BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] January Transfer Deadline day

Tom

Amazed and staggering if we havnt got a c/b lined up ... The club have known there would be a huge chance Dann would leave this window , why let songo go out on loan and leave us with the only 2 centre halves !! ...... The later the Dann deal happened the more likely Lucas Neill was goin to be his replacement

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon Rhodes/Gestede will get some decent service tomorrow if he starts.

I have just been transferring my Rovers 95 VHS's to DVD and we forget so quickly how fluid our play was back in the day, and how important Ripley and Wilcox were to the goals that we scored. Pinpoint crosses.

Only 2 centre halves... hmmmmm???

Poor planning... very poor planning!!!

Scott Dann, we only got £1.75m... I know we needed to get him off the wage bill, but come on...We paid £6m for him didn't we??? He's only 26... we've been held to ransom!!!

They need to pull their fingers out... we've got a million midfielders, only 2 centre halves and only 2 strikers...

Hopefully there is something up their sleeves!?!?!?!

IM fuming we haven't gone in for a replacement for dann

.or a third striker..i mean letting all them players out on loan .judge Campbell marrow songo ect..its something you would do on fifa and turn injurys off..ffs

None of those mentioned are of any consequence. Not even Songo. We'll bring in cover on loan. If the 37k p/w are true then it had to be done. He's not worth half of that.

After the shambles this month in the transfer window and on the pitch you have to wonder what Dour Bowyer wants to achieve from this season to me it look likes the season is a write off now with us settling for mid table at best under Dour Bowyer's boring ineffective football.

So if Dann goes, we have 2 experienced centre halves.

Do we have a loan move lined up as cover?

Personally Neill would be a decent move for me, he wants to play so he's fit for the world cup, he's experienced, I know he past it, but Richard Dunne is doing ok at QPR at a similar age and similar pace.

The biggest miss by GB was 'Arry picking up Aaron Hughes on loan until the end if the season.

Since when did Scott Dann become the bloody messiah? Kilgallon has a better pedigree than Dann and should be allowed to establish himself. Plus, it is saving the club roughly £20k a week so is a no brainer...

AND Kilgallon was brought in as Dann's replacement in the summer so we won't be moving for Hobbs, Dawson or Keane! They will command a fee, high wages and a demand for first team action which we cannot offer.

An experienced, cheap option will be sought. My guess is a loan or a free agent which can be done next week if necessary....

Cough cough...Lucas Neill (This bit is my opinion but it makes perfect sense based on what they're looking for) We'll see!!!

Letting Dann goes will save money, but unless a suitable replacement comes in, then it's going to make a huge difference to the promotion push in my opinion.

At times we've struggled at the best of times at the back, but with Dann going we will suffer defensively, unless GB can work wonders in the loan window. As for Neill, I can't see him doing a job in the Championship in the centre. I wouldn't be that keen on him, and I'd say if he's played then he'll end up replacing Todd Kane who as been in fine form this season and will rule out a chance of signing him on a permanent.

Scott Dann. Captain Average. I'm struggling to think of any aspect of his game that he excels at. He certainly doesn't inspire, isn't a leader of men nor leads by example. When the going gets tough... he's exactly the same. I've never seen him lose his rag, get stuck in or even fired up. I for one won't be gutted if he leaves.

Suffering a ruptured testicle and playing on the remainder of the match isn't?

For Scott Dann's sake I'm glad he's moved as the criticism he's got from some supporters here has been poor. Yes, he's made mistakes, as did Nelsen, Samba, Todd, Short, Oojer and Amoruso in recent years, but everyone gave their all including him.

McDermott sacked so looks like Varney will have to wait.

Will be a shame if we miss out on Varney. Excellent grafter and has a fairly decent reputation as a goal scorer.

Another loss was Macheda who will get several goals for Birmingham. Would have been a useful addition until the end of the season.

I have just been transferring my Rovers 95 VHS's to DVD and we forget so quickly how fluid our play was back in the day, and how important Ripley and Wilcox were to the goals that we scored. Pinpoint crosses.

Did the same thing a couple of years back. Wonderful memories! At least they can't take those away eh? What great strikers we had.

4 of them!

only takes a couple of injurys and we are screwed ..our bench is weak as it is..

So are our finances. And that will remain the case whether we have a couple of injuries or not.

I'm not saying its ideal. Ideally Best would have trotted off to some other unfortunate part of the country. Closely followed by Etuhu. But Dann was on big money and wanted out. I'm also not entirely sure he was a great influence either. Maybe not in the same league as Best, but I nwver felt his heart was in it.

Archived