BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sad news, one of the top players in the era I was growing up. I remember his century with only a single boundary in it, looking back that's testament to grit, patience and skill being able to manipulate the field for so long. I don't think many of today's Test batsmen could do that.

A sad day for English cricket.

Another spanking for Lancs in the 50 overs. I genuinely can’t think of an occasion in my lifetime where Lancashire have been totally dominated in 6 consecutive white ball games (even red ball). Not just losing but never ahead or even doing ok at any point in any game.

I appreciate the 100/the ECB have consigned it to a reserve xi tournament but still. 

• Like 1

RIP Graham. 
So very sad to hear but I think he has suffered from depression for some time including when he had to return home from a tour. A fine batsman for England and a terrible outcome for his family.  

Simon bloody Mann and another Southerner slagging off Manchester again on Test Match Special, it’s every time they come up here.

If you don’t like it chaps, don’t come, I’m sure staying down South and hiding under your beds will be more productive.

On the cricket itself, England on easy street and have Sri Lanka 66/4 in the sun at Old Trafford. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Simon bloody Mann and another Southerner slagging off Manchester again on Test Match Special, it’s every time they come up here.

If you don’t like it chaps, don’t come, I’m sure staying down South and hiding under your beds will be more productive.

On the cricket itself, England on easy street and have Sri Lanka 66/4 in the sun at Old Trafford. 

What were they slagging Manchester off for Gav?

For once in my life I’ve beaten the rail industry and also for once a northern rail employee has done me a solid. Off to the cricket today and in Clitheroe station the conductor said there’s a tree down at Blackburn. His words were “I’ll bet you and I would probably be able to shift it in 10 mins but they’ll turn it in to a palaver.” So I naffed off back home and drove to the hotel instead.

Just checked the app and the train is still at Blackburn. 😬 Also as a warning to anyone thinking of going from Bburn on the train - don’t. 

• Like 3

Sri Lanka digging in here, 247-6 and lead by 125.

If they can get to a 200 lead, it gives them something to defend. 

No Mark Wood for the rest of the game either. 

Decent test in the end. They made a game of it which looked highly unlikely. A very poorly attended match though but it’s such a dreadful venue in a lot of ways.

At £75 on day 3 in a scaffold stand then £90 under the hotel I don’t think the pricing was anywhere near what it should have been for a match vs Ceylon. Plus that horrible grey soviet style hotel was about 2/3rds empty and the red shed hotel about half empty. So presumably priced those all wrong as well.

Christ knows what they have up their sleeves when pricing up India and when next get an ashes match.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, matt83 said:

Decent test in the end. They made a game of it which looked highly unlikely. A very poorly attended match though but it’s such a dreadful venue in a lot of ways.

At £75 on day 3 in a scaffold stand then £90 under the hotel I don’t think the pricing was anywhere near what it should have been for a match vs Ceylon. Plus that horrible grey soviet style hotel was about 2/3rds empty and the red shed hotel about half empty. So presumably priced those all wrong as well.

Christ knows what they have up their sleeves when pricing up India and when next get an ashes match.

Swathes of empty seats tells its own story, they go the pricing terribly wrong and they risk losing future tests if we can't fill those seats. 

• Like 1

No surprise at the crowd.

Wednesday start so no weekend day is going to attract a decent gate to start with, so a lot of eggs in Friday’s basket, plus it’s been the most low key cricket summer I can remember with the Euros and Olympics as competition, and low profile tourers these days in the Windies and Sri Lanka.

But no excuses as it’s up therefore up to Lancs to assess this summer’s market and price it accordingly, and they didn’t.

Edited by Mattyblue