BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ben Marshall

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The argument being that Marshall will be 'in the Rochina mold', ie: potential replacement. Tbh, I'd put Judge in that category too (although more likely replacing Dunn).

Judge looks very willing but isn't remotely in the same class imo. Unfair to judge Marshall at this stage before seeing him play but I stand by my previous point that we seem to be accumulating a lot of players of similar type, fairly lightweight wide midfielders/wingers when what we actually need is another out and out striker imo.

Easy to tell which one Pedersen was though, the one with a great first touch and fantastic finish. But according to most he's not good enough to play for us anymore.

Also what a great finish from Gomes. Thought he looked very good at the start of last season.

As for Marshall he does seem to have some genuine quality. Put in a very good cross at the start of that vid. Guess we'll find out a bit more after Saturday.

The best part of that video is how happy Steve Kean looks as Pedersen's running to the bench only to then turn and do that awkward walk and fist pump after he realises Peds wasn't going to him.

Bit like Wolves on the last day of the season when Phil Jones went running over

I'm glad we've signed someone who can play left wing, because it is a weak position for us with only;

King (inconsistent)

Nunes (unknown)

Judge (may be needed in the middle)

Is Marshall fit and ready to play on saturday?

Living in Leicester (harrumph ) , most of my lestaaar fan mates reckon he's a gamble at 1million. But all thought he showed lots potential when first came but became more anonymous as season went on. He showed up very well against us away last year, but we were astonishingly bad in that game. Rumour is fell out with Pearson over discipline issues (hic) but obviously no confirmation on this.

Not disputing those allegations cos I suppose its an easy trap to fall in to for any young lad with money to burn. But I also think its important to remember the type of manager he was playing under. Pearson is a safety first manager. His sides are well organised, well drilled and consequently they are hard to beat. The exact opposite of Sven which is probably why they reappointed him. To toughen up that soft underbelly Leicester had shown all too often.

But the fact is any player who has a degree of attacking prowess in a side like that will be stifled. Some managers just don't know how to use them. Dare I say Hyghes had a touch of this at Rovers. When the time came to kick on and add some spark to the side he signed Dunn and had no idea how to use him because he loathed to break free from the 'in your face midfield' he had nurtured. Maybe Marshall just needs the license to do his thing. Maybe he never really had much to offer in the first place. But I think we have to trust the judgement of GB and TMcP here. However, id also say that GB can have no excuses now. Hate them or loathe them, Venkys have allowed him to build his own side here. He has been given a lot of room for manoeuvre and with that comes accountability.

Just out of interest, has anyone else noticed that all the signings are British? Also there was only one non Brit in last Saturday's starting line up.

I wonder if there is any significance or just merely a coincidence.

Tax Dodge.

Alan judge is Irish!

Ireland is part of the British Isles.

But I think we have to trust the judgement of GB and TMcP here. However, id also say that GB can have no excuses now. Hate them or loathe them, Venkys have allowed him to build his own side here. He has been given a lot of room for manoeuvre and with that comes accountability.

Yes. And he must be given time, a lot of time, to bring to fruition his recent, excellent work; not just by the owners but also the fans.

So, if we have a bad patch during the season, as most teams do, we (fans) mustn't start calling for GB's head.

Keep the faith. Support the Rovers. Support GB in all that he is doing. We must have stability.

Onwards and upwards.

Ireland is part of the British Isles.

Y

It used to be in our old school geography text books when half the globe was coloured red but you're playing a risky game saying that now

But Ireland is not part of Britain. Northern Ireland is, but not the Republic.

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom but it is not part of Great Britain.

It used to be in our old school geography text books when half the globe was coloured red but you're playing a risky game saying that now

Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom but it is not part of Great Britain.

I thought the colour was pink, would you prefer blue

Archived