BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool: 1st Feb......3pm.......must win?

Not dangerous to me if thats the only place they are.

Dangerous if they set fire to anything or injure someone. I presume you're not really as self-centred as you like to appear. what if they are thrown at p-layers as has happened or children get injured from them? Those who bring them into grounds should be given a serious ban I feel

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chap,sat next to me yesterday was a fan of 50+ years and a ST holder for 30 years until the Venloons screwed us over. He came on a borrowed ST for the first time for 2 seasons. Bloke said:

"God this is absolute sh!te, if it is like this every week no way am I coming back". Everyone around said "yes it is this bad but at least it is an improvement on last season".

Well that was all just complete bollockks. If he's been going for 50 years I can guarantee that he's seen much much worse! Yesterday the conditions dictated the match and anyone who didn't add that into the equation has never played football...... I hope you put em right pb. :rock:

.... just read lots of similar posts . Is 'Blackburnitis' a word or a condition?

Not dangerous to me if thats the only place they are.

Dangerous if they set fire to anything or injure someone. I presume you're not really as self-centred as you like to appear. what if they are thrown at p-layers as has happened or children get injured from them? Those who bring them into grounds should be given a serious ban I feel

Whilst I agree, the club obviously does not see them as a danger, unlike Kean / Venky's out banners otherwise they would be taking the same draconian measures.:)

JR ran the wrong way all afternoon. I seem to rem him making Dunny and either Cairney or Taylor look foolish. If we want to maximise Gestede's flick ons then we need to produce a hybrid player with Rhodes finishing and King's speed and strength.

Don't you dare. He's doing exactly what you wanted. Fewer goals, dropping deeper and working harder, bringing other players into the game - to the detriment of his own strengths.

Not what I want his contribution to the team to be but you know best.

Dann wasn't missed at all yesterday because he never brought anything to the table. Bit worried about the back up should Hanley or Killa get injured as we don't want to rely on Lowe or Spurr back there but hopefully a loan might cover that.

Kilgallon's range of passing is streets ahead of Dann, one cross field ball in the first half was sublime. He also brought the ball out and caused Blackpool problems with his forward runs. Granted Blackpool were poor, but I thought Kilgallon was outstanding.

......because Blackpool were @#/? poor would be more accurate ! I do feel however that we continue to let crosses come into our box way way too easily. The spirit and graft of Ripley and Wilcox and even Duff and Emerton needs to be reawakened.

JR can never be classed as a strong centre forward but these days he is a shadow of his former self. 'Scores when he wants' is in danger of becoming his epitaph cos when he doesn't score (and he isn't doing at the moment) he is imo a liability to his teammates.

In fairness to him - and I thought he was totally anonymous at Barnsley by the way, might as well have not been on the pitch - I've seen a bit more to his game of late. He does seem more mobile. Worth remembering the goals he set up for Gestede against Derby and Donny. To me I wonder how this 'creator' role has taken away from his goalscoring : he's had a few half chances lately and just hasn't looked like scoring which is unlike how things were a few months ago.

Don't you dare. He's doing exactly what you wanted. Fewer goals, dropping deeper and working harder, bringing other players into the game - to the detriment of his own strengths.

Not what I want his contribution to the team to be but you know best.

Does your seat face the pitch Stuart? I've seen more work in a dole queue.

Does your seat face the pitch Stuart? I've seen more work in a dole queue.

Let's not ignore the fact he provided the assists for Rudys winning goal v Donny and his goal v Derby ? Maybe he just had a bad day yesterday ?

Agree on the 'Blackburnitus' bit though. First outbreak around 1960 i believe.

Maybe the supporter wasn't referring specifically to the football but rather to a plethora of things that were grim

half empty ground, freezing cold day, not exactly scintillating football, average atmosphere, and a team of decent but unspectacular footballers

Or he could have seen it as an improving young rovers team getting a win. Depends how you look at it.

Although if he thinks Dunn's goal was just decent he either needs to support manc city, barcelona, real madrid or give up on football.

Unless he revels in being miserable and giving up on rovers, which a few do.

If we want to maximise Gestede's flick ons then we need to produce a hybrid player with Rhodes finishing and King's speed and strength.

If we did, he wouldn't be playing for a middle of the championship side, he'd be at a premiership club or higher.

We are a championship club with championship players and that is why we have players with partial ability not a complete forward!

Well that was all just complete bollockks. If he's been going for 50 years I can guarantee that he's seen much much worse! Yesterday the conditions dictated the match and anyone who didn't add that into the equation has never played football...... I hope you put em right pb. :rock:

.... just read lots of similar posts . Is 'Blackburnitis' a word or a condition?

Yesterday wasn't easy on the eye, but I do have to agree with this. I have seen much, much worse served up by teams playing in the famous blue and white

A Very solid and professional performance.

Robbo - 7 Little to do but a good save first half against a ball moving all over the place.

Kane - 8 Very solid, got forward well and made one great sliding challenge on Haroun when he was last man.

Hanley - 8 Very good mature game capped of the killer goal.

Killa- 8 Defensively sound and very comfortable on the ball, played on fantastic first touch cross field ball to Kane first half.

Spurr- 7 Didn't get forward enough first half but did second half and good some good ball's in.

Lowe - 7 Pretty solid, but I still think that he backs of to much when a player runs at him in our half.

Cairney- 7 Kept the ball well.

Taylor - 6 Gave the ball away to often first half, improved in the second.

Dunn - 8 The one player in our team capable of scoring a goal like that and was constantly a threat when on the ball and won numerous free kicks

Gestede - 7 Won numerous header's and was always aware of what was around him

Rhodes - 5 Should have scored 2

Conway - 8 An assist and another great ball in which Rhodes should have scored from, a very promising start.

King - 7 Gave us some extra width, just a real shame that he can't seem to get back to the fitness and form he showed in September.

If we did, he wouldn't be playing for a middle of the championship side, he'd be at a premiership club or higher.

We are a championship club with championship players and that is why we have players with partial ability not a complete forward!

Correct..... we'd only be allowed to keep the player made from the left over bits. Which reminds me.... I'd forgotten we still have Olsson! So average that he only gets a place on the subs bench after we have got shot of 15 players!

Absolutely nothing to take from today except Rovers or a better team would have have won by far more than just the two goals.... simple as that.

Positives were Robinson in goal and Dunn in midfield.

Negatives were :-

Kanes first half crossing very poor.

Jordan Rhodes anticipation of Gestedes flick on's very poor.

Taylor and Cairney in the middle just not as smart as Dunny.

Gary Bowyer failing to bring on Mahoney instead of Olsson for King.

Agree with this. There is something not working in the Gestedes/Rhodes link up. Not working for Rhodes that is. Never seems to be in position for the flick ons.

Absolutely nothing to take from today except Rovers or a better team would have have won by far more than just the two goals.... simple as that.

Positives were Robinson in goal and Dunn in midfield.

Man of the match performance from Jason Lowe, one of his best in a Rovers shirt, was another positive for me. I assume this was just an oversight on your part and not because you are one of his boo-boys.

Man of the match performance from Jason Lowe, one of his best in a Rovers shirt, was another positive for me. I assume this was just an oversight on your part and not because you are one of his boo-boys.

WJUM

I like how there seems to be less comments on match topics in games which we win. People having nothing to complain about I guess. Bowyer chose a really attacking line-up, Jason Lowe was fantastic throughout and we won't miss Dann much if Kilgallon can continue to play like he did. A comfortable home win I thought, Blackpool looked poor.

• Moderation Lead

I like how there seems to be less comments on match topics in games which we win. People having nothing to complain about I guess. Bowyer chose a really attacking line-up, Jason Lowe was fantastic throughout and we won't miss Dann much if Kilgallon can continue to play like he did. A comfortable home win I thought, Blackpool looked poor.

Believe me they'll find something.

The trouble is that the bit in bold undermines the rest of your post. Apart from the line up - which I hope wasn't simply due to injury to Williamson, and actually marks a change in strategy.

Archived