BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going up

I think one of the key things is Bowyer's ability to change tactics. We didn't play great when we tried to use Cairney just behind Rhodes and he's changed it...although it was sort of forced re Best.

Hopefully with Rhodes and Best being one option and Rhodes with Dunn or Rochina (maybe Marshall) behind being the other, we'll be able to mix it up a bit.

So fingers crossed he'll have learnt from that and we'll play like Tuesday more times than not.

I'm hoping Burnley and Blackpool fall away and we'll get a play off place. I think the others that are there now will be in similar places come the end of the season.

Making the play offs is such a scary thought...imagine losing the final. Anyway, I'll just concentrate on Wigan instead!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm confident in Bowyer's ability to change things when they need changing.

How often over the last few years with Kean, Appleton etc did we see the team and say 'why is he playing?'

It feels different with Bowyer and this set of players.

I think its pretty pointless trying to predict where Rovers will finish at this stage of the season. We had posters before a ball had been kicked saying Rovers would be a mid-table side and that was the best we could hope for.

Im sure that Gary Bowyer and his staff have not accumulated players and promised them midtable mediocrity. They want success along with most of the managers in this league.

I am thrilled to bits we`ve got 6 points from the last two games and the performances seem to be getting better. Supporters have got smiles on their faces. Im just enjoying the moment.

We have a decent squad; a proven goalscorer at this level; some genuine pace which is such an asset; an able manager and back up staff and the financial muscle of our owners, should they wish to use it!

Since Ive moved down here I`ve seen Rovers live 4 times and they`ve won all four! Perhaps I can be optimistic then!

79 points should get you automatic promotion.

10 games in we have accumulated 15 points so a further 64 are required (or thereabouts and based on Hulls total last season).

Rovers need to accumulate 11 points per month if they are to succeed (that's average by the way).

Doable? I think on what I have seen so far Rovers could quite well achieve that type of points total.

I am impressed with the way Rovers have set up, think we might just need a little bit more experience in the middle for the dog fight matches towards the end of the season.

• Backroom

79 points should get you automatic promotion.

10 games in we have accumulated 15 points so a further 64 are required (or thereabouts and based on Hulls total last season).

Rovers need to accumulate 11 points per month if they are to succeed (that's average by the way).

Doable? I think on what I have seen so far Rovers could quite well achieve that type of points total.

I am impressed with the way Rovers have set up, think we might just need a little bit more experience in the middle for the dog fight matches towards the end of the season.

Perhaps where 'promoted' Cairney and Evans and 'experienced' Dann, Dunn, Campbell and Best (ish) will prove valuable.

That pts total is indeed doable but I'd frankly be VERY happy with a playoff place, on balance. But play like we did at Bournemouth and vs Watford, there's a chance we can do even better :)

I would say it's the exact opposite; you don't need to be consistent to succeed in this league. If you extrapolate our points out so far this season we'd have enough for the play-offs judging by last year. Won 4, drawn 3, lost 3, it just shows that it doesn't take a great deal. This league is all about fighting for every single point, because they really matter. Hell, we were only 10 points off the play-offs last season and we narrowly avoided the drop!

Interesting summation XLM - very helpful and a different point of view.

Surprising how close the table is - although arguably the teams that were most consistent in putting in good performances got the play off places - but I grant you that it seems like it's not the mammoth amount of consistency needed, that's normally associated with high league placings.

Think as others have said that the end of season scraps will be crucial; if anything like last season there were all sorts of topsy turvy results at the end. Makes the championship so much more intriguing than the prem.

I'm a big fan of Bowyer and the player's he's brought in and I always try to be optimistic..

But in my honest opinion I think we'll JUST miss the play off places this season but that will hopefully show the owners that if they can handle our debt and pump a little more money in we might just make it next season.

This is almost exactly my take on things.

Although, if Rhodes got injured I honestly think we would have to look nervously over in the relegation shaped direction. Its funny how people keep saying Burnley are going to struggle when injuries hit, but so would we if the main man took a knock.

I'm a big fan of Bowyer and the player's he's brought in and I always try to be optimistic..

But in my honest opinion I think we'll JUST miss the play off places this season but that will hopefully show the owners that if they can handle our debt and pump a little more money in we might just make it next season.

Pump a little more money in? What a little more than the £2.5 million a month thats going in now?My fear is that those losses are still running at that level with little hope of coming right any time soon.Then next year we are a furher £8m short because parachute payments drop.

But is it not the case that under FFP they are not allowed to pile money in even if they want to??

The big worry is that FFP is looming-and i read that we were £20million a year of costs wrong side of the line.So to put that right we are going to have to sell players and downsize our squad arent we??

I would say it's the exact opposite; you don't need to be consistent to succeed in this league. If you extrapolate our points out so far this season we'd have enough for the play-offs judging by last year. Won 4, drawn 3, lost 3, it just shows that it doesn't take a great deal. This league is all about fighting for every single point, because they really matter. Hell, we were only 10 points off the play-offs last season and we narrowly avoided the drop!

BUT.....in order to maintain a W4 D3 L3 record, for a play off spot, you have to be consistant. :blink:

Venky's Velodrome!!!!

Love it Maj !!

Still ,paying £30m a year for the naming rights to cover current level of losses would be a bit steep even for Chicken fiddlers.Doesnt exactly add up that we have been trawling the lower leagues for freebies if the holy grail is to get your return on your money via return to the PL.

3 years on and nobody , including them, has any clue why they are here or what their plan is and tipping cash in every month at the current rate makes even less sense.

We are all as puzzled as we ever were. Thank god there is something fairly encouraging going on at playing level.

Far too early to tell. We in my view have a big and strong enough squad to have a chance. The team does at this stage seem to be gelling and certain key players seem to now be coming into form. The individual errors that were plaguing us a little seem to have near enough gone.

It is a long hard season, injuries could easily derail us - we have already had a good number this season so far. At the moment I am just enjoying seeing a very competitive young Rovers team that seems to be improving with a decent honest and it looks like capable manager.

In terms of promotion we can hope but lets see where we are after Christmas before really making proper judgement.

Could be an interesting weekend coming up baring top two all the teams above us are away like us.

BUT.....in order to maintain a W4 D3 L3 record, for a play off spot, you have to be consistant. :blink:

Consistently inconsistent for a team with some good players and seemingly so organisation this season.

Those stats are barely different to what would happen by chance if you rolled a dice with win, loss and draw as the possible outcomes.

It's less consistency, more just getting on with doing things and avoiding poor runs where possible.

Archived