see how poor the West Indies are compared to the greats of the past, many of who played in the Lancashire League. Maybe Sir Vivian should have a word with the current crop. 

46 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Sad to see how poor the West Indies are compared to the greats of the past, many of who played in the Lancashire League. Maybe Sir Vivian should have a word with the current crop. 

Or brings his whites to the second test 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Or brings his whites to the second test 

He’d probably turn out if we sent him some meat and potato pie and mushy peas. Same for Sir Wesley Hall, but that may be pushing it as the great man is 86. 
it is testament to how great some of the West Indies players were when you consider how many are Knights of the Realm. 

• Like 1

Pretty enthralling test match going on at Trent Bridge. West Indies chasing down 385 with a day to go.

Cant see them doing it, although the pitch is flat and the ball is doing nothing, a much better contest than the first test. 

trent bridge is always a batting paradise,shame that cricket is`nt king in the west indies anymore,kids aspire to go  to college in america on a basketball or athetic scholarship,the site of malcolm marshall,joel garner,michael holding and  curtly ambrose getting fired up and demolishing batsmen was the main reason kids of my age loved cricket,they made the game exciting,same with the batsmen,seeing king viv,gordon greenidge etc taking attacks apart with massive strokes,great times

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

trent bridge is always a batting paradise,shame that cricket is`nt king in the west indies anymore,kids aspire to go  to college in america on a basketball or athetic scholarship,the site of malcolm marshall,joel garner,michael holding and  curtly ambrose getting fired up and demolishing batsmen was the main reason kids of my age loved cricket,they made the game exciting,same with the batsmen,seeing king viv,gordon greenidge etc taking attacks apart with massive strokes,great times

I noticed watching the highlights yesterday there was hardly a noise when the Windies took a wicket,i remember the stands full of Windies fans back in the 80s when they ruled the test scene.

• Like 2

On 23/07/2024 at 12:58, den said:

The new ground being built about 2 miles from me.

“And ultimately for 1st team cricket

Yeah right Paul, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Crawley is a lucky lad to be playing in the era he does. Forty six Tests with an average of just 32.

Was the revolving door approach to the batting line up in the 90s the correct one? No, batsmen deserve a chance but surely 46 Tests is long enough to realise this fella will never be consistent and should have to fight for his place.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

On 21/07/2024 at 18:41, Darrenbot said:

I noticed watching the highlights yesterday there was hardly a noise when the Windies took a wicket,i remember the stands full of Windies fans back in the 80s when they ruled the test scene.

What happened to the steel bands that used to be at all the Windies tests?

The only time you hear them now is on the signature music for "Today at the Test" on BBC TV

On 26/07/2024 at 21:17, Ianrally said:

“And ultimately for 1st team cricket

Yeah right Paul, I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Oh it absolutely will - it means they can rent Old Trafford out for more gigs and not have to go cap in hand to Blackpool et al. 

England batsman Graham Thorpe has passed away today aged 55. 

Thanks for all the great memories you gave us like your inning in Pakistan in 2000 to win the series in the dark or your top score in New Zealand which was great inning.

RIP Graham Thorpe 🏏

• Like 1