BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Blackpool: 1st Feb......3pm.......must win?

I like how there seems to be less comments on match topics in games which we win. People having nothing to complain about I guess. Bowyer chose a really attacking line-up, Jason Lowe was fantastic throughout and we won't miss Dann much if Kilgallon can continue to play like he did. A comfortable home win I thought, Blackpool looked poor.

Thank you for this. Even those around me at Ewood who constantly criticise him had nothing bad to say yesterday. What's a WJUM by the way - I'm new to this ?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference yesterday was 3 points. I agree fully with Bowyer that we need to be more clinical in our finishing because the opposition will always throw everything at us in the 2nd half. Yesterday at 61 minutes they swapped a defender and a central mid for 2 very attacking players. At that point it is difficult to keep "taking the game to them" and ideally you want to be 3-0 up and hitting them on the break...

That said it is great to come on here and everybody is talking about football (even if some of you are miserable whingey barstewards) :P;)

• Backroom

I like how there seems to be less comments on match topics in games which we win. People having nothing to complain about I guess. Bowyer chose a really attacking line-up, Jason Lowe was fantastic throughout and we won't miss Dann much if Kilgallon can continue to play like he did. A comfortable home win I thought, Blackpool looked poor.

Probably because in all honesty there isn't much to take from the game

It was pretty much a nothing game in which we only had to do the bare minimum to win, which thankfully we did at a canter.

Most people around me were more concerned with the wind than the game

Probably because in all honesty there isn't much to take from the game

It was pretty much a nothing game in which we only had to do the bare minimum to win, which thankfully we did at a canter.

Most people around me were more concerned with the wind than the game

That's why Friday night for me is never curry night

Not at all convincing but you can only beat whats in front of you as the old saying goes. And Dunn proved again that when fit he's head and shoulders above the rest of our squad.

The flares made me laugh. Can imagine what was going through their minds:

"We'll set them off when we know we've won."

"We'll set them off when we equalise"

"We'll set them off when we score a goal"

"Oh sod it, we're rubbish, lets just set them off"

They were celebrating the broncos in the Super Bowl

I mentioned this a while back and was slated for it. Seems to be the case.

......because Blackpool were kean poor would be more accurate ! I do feel however that we continue to let crosses come into our box way way too easily. The spirit and graft of Ripley and Wilcox and even Duff and Emerton needs to be reawakened.

...if we don't line up with wingers/wide midfielders then who is going to track the opposing widemen?

Glad to hear that we made some positive substitutions in the 2nd half. Good tactics I reckon to put the wingers on late on as it should stretch them at the back when they're tired. You just know that Wilko will be back next week to replace the injured Dunn though and we'll be back to more of the same. Blackpool are like us last year but have gone earlier than we did and could easily go down this year.

Thought with the conditions we were good for the win. We probably should've had it wrapped up sooner, but will take the three points.

My only whinge is that Rovers cost me my otherwise winning bet. I had us on the both teams to score because we normally concede and our defence didn't. Hmpf!! :D

I've a question....why is that no smoking announcement so bloody loud four times a game. We get the message!!

Thought with the conditions we were good for the win. We probably should've had it wrapped up sooner, but will take the three points.

My only whinge is that Rovers cost me my otherwise winning bet. I had us on the both teams to score because we normally concede and our defence didn't. Hmpf!! :D

I've a question....why is that no smoking announcement so bloody loud four times a game. We get the message!!

Well I don't think it's working. T

I don't think it's working. The Blackburn End toilets are like being back at school in the 70's

"no pyro, no party"

Hear it all the time these days, see flares going off all the time at football lately. Sort of thing the Darwen End gimps get excited about and pull their todgers over.

This seems to be an issue in Scotland too particularly with Rangers and Aberdeen. Possibly a symptom of the gentrification/sanitisation of the game? To be fair, back in the 80s some of the younger element spiced things up by kicking the @#/? out of each other.

...if we don't line up with wingers/wide midfielders then who is going to track the opposing widemen?

The spare centre forward certainly won't and thats the problem. 4-5-1 imo would make us much more competative all over the pitch. The key then being the quality of the man who plays 'in the hole' and now that Rochina has gone and Marshall is injured we would have to rely very heavily on 'old glassback'. Fantastic player... poor mentality.

Correct Klur..... it only needs to be played in the Darwen and Blackburn End bogs imo..... in fact why not simply put a couple of stewards in both?

btw do we still have that effin pointless prayer room? I'd be willing to let em have a fag in there. :tu:

Not the best of games on Sat but a very welcome 3pts. As others have said, the conditions certainly weren't condusive to a good game of football. I was impressed with Conway when he came on, looks like we might finally have someone who can deliver a cross without bootling it up the full-back's ar$e!

Looks like Hanley & Killa might be able to forge a decent partnership after playing the last few games together, providing both can stay fit and not get themselves sent off.

On a side note, I DJ at the Market Tavern in Chorley where we have karaoke on. A bloke came up to me on Sat night and in a thick scottish accent said "Scuse me pal, can I sing If Tomorrow never comes by Ronan Keating?" I looked up to see Mr Hanley stood in front of me. To be fair, he was really pleasant, signed an autograph made out to my daughter (who was chuffed to bits on Sunday morning when I gave it to her), and he got he missus to take a pic of the pair of us.

I know what you're all thinking...................no his singing didn't clear the pub, he wasn't too bad tbh.

So a big thumbs up from me there Grant. A lot is always said about some players being up their own backsides, but you couldn't have been more accommodating. :tu:

BTW, he loves the 'Big head' song, makes the hairs stand up on his neck when the whole crowd sing it apparently!

Guest Norbert

Orr is definately an Ewood myth, did he do the dump?

Orr was the dump. Karen Silk went in there for some divine help with the finances and took another look at the print out.

Archived