BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Day, Rovers v Weds, 26th December 2013

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing result. Can't comment on the performance, obviously, but the scoreline speaks for itself, as do Bowyer's questionable selections and substitutions. Almost certainly two points dropped against a relegation-threatened side.

A draw got us to 10th and one win from a play-off spot.

I would have preferred a win, but we don't always get want. We created chances and didn't convert. But we did get the bare minimum needed, so Bowyer did alright..

If he had some balls we could be 1 point of the play-offs. He could have gone to india in the play-offs and then he can ask for more funds and point at the table.

I can guess why and what happened, he cut them slack at christmas as a reward.

Stuart did the crowd chant for Rochina and then GB sent him on?

Poor result. Draw sounds like it was a fair result. Struggle to break teams down at home when they come for a point. Dunn is a major loss when he doesn't play.

Wasn't at the match but from what I could tell from the radio, we were getting overrun in midfield by playing 442 so we brought Williamson on to combat that. I would have started with King and the front 3 of Taylor, King and Marshall rotating which has worked well in recent weeks. 442 is just too rigid. Taylor going off was a big loss. An important player for us.

Didn't get to today's game but I would start with Rochina behind Rhodes every game. Not looking good for him still being here in January I wouldn't have thought.

Also it seems obvious that Cairney needs to be dictating play in the centre.

That said, we're not conceding recently, for those who went, was it the case that we kept it tight and missed a number of chances we should have converted?

Gutted. What an awful game. Feel sorry for the players like Bucks who travelled a long way.

Bowyer decided part way through the second half that he was going to play for a point and did so. They aren't going to shift many half season tickets with garbage like today. A chance to go one point off the play-offs thrown away.

Williamson and Lowe playing defensive "midfield" is a terrible combination and we don't seem to be looking to change anything in terms of getting a tune out of Rhodes, more lumping it forward, mixed with making him come deep and wide, and have him look to pass to... May as well put Lowe up front if we only want him to pass the ball backwards.

Maybe it's all but confirmed that he's off in January - and I wouldn't blame him.

90 minutes plus stoppages that I'm never getting back. The highlight was the Jacob's Join that a few around us had at half time and to wish them all well for Christmas.

Stuart did the crowd chant for Rochina and then GB sent him on?

Didn't hear it, to be fair.

All the subs were terrible today though. Granted one was enforced but still. Meanwhile Lowe remains undroppable.

Archived