BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times article

folkdevil

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacking Sam wasn't an indication that they couldn't run our finances 47er, whereas £5m and JW walking were. Sacking Sam and replacing with Kean was another, but different sign that some fans either didn't recognise, or chose to ignore.

All the evidence was there very early on, if people took off their blue n white tinted specs and looked.

Sorry to disagree with you here Den but once we lost our Premier League status, which I was sure we would, we lost our main source of funding------didn't we? What plan did they have for that?

Am I missing something here? Surely Sam was sacked before JW walked? Wasn't that conclusive proof that Venkys were not to be trusted in anything? Contrary to their promises as well as to all common sense.

After that, I knew we were going down, and have been utterly opposed to the wretches ever since.

You were bang on the money from the off 47er, I'll give you that.

• Moderation Lead

Two very early signs spelled it out K Hod.

Firstly, their announcement that we could get into the CL, with just £5m/year. Quite simply that showed that they didn't have any clue whatsoever what they had bought........

And secondly - John Williams resigning. After that first announcement, I remember posting on here that fans should watch closely how John Williams would react. Williams basically walked when he couldn't persuade the owners to set a budget. There was no control over the clubs spending.

The signs were very definitely there. It was just a matter of recognising them.

I'm talking about when they initially took over. After Allardyce and the board were dismissed, it soon became clear we were up sh1t creek....

That's kind of you LD.

Tris is probably choking over his beer as we speak so I'll get in first and point out that I did embrace the take-over at first.

Clearly the Trust wanted out so "lets get it over with" was my attitude. However once they made that almost immediate decision to sack Sam I knew we'd been landed with a bunch of wrong uns and all my hopes had been for nothing.

Plenty will point out that they were against Indian owners from the off and I've got mixed views about that.

That's kind of you LD.

Tris is probably choking over his beer as we speak so I'll get in first and point out that I did embrace the take-over at first.

Clearly the Trust wanted out so "lets get it over with" was my attitude. However once they made that almost immediate decision to sack Sam I knew we'd been landed with a bunch of wrong uns and all my hopes had been for nothing.

Plenty will point out that they were against Indian owners from the off and I've got mixed views about that.

Me too. I even remember saying to my kids that relegation would have been a certainty in the next few years with the Trust's disinvestment! I was angry and a ashamed at San's sacking, but I remember thinking( !) they must have a plan.

.I do need to confess that the sight of Balaji and the little one with the tash on the pitch before the Villa game did not feel right. Like Father Ted, I am not a racist, but I did wonder how these people could get what Rovers meant to people like me...the exact opposite to when Jack took over.Seriously, I never imagined anything this though....

Sorry to disagree with you here Den but once we lost our Premier League status, which I was sure we would, we lost our main source of funding------didn't we? What plan did they have for that?

I purposely didn't mention Sam 47er. Once he was brought into the discussion, the point would have been lost. Apart from which, sacking him points to footballing misjudgement, rather than evidence of their financial incompetence. They obviously believed they could replace him easily.

I purposely didn't mention Sam 47er. Once he was brought into the discussion, the point would have been lost. Apart from which, sacking him points to footballing misjudgement, rather than evidence of their financial incompetence. They obviously believed they could replace him easily.

They were told they could replace him easily, by wrong uns about to get their hands in the till

I do need to confess that the sight of Balaji and the little one with the tash on the pitch before the Villa game did not feel right. Like Father Ted, I am not a racist, but I did wonder how these people could get what Rovers meant to people like me...the exact opposite to when Jack took over.Seriously, I never imagined anything this though....

"did not 'feel' right?" You need to borrow my 'spidey senses' Leonard! I had the feckers taped from the off. :rover:

A bit unfair that, I know how he felt at the time of the take over, same as me, we got criticised heavily at the time

Who and where are these critics nowadays Yoda just hope they've not lost their seats or even worse given them up.

Who and where are these critics nowadays Yoda just hope they've not lost their seats or even worse given them up.

A few have legged it, others are in denial :)

I talk to him and I believe him

The gospel according to St Leonard

Archived