BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ben Marshall

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone interested in the subject of depression in football A life too short about the late German keeper Robert Enke is a fantastic book on the Illness.

You should have posted that in the JR thread

For anyone interested in the subject of depression in football A life too short about the late German keeper Robert Enke is a fantastic book on the Illness.

I don't like to say but I suffered with depression in recent years and I agree, one of the best books I have ever read. As soon as I saw it I had to buy it as it can be something I relate to.

A lot of talented players fail because there personnel problems, such as Amir Zahki, Adriano and Michael Johnson all should still be playing at the top level if they had been supported and managed different.

There's always two sides to every story and yes whilst it most likely is the cae the player will have been a part of the problem as well.

More footballers should go and learn about managing divergent peoples before stepping up and taking charge.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't seem to be any more news at tho moment, I can only assume the swelling is too bad at the moment to get a proper diagnosis.

What doubly annoyed me is that when the Derby guy controlled the ball on the touchline it looked from where I sit (not far off being bang in line with that touchline) that the ball went out of play for our throw in. The linesman didn't give it which propmpted Marshall to make the challenge. He's apparently caught his studs in the turf in doing so, and we all know the rest.

Add this to the foul on Kane which should've been a penalty and we've pretty much been stuffed by a couple of poor decisions. Not that we deserved the win overall but I still keep waiting for these decisions to even themselves up!

Doesn't seem to be any more news at tho moment, I can only assume the swelling is too bad at the moment to get a proper diagnosis.

What doubly annoyed me is that when the Derby guy controlled the ball on the touchline it looked from where I sit (not far off being bang in line with that touchline) that the ball went out of play for our throw in. The linesman didn't give it which propmpted Marshall to make the challenge. He's apparently caught his studs in the turf in doing so, and we all know the rest.

Add this to the foul on Kane which should've been a penalty and we've pretty much been stuffed by a couple of poor decisions. Not that we deserved the win overall but I still keep waiting for these decisions to even themselves up!

We sit dead in line and it was clearly off. Didn't need to make the tackle but wouldn't have had the opportunity if the linesman, who hadn't a clue throughout, had done anything like a decent job.

I agree, I read it recently. Well worth a read for any thoughtful football fan.

I don't like to say but I suffered with depression in recent years and I agree, one of the best books I have ever read. As soon as I saw it I had to buy it as it can be something I relate to.

No wonder, following Rovers post Venkies. It's enough to depress anyone.

• Backroom

Damn that linesman. Fancy forcing Marshall to make needless rash challenge on the half way line. We can only be grateful he didn't ask him to jump in the Leeds to Liverpool near the Navvy

Speaking of a rash you are all over these boards like one for someone who claims to be a new member

Think Chaddy may have a mate in the chatterbox group soon!

Speaking of a rash you are all over these boards like one for someone who claims to be a new member

Think Chaddy may have a mate in the chatterbox group soon!

Naa! Chaddy is a pleasant serial poster.

Archived