BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ben Marshall

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you took a long time to find an unauthorised view point Jim, anybody can edit wiki

I would rely on an actual encyclopedia to use

;)

Plenty of evidence either way. When I were a schoolboy the map was always painted red. If you prefer pink that's your choice. Pink I would remind you is a girls colour.

Plenty of evidence either way. When I were a schoolboy the map was always painted red. If you prefer pink that's your choice. Pink I would remind you is a girls colour.

When I was schoolboy our Geography teacher always refered to the curriculum maps which showed the empire as pink, Mr Halliwell that was, also a big Rovers supporter. It is no good trying to paint the world red Jim, especially as you are a closet blue

How about that Ben Marshall, eh?

looks like he could turn out to be very good signing

I won't judge him on today's performance, would like to see more of him

True, though we do expect a lot more improvement from him going off todays performance as the game just passed him by. Was really surprised that GB kept him on the pitch for so long.

Didn't see much of the ball in the first half due to us playing down the left side an awful lot. But when he did he nearly scored. Then he seemed to tire in the second half. All in all think he'll do a job once he's match fit

First game, but apart from nearly scoring seemed to not be either forward enough to create problems, or back enough to cover his full-back.

Hope thats more a sign of fitness than anything.

• 4 months later...

I think now he's had a run in the team this guy is proving to be a very good player.

Gets at his full back, can cross with both feet and got a shot on him, think he just needs to keep playing and will get better and better.

Absolutely rinsed Donnys full back in the first half, though he was going to get dragged off after that (the defender).

He's beginning to give full backs torrid afternoons. The Birmingham lad was struggling against him too. In fact you only need to look at Rhodes first goal, the defender was turned inside out by the time Marshall crossed.

I really like the lad. The first half the Doncaster right back looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else in the world. Unfortunately, and as often happens in games, when we didn't have too much of the ball in the second half he struggled to make as much of an impact.

I do like him though, he could prove to be a terrific buy if he keeps it up.

I was told by a friend at the Sheff Wed match that Marshall has struggled with depression in the past, and that his confidence can easily be shot to pieces e.g. his fall from grace at Leicester.... Anyone shed any light on this?

Guest Norbert

I don't know about Ben, but from my experience of depression, it really can affect your work. You physically move slower, your concentration goes and you tend to just want to go home and hide in bed. If you're a football player, it would show as football is a public, physical activity.

I don't know about Ben, but from my experience of depression, it really can affect your work. You physically move slower, your concentration goes and you tend to just want to go home and hide in bed. If you're a football player, it would show as football is a public, physical activity.

Well good luck to him. Let's hope it is being well managed. Very impressed with his performances of late.

A lot of talented players fail because there personnel problems, such as Amir Zahki, Adriano and Michael Johnson all should still be playing at the top level if they had been supported and managed different.

Surely a better example would be Sebastian Deisler? It caused him to retire at 27.

Archived